http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61320

COD
4th August 2007, 22:01
Suzuki?

Blaah... He should just admit to himself that it is over

MJW
4th August 2007, 22:02
I guess Cokin thinks there may be a chance at Ford if Bosse retires or probably more realistically Suzuki. Cant see him in a Citroen or Subaru. Mitsu want to play in the sand with pick ups, also Colin is signed for BMW in Dakar. I suspect this is a final throw of the dice and he hopes to get a paid drive. Suzuki would / could be the most interested, definately get them publicity and I think they have the necessary yen to pay what Colin would expect.

J.Lindstroem
4th August 2007, 22:24
As MJW says, Colin whould be the best possible way to get great publicity. It whould'nt really matter if he crashed a lot, to have Colin in the team whould be the best possible start for them!

bt52b
4th August 2007, 22:28
He would be good for Suzuki. Who else can they sign that would get them the same PR, results and development push?

J.Lindstroem
4th August 2007, 22:46
He would be good for Suzuki. Who else can they sign that would get them the same PR, results and development push?

I suppose it is just Colin. To have the SX4 related with the name "McRae" is really big. For us rally-fans, names like Märtin or Gardemeister whould be as good. But Colin has the ability to make new people to see our beloved sport!

Mihai
4th August 2007, 22:53
Suzuki?

No-no, that's just his birthday wish! Colin is turning 39 today (it's already August 5th where I live)... :)

ste898
4th August 2007, 23:02
It would be fantastic to see a proper entetainer back in the WRC its never been the same since he left!!!!!!

J.Lindstroem
4th August 2007, 23:11
No-no, that's just his birthday wish! Colin is turning 39 today (it's already August 5th where I live)... :)

Maybe. But it's my wish to! :)

bt52b
5th August 2007, 01:30
I suppose it is just Colin. To have the SX4 related with the name "McRae" is really big. For us rally-fans, names like Märtin or Gardemeister whould be as good. But Colin has the ability to make new people to see our beloved sport!

Didn't think Markku was going to come back. Colin and Markku would be a great team. Would love to see someone like Kris Meeke get a shot at a WRC car.

Shame Mitsu aren't serious.

Spud
5th August 2007, 01:46
If this is so I think it would be great!!!!!Col should be in the WRC,there is no doubt about it.....

Buzz Lightyear
5th August 2007, 09:25
Reality check maybe needed.

The only saving grace for Colin going to Suzuki, would be his drop-off in pace could be disguised by the inadequacies of the new car.

A promotional stunt, but could back-fire when, PG Andersson beats McRae!

GigiGalliNo1
5th August 2007, 09:47
I did not see "Suzuki" in that article. Well Suzuki should get Dudu and maybe Colin...

grugsticles
5th August 2007, 09:58
1st thought - Cool!

2nd thought - hmm... not gonna happen.

3rd thought - Yummmmmmm food!

Josti
5th August 2007, 12:39
I can't deny that I would like to see him back again. At age 39, I can't picture him anywhere else then Suzuki. If Marcus retires, Ford will probably go for a young driver. Citroën and Subaru are no option, and I´m certain he´s not interested in a private entry.

As said before, for publicity and testing Suzuki/McRae is a very good combination.

jonkka
5th August 2007, 15:31
Who is McRea?

SubaruNorway
5th August 2007, 15:51
Ohh sorry :D i know it's McRae. Bored now when Rally Finland is over?

Spud
5th August 2007, 17:08
Reality check maybe needed.

The only saving grace for Colin going to Suzuki, would be his drop-off in pace could be disguised by the inadequacies of the new car.

A promotional stunt, but could back-fire when, PG Andersson beats McRae!

As far as I see it Buzz it doesnt really matter if he wins anything, the point is that he is Colin McRae and wherever he goes he is bound to attract lots of attention.Which is what Suzuki may well need.And you have to admit, Colin's name will forever be etched in along with the great rally drivers of our time...maybe even beyond....

grugsticles
6th August 2007, 07:09
As far as I see it Buzz it doesnt really matter if he wins anything, the point is that he is Colin McRae and wherever he goes he is bound to attract lots of attention.Which is what Suzuki may well need.And you have to admit, Colin's name will forever be etched in along with the great rally drivers of our time...maybe even beyond....

