PDA

View Full Version : FGP Results - Hungary

N. Jones
5th August 2007, 22:00
http://www.profacil.net/FGP/index.html

The results are online. Currently six points separate the top six teams in the overall standings!!

Those teams who have McLaren for their chassis or Mercedes as their engine will not score points for those categories due to the FIA's penalty.

truefan72
6th August 2007, 01:59
http://www.profacil.net/FGP/index.html

The results are online. Currently six points separate the top six teams in the overall standings!!

Those teams who have McLaren for their chassis or Mercedes as their engine will not score points for those categories due to the FIA's penalty.

hmm the chasis I can understand the engine i don't agree with.
Suppose mercedes had engines in other teams, they wouldn't score points either?

the chasis is directly in relationship with the team and therefore subject to those sanctions, but the engine is a seperate manner, and should be judged accordingly

N. Jones
6th August 2007, 03:50
It's all part of the team - "McLaren Mercedes". Ferrari and Renault would be no different.

PSfan
6th August 2007, 04:24
It's all part of the team - "McLaren Mercedes". Ferrari and Renault would be no different.

I was gonna make the same argument as Truefan earlier but noticed I don't have neither Mcleran chassis, nor Mercedes as an engine so choose to stay quite :p :

Anyway just for clarification, had it been Ferrari being excluded, Points earned by Red Bull or Spyker would have counted right?

Also, since Mcleran didn't score points, would the other teams chasis and Engines be promoted up the same way that happens when their rivals both cars finish ahead but only one scores points?

example Ferrari finished 2nd, but since they where the highest team to score points shouldn't they been promoted to 10 points in the same way that Toyota would have been promoted up to 5 or 6 points after their car finished 6th (3 real life points scored...) movin up a spot because both Mclerans and BMWs can't score points...

N. Jones
6th August 2007, 17:01
Nope. If the Ferrari team is excluded then only they lose points.
IF Prodrive uses the Mercedes engine next year and McLaren are excluded then only McLaren loses out.

I thought about promoting when exclusion happens but I realized - "you can't please all of the people all of the time." Some would like it, some would hate it, and some would down right loathe it. So I left it as is - McLaren-Mercedes has been excluded - everyone else keeps the ppoints they earned according to our tried and true method.

truefan72
9th August 2007, 00:51
I still feel that the engine is a seperate factor and that those teams are doubly penalized. chasis I agree 100% but the engine is sepereated in the FGP and therefore should be treated differently. The chasis are unique to the teams, the engines are not ,therefore you cannot hold McClaren to a different standard than Ferrari, Toyota or Renault. The highest placed engine scores the points right?
It seems clear to me, but what do I know ;)

truefan72
9th August 2007, 00:52
BTW, what happens if Mcclaren wins their appeal?

N. Jones
9th August 2007, 01:42
Then everyone gets their points back. Only fair that if the team gets them so should the fgp teams.

raikk
10th August 2007, 07:55
tied for 3rd!! wooot wooot! 30 pts!

holy crap I just realized!! Overall results..

2. Team Wellworth 302

2nd ooooo ya!!
damn I'm a natural at this :D :D

N. Jones
10th August 2007, 17:06
or damn lucky. :)

I would like just to get out of the bottom half for once!