:s nore:

thats all I got to say.

they deserve 1 race at most and a 300-400 Mile race tops

Galveston dunes
5th August 2007, 23:43
money and entertainment for one thing.

jeffmr2
5th August 2007, 23:45
Thats what i was thinking watching tonights race,it was too long.I still enjoyed it but if it wasnt for me having a bad back i would have set the video,gone to the pub and watched half of the the race on fast forward.

muggle not
5th August 2007, 23:55

thats all I got to say.

Kevin must not have done too well. :D :D

e2mtt
6th August 2007, 03:15
Kevin must not have done too well. :D :D

Harvick#1 is pretty easy to predict.... :-)

I agree the Pocono races could use to be a little shorter, and not quite so back-to-back. I wouldn't mind them only running one race here either... it is an interesting track, and seems to draw crowds OK, but the racing is pretty dull.

harvick#1
6th August 2007, 11:49
Harvick#1 is pretty easy to predict.... :-)

no, all RCR cars were top 20.

its just that the track configuration is way too long to host a 500 mile event.

and since Nascar messed with the gear rule, the races are getting worse and worse

Lee Roy
6th August 2007, 18:09

thats all I got to say.

The track is owned by the Mattioli family. They have had 2 races for quite a few years now. NASCAR/ISC/The France Family does not take races away from independent owners. If ISC were to purchase the Pocono track from the Mattioli's, then you might see it lose a race.

Smoke'em20
6th August 2007, 18:22
money and entertainment for one thing.

Well, for money anyway.

I wish they would get rid of the second Pocono and add a road course.

Lee Roy
6th August 2007, 18:36
Well, for money anyway.

I wish they would get rid of the second Pocono and add a road course.

I wish ISC, or someone, would buy Pocono and turn it into a world class road course. Maybe they could get F1 to race there, if it isn't too close to Montreal.

blakebeatty
6th August 2007, 19:20
I can't imagine how it must be to watch Pocono live too, the distance to the far corner must he hideous.

Sparky1329
6th August 2007, 20:01
I can't imagine how it must be to watch Pocono live too, the distance to the far corner must he hideous.

If you're not sitting in the top few rows of the grandstands you can't see squat. They have Jumbotrons to watch the backstretch action on the sceen. I live only 30 miles from the place and I heve never gone to a race there.

Lee Roy
6th August 2007, 20:20
If you're not sitting in the top few rows of the grandstands you can't see squat. They have Jumbotrons to watch the backstretch action on the sceen. I live only 30 miles from the place and I heve never gone to a race there.

There was a company that ran bus trips to NASCAR races that I used a few times to go to Martinsville and Bristol (they also do other NASCAR races). I asked the lady that ran the company why they didn't have trips to Pocono. She just looked at me and said "Have you ever been to Pocono"?

That's why I think they should turn it into a first class road course. Maybe an F1 race, but at least ALMS, Rolex, but hopefully at least one Cup race. Then there would be all the club racers.

Speedworx
6th August 2007, 20:24
Worst race I have ever seen.

Scrap Pocono and have Montreal and a European race (rockingham)

call_me_andrew
6th August 2007, 21:20

I've been there several times. If your in the cheapo $45 seats, it's not so great. Once you're up to the $80 seats, it's pretty nice.

I once went to Dover, got some of the highest possible seats in turn four, and I couldn't see the start/finish line because the skybox was in the way.

You're all nuts! I thought the race yestorday was pretty good, and while the ARCA race was a little on the wreck fest side, it was pretty good too. I wouldn't mind seeing Pocono get a 3rd race.

Sparky1329
6th August 2007, 22:17
There was a company that ran bus trips to NASCAR races that I used a few times to go to Martinsville and Bristol (they also do other NASCAR races). I asked the lady that ran the company why they didn't have trips to Pocono. She just looked at me and said "Have you ever been to Pocono"?

That's why I think they should turn it into a first class road course. Maybe an F1 race, but at least ALMS, Rolex, but hopefully at least one Cup race. Then there would be all the club racers.

There are a few different road course configurations offered at Pocono right now.

http://www.poconoraceway.com/trackrental/

I like Pocono because it's so different but it's definitely not a place for great race viewing.

blakebeatty
6th August 2007, 22:43
One would have to think that the next track to lose a date would be Pocono. It is definately one of the least apealing tracks on the schedule. I would also argue that Loudon is not far behind.

Sparky1329
7th August 2007, 04:06
One would have to think that the next track to lose a date would be Pocono. It is definately one of the least apealing tracks on the schedule. I would also argue that Loudon is not far behind.

I don't know about that. Pocono attracts a lot of fans from the surrounding states in a prime market. I'm not sure that NASCAR would take a race away from Bob Bahre either even though that wouldn't hurt my feelings.

blakebeatty
7th August 2007, 04:14
I agree with that too...

Ironically, Pocono has actually done quite well over the last few years in TV ratings too, nearly the highest rated race of the summer. It beats out the Bristol night race that is one of the most coveted tickets in pro sports.

Sparky1329
7th August 2007, 05:35
I agree with that too...

Ironically, Pocono has actually done quite well over the last few years in TV ratings too, nearly the highest rated race of the summer. It beats out the Bristol night race that is one of the most coveted tickets in pro sports.

Pocono doesn't advertise its attendance numbers but from what can be seen on TV there doesn't appear to be any empty seats. Usually the racing is pretty good but Kurt stunk up their show pretty soundly yesterday. I checked in on the race around lap #73 or so and there were already only 29 cars on the lead lap.

Aussie12
7th August 2007, 07:26
Why does Pocono have two races? Better still, why doesn't Richmond still have a race? Oh yeah, $$$$$$$$$. :(

Aussie12
7th August 2007, 07:59
...why doesn't Richmond still have a race?
Did I say Richmond? I meant Rockingham. :dork: :laugh: :blackeye: :s hock: :arrows:

Lee Roy
7th August 2007, 11:06
Did I say Richmond? I meant Rockingham. :dork: :laugh: :blackeye: :s hock: :arrows:

Did you ever see the attendance at Rockingham? Acres of bare aluminum doesn't do much to make a racing series want to return.

wedge
7th August 2007, 13:52
Personally I'd rather watch a race at Pocono instead of having to put up with races on cookie cutter 1.5m ovals.

Mark in Oshawa
7th August 2007, 20:27
I was going to say what you said Wedge. Pocono often comes out like a road race. You have some good races and bad races everywhere, but the only thing about Pocono is the races should be 300 or 400 miles tops. Get the race in within 3 to 4 hours. Right now, it is just a long snooze if you have a guy stinking up the show....