Agreed.

I think that is the main point that new teams/manufacurers overlook when entering any chamionship of any form - the attraction of the public eye.

Now, who here is a Skoda fan? I would be willing to bet that most people would rather watch a Subaru/Ford/Citreon as they are more sucessful teams.
Now when Skoda drafted McRae/Grist for Rally Aus 2005 of which I attended, I would say that the Skoda service park was far more populated than even Subaru (massive Subaru follwing in Australia) for the simple fact that McRae was there.

If Suzuki were to draft McRae, even for a year, then it would be a huge boost to their sponsorship possibilites and public perception. McRae's experience in car setup/design would also pay massive dividends too.

IMO, Suzuki should choose to run 3 cars on selected rally's in 2008. The first 2 drivers could be McRae and maybe Wilks/Meeke/PG/whoever.
The third car could be used as a combination of 2009 driver lineup and extra testing. It may well be run as a 'private' entry if that helps WRC regulation wise.

N.O.T
6th August 2007, 07:15
The WRC is done with Mr Mcrae long long time ago......

duff
6th August 2007, 09:07
Agreed.

I think that is the main point that new teams/manufacurers overlook when entering any chamionship of any form - the attraction of the public eye.

Now, who here is a Skoda fan? I would be willing to bet that most people would rather watch a Subaru/Ford/Citreon as they are more sucessful teams.
Now when Skoda drafted McRae/Grist for Rally Aus 2005 of which I attended, I would say that the Skoda service park was far more populated than even Subaru (massive Subaru follwing in Australia) for the simple fact that McRae was there.

If Suzuki were to draft McRae, even for a year, then it would be a huge boost to their sponsorship possibilites and public perception. McRae's experience in car setup/design would also pay massive dividends too.

IMO, Suzuki should choose to run 3 cars on selected rally's in 2008. The first 2 drivers could be McRae and maybe Wilks/Meeke/PG/whoever.
The third car could be used as a combination of 2009 driver lineup and extra testing. It may well be run as a 'private' entry if that helps WRC regulation wise.

Agreed on all points.

Even if McRae crashes the whole time he will still bring the spectators out, especially in the UK where rallyings popularity has gone down in recent years. It might just cost Suzuki a bit of money is all...

Tomi
6th August 2007, 11:34
the people Suzuki has employed i think shows they are serious, i belive they will sign drivers who can do the job too, Gardemeister is my guess, and Petter if he can arrange Subaru to fire him.
"Galli is a possibility too, rumours says that his budget problems are over".

pino
6th August 2007, 11:39

Link please ! :hmph: ;)

Tomi
6th August 2007, 11:43
Link please ! :hmph: ;)

have no link unfortuatly, just rumours, better wait and see ;)
Thank's pino for the nice company during the rally btw.

pino
6th August 2007, 11:53
have no link unfortuatly, just rumours, better wait and see ;)
Thank's pino for the nice company during the rally btw.

Those rumours are fake and you know that ;) Thanks for your company too :) Now back to the topic I would be delighted to see Colin back :D

BDunnell
6th August 2007, 12:43
I think he would be the ideal choice for a new manufacturer. His drives for Skoda proved that he can get the best out of sub-standard equipment. The Citroen thing last year was a bit of an aberration.

Gard
6th August 2007, 13:04
the people Suzuki has employed i think shows they are serious, i belive they will sign drivers who can do the job too, Gardemeister is my guess, and Petter if he can arrange Subaru to fire him.

why? Petter has in his contract that he can walk if Subaru doesn't perform.

Tomi
6th August 2007, 14:12
why? Petter has in his contract that he can walk if Subaru doesn't perform.

Well i have not seen his contract, and im quite sure you have also not, the car seem to preform ok also atleast for Atkinson.

Brother John
6th August 2007, 14:20
Well i have not seen his contract, and im quite sure you have also not, the car seem to preform ok also atleast for Atkinson.

Thank's Tomi for the nice company in Finland and about Petter i think the same. Is it the car ore is it Petter? :rolleyes: :s mokin:

Glee
6th August 2007, 14:46
Thank's Tomi for the nice company in Finland and about Petter i think the same. Is it the car ore is it Petter? :rolleyes: :s mokin:

Looking from the coverage from NORF and the way the car was wobbling it can’t possibly be Petters’ driving. There obviously was something mysterious wrong with the car.

I think it was something broken in the car, not a design fault (hence, Chris’ and Pons car did work well).

pino
6th August 2007, 14:48
I tought this thread was about Colin...not Petter :crazy: ;)

SubaruNorway
6th August 2007, 14:50
Petter had a different spec on his car, this was such a big problem so i don't they will have a problem finding out was was wrong he coulden even drive straight on the road sections. Atkinsons pace on the first day was very impressive if it hadn't been for those two stals he could have been fighting for the lead.

Brother John
6th August 2007, 14:52
Looking from the coverage from NORF and the way the car was wobbling it can’t possibly be Petters’ driving. There obviously was something mysterious wrong with the car.

I think it was something broken in the car, not a design fault (hence, Chris’ and Pons car did work well).

If you next time go to see a wrc rally, take a look how hard it is with a Subaru (Taxi :D ) to go smoooth and how hard it is to take a corner for the drivers on the rally roads comparing to other cars. :rolleyes:

Back to topic!
Why Colin Mcrea and not a young driver like Wilks in the Suzuki?

jonkka
6th August 2007, 16:37
Would you, as a team manager, take a young and inexperienced driver to develop your first 4WD rally car?

EDIT: In order to avoid people going astray, let me re-phrase 4WD rally car as World Rally Car.

DonJippo
6th August 2007, 18:51

I can confirm that :D

Brother John
6th August 2007, 19:32

Did you pay Galli for next year? :D

grugsticles
6th August 2007, 21:50

Care to provide a link please?

Buzz Lightyear
6th August 2007, 21:57

From the TV coverage, did you also see him continiously adjusting the diffs!

Is there enough scope for ould it be the case the he was able to gets the diffs into such as mess, that the car would not handle?

TKM Jnr
6th August 2007, 22:59
I don't think Colin will get a drive if he keeps rolling at X Games. He rolled again this year for the 2nd year in a row.

noel157
7th August 2007, 00:01
I don't think Colin will get a drive if he keeps rolling at X Games. He rolled again this year for the 2nd year in a row.

Somehow I do not think that somebody's performance at a made for TV, badly designed (have you seen the video of the finish section? Crazy), Mickey Mouse, fairground attraction type of event would have any bearing on a WRC team managers' driver selection. Moto X and skate boarders were the main feature at the X-Games.
McRae's roll last year was the highlight (publicity wise). Let's hope BMW don't see it otherwise no Dakar for him...............

jso1985
7th August 2007, 00:17
Back to topic!
Why Colin Mcrea and not a young driver like Wilks in the Suzuki?

:up:

Zico
7th August 2007, 02:04
According to Allister, Suzuki were in contact with Colin aprox 6 months ago.. I dont know what was discussed or any details, I'll try and squeeze some more info out of him the next time I see him. One things for sure, he'll have to drop his hefty wage demands to make the shortlist.

datto57
7th August 2007, 03:26
From the TV coverage, did you also see him continiously adjusting the diffs!

Is there enough scope for ould it be the case the he was able to gets the diffs into such as mess, that the car would not handle?

Continuing the thread hijack.
The diffs cannot be adjusted from within the car under the current rules. Maybe they gave him dials to twirl to keep him amused.

Spud
7th August 2007, 03:30
The WRC is done with Mr Mcrae long long time ago......

The WRC may be done with him N.O.T but the fans may not be.Methinks you may be underestimating how popular Colin still is......

pino
7th August 2007, 06:32
Care to provide a link please?

He cannot, it was a joke believe me ;) Back to Colin now...

AndyRAC
7th August 2007, 10:53
The WRC may be done with him N.O.T but the fans may not be.Methinks you may be underestimating how popular Colin still is......

Maybe McRae is done with the WRC, why would he want to come back to a struggling championship. At the moment he's having fun doing various projects,....

Spud
8th August 2007, 06:05
Maybe McRae is done with the WRC, why would he want to come back to a struggling championship. At the moment he's having fun doing various projects,....

You may be right Andy but I think there is still something there for the WRC.From the interviews Ive seen of Colin he strikes me as the kind of person who loves to drive rallycars..yes he may enjoy other things but being strapped in to a turbo,4wd beast going sideways thru a forest has got to be the best rush there is!!!

AndyRAC
8th August 2007, 08:37
I'm sure he enjoys going sideways through a forest, that is the problem. You can't drive these modern cars like that if you want to be quick. They have to be driven neat and tidy, like on rails. That's why the WRC is relatively unexciting nowadays.

Schurke
8th August 2007, 08:56
Colin has always said he would not return to WRC "just to make up the numbers", he would be looking for a competitive drive. As in the interview (posted in the first few posts) he mentions he´s looking at a few options, apart from Suzuki what other "competitive" drive options would be available ?

Tomi
8th August 2007, 13:17
Colin has always said he would not return to WRC "just to make up the numbers", he would be looking for a competitive drive. As in the interview (posted in the first few posts) he mentions he´s looking at a few options, apart from Suzuki what other "competitive" drive options would be available ?

Last time he was driving a Citroen and it was the the best car then, and he could not do any result with it.
I think there is no such car in the current WRC colin can win a rally in by driving.

Schurke
8th August 2007, 13:48
I wouldn´t say he couldn´t win a rally.
Don´t forget in Turkey in the Xsara last time out the conditions were terrible, mud and lots of water, (ok - same conditions for everyone) but I think IF Colin had got the drive in Oz the rally after we would have seen a different performance !

Tomi
8th August 2007, 13:50
I wouldn´t say he couldn´t win a rally.
Don´t forget in Turkey in the Xsara last time out the conditions were terrible, mud and lots of water, (ok - same conditions for everyone) but I think IF Colin had got the drive in Oz the rally after we would have seen a different performance !

i was talking about his last full season, not a single event.

Zico
8th August 2007, 13:55
Last time he was driving a Citroen and it was the the best car then, and he could not do any result with it.
I think there is no such car in the current WRC colin can win a rally in by driving.

Yes.. It does seem strange that he was doing so much better in the inferior Fabia in Oz prior to that. My guess is that the Xsara didnt suit colins rwd roots - passive centre diff "sideways" driving style and was more suited to Loebs more precise railroad type style?
Doing well in the WRC requires so many things to fall in to place. How he went so well in the Fabia and yet struggled in the Xsara is a bit of a mystery to me.

Schurke
8th August 2007, 14:06
Agreed.

Let´s wait and see what happens.

Tomi
8th August 2007, 14:09
Well at Suzuki it will be Lindholm who does the testing and make the drivers a drivable car, to make final setup is up to the drivers, the same way it was at Peugeot and i know it is at Citroen too, so the problem must have been somewhere between the seat and the steeringwheel..

Koz
8th August 2007, 14:33
Well at Suzuki it will be Lindholm who does the testing and make the drivers a drivable car, to make final setup is up to the drivers, the same way it was at Peugeot and i know it is at Citroen too, so the problem must have been somewhere between the seat and the steeringwheel..

Lindholm will be/is testing for Suzuki? Sounds promising.
Mcrae doesnt need results. Nor does he need to do anything for the team except bring his name and most importantly his game :p .

Tomi
8th August 2007, 14:40
Lindholm will be/is testing for Suzuki? Sounds promising.
Mcrae doesnt need results. Nor does he need to do anything for the team except bring his name and most importantly his game :p .

True, but I hope Suzuki wants to become a serious player in the WRC, instead of a 1 man's game commercial, it would be better for the sport.

Schurke
8th August 2007, 15:18
Ok Tomi, you´re not a McRae fan, fair enough !

I think McRae did something right in the final set up of the Skoda when he got his chance, or was that also down to something/someone else ?

I think at the moment there are only 2 cars that can win a WRC event; C4 and Focus.
I can´t see McRae driving either, so you could well be right, that he won´t win a rally.

Tomi
8th August 2007, 15:26
Ok Tomi, you´re not a McRae fan, fair enough !

Lol, that's not the point, I dont want Mäkinen, Kankkunen or Sainz either, because I dont think they either are competitive anymore, why whining to get past time drivers back, that's something I have never really understood.

Schurke
8th August 2007, 16:08
I think people would want to have these "past time" drivers back cause the championship at the moment is boring. I know I certainly would.

I was at Germany last year and there was no real "buzz" around the service park, there are no characters I won´t to go and support anymore (IMHO).

I compare this to Germany 2001 where the service park was full and you could not get near the Ford service area, probably due to the popularity of the drivers they had in McRae and Sainz.

The sport is becoming so clinical now, hopefully it won´t end up like F1 where the best car wins, no matter who´s driving it.

Colin may not win rallys anymore, but he would make me get off my couch and want to go out and see/support rally again.

Tomi
8th August 2007, 16:16
I know what you mean yes, same was in 1000 Lakes a few years back when Alen did drive a 1 out, at the Ford press then nobody was interested in Colin or Carlos because the great Alen was present there, Alen did not make the cometition better on the stages anyway in my opinion.

amberie
8th August 2007, 20:38
If Suzuki's spending millions to develop the car, they shouldn't half-*** by not signing Colin for a couple million more. Sorry to say this, but they can make a forgettable entry by signing a former juniors driver, or they can make the fans scream their heads off by signing McRae.

His outing in Turkey with the Xsara wasn't successful because 1) there's more mud than anything and 2) only Loeb knew the car well enough to push it to its absolute limit despite its age.

Since the SX4 is basically a blank slate, perhaps Suzuki could build it around Colin, like the Xsara was built for Seb. But we can't know if it's capable of winning until we see it in action. That means Colin might have to stay for a couple of years until the car is developed enough for victory. I'm cool with that.

I wish I'd known about this on Friday--I could've asked him in person. But he's said that if he doesn't get a WRC drive in 2008, he's not going to look for one anymore. So we'd all better cross our fingers that he does!

Spud
9th August 2007, 06:01
I'm sure he enjoys going sideways through a forest, that is the problem. You can't drive these modern cars like that if you want to be quick. They have to be driven neat and tidy, like on rails. That's why the WRC is relatively unexciting nowadays.

Cant argue with you there Andy...but I agree that he wouldnt necessarily have to win anything.....just show up and drive like the devil!!!!

GigiGalliNo1
9th August 2007, 06:34
I wish I'd known about this on Friday--I could've asked him in person. But he's said that if he doesn't get a WRC drive in 2008, he's not going to look for one anymore. So we'd all better cross our fingers that he does!

Isn't that what he's said soo many times... and we've never seen him back but keep hearing he will be? Im not saying I don't want him back, it would be great, and yes good idea to build the Suzi around Colin like the Xsara with Loeb :)

gerrycrossey
10th August 2007, 13:56
I think that having colin competing in the WRC can only be a good thing. Yes if he were to go to suzuki then he would generate a massive amount of interest, when he competed in a 6r4 on the donegal international last year he pulled as big a crowd than Loeb did this year in the works C4! And his talent was and is undisputed, on that occasion he was within seconds of the latest WR machinery driven by drivers that could use them. And last point for those people here who have mentions that McRae is over the hill at 39, are ye forgetting that Carlos Sainz came out of retirement to cover for Duval when he was 43 and finished 3rd and 4th!!

bt52b
11th August 2007, 01:18
I think that having colin competing in the WRC can only be a good thing. Yes if he were to go to suzuki then he would generate a massive amount of interest, when he competed in a 6r4 on the donegal international last year he pulled as big a crowd than Loeb did this year in the works C4! And his talent was and is undisputed, on that occasion he was within seconds of the latest WR machinery driven by drivers that could use them. And last point for those people here who have mentions that McRae is over the hill at 39, are ye forgetting that Carlos Sainz came out of retirement to cover for Duval when he was 43 and finished 3rd and 4th!!

Wasn't so long ago he almost finished second in OZ in a Skoda. Last year Citreon/Kronos screwed him round a bit and he never got any proper seat time.

Koz
11th August 2007, 04:43
Wasn't so long ago he almost finished second in OZ in a Skoda. Last year Citreon/Kronos screwed him round a bit and he never got any proper seat time.

I hate when people bring that up.
Sure it would have been a good perfromance... Marcus - retired; Solberg - retired; Loeb - retired....
Did he win a single stage?
Nearly finished second? Didnt a certian Mr. Rovenpera overtake him?

Now dont get me wrong, I'm a McRae fan... But judging one performance when there was no "real" oposition left is unfair. Its like saying, WRC 2006 was the closest title fight in recent time, when Loeb was out for 4 rallies. Did Marcus even have a chance when Loeb was there to even get with 25 points of him??
Lets stick to reality.

Sainz on the other hand did face real oposition, Marcus, Petter, Markko...
Just think about it...

noel157
11th August 2007, 08:13
Sure it would have been a good perfromance... Marcus - retired; Solberg - retired; Loeb - retired....

Now dont get me wrong, I'm a McRae fan... But judging one performance when there was no "real" oposition left is unfair. Its like saying, WRC 2006 was the closest title fight in recent time, when Loeb was out for 4 rallies. Did Marcus even have a chance when Loeb was there to even get with 25 points of him??
Lets stick to reality.

Sainz on the other hand did face real oposition, Marcus, Petter, Markko...
Just think about it...

One minor detail missing from your arguement - Fabia.

grugsticles
11th August 2007, 09:56
Actually, from memory McRae never finished the rally (Aus 2005).
He was sitting in 2nd behind Duval at the last service. Some knob jockey decided to do a gear box change even though it wasnt required. McRae didnt even know about it, so it cant have been hampering performance to badly.

Anyway, the change went wrong - clutch issues if I remember rightly. Service took way to long, and Skoda then retired the car.

Rovanpera then moved into 2nd place.

This was the one and only WRC event Ive been to, so it sticks in my mind.

Josti
11th August 2007, 14:11

Lets stick to reality.

It was a good performance. I think he had like 5 or 6 works WRCars behind him, when he retired. Not many (or none) can say that in a Fabia. Every other car is opposition for a Fabia WRC!

Koz
12th August 2007, 00:36
Rovanpera then moved into 2nd place.

Rovenpera moved ahead of McRea before the service.

It was a good performance. I think he had like 5 or 6 works WRCars behind him, when he retired. Not many (or none) can say that in a Fabia. Every other car is opposition for a Fabia WRC!

Fords had a penalty.
Atkinson had problems.

Now if we add, Gronholm, Loeb and Petter, Colin is in 6th. Had the Fabia never come into 6th before?
How long was the penalty for the Fords, wasnt it 1:30?? Wouldnt both Fords have been ahead of him on the first two days? And also they werent allowed to push were they?

I just dont think that Australia 05 can be a basis for us to judge Colin.
I would like to see him in the Suzuki, it would be great for everyone, but most importantly it would be great for the WRC.
Althought I would like to see Gardimaster and Duval too in Corsica!! :D

grugsticles
12th August 2007, 01:28
Rovenpera moved ahead of McRea before the service.

I stand corrected :) :s mokin:

duff
12th August 2007, 02:01
Now if we add, Gronholm, Loeb and Petter, Colin is in 6th. Had the Fabia never come into 6th before?
How long was the penalty for the Fords, wasnt it 1:30?? Wouldnt both Fords have been ahead of him on the first two days? And also they werent allowed to push were they?

Sure, but the point of his performance in that rally was the consistent speed of his stage times in a difficult rally, that certainly didn't suit the Fabia (I'm not sure which rally does!). If you look at his times in compared to the big boys on the first day they were still highly compettive (2nd on ss4). Yes I know he started down the field and the road was swept- but his times were still good on the second pass and he was still in a fabia!
And Rovanpera did move ahead of him before the last stages, but shouldn't he have been ahead in a car (Mitsubishi) that at the time was much much more competative than the Fabia?

RS
12th August 2007, 09:09
Re: Colin in the Fabia, it is said that before Rally GB that year at Skoda's test in Scotland Colin wanted a stiff set up for the rear anti roll bar but that it kept breaking (like it did when Toni G wanted the same) However, Colin and Skoda's suspension supplier Reiger came up with a solution which worked but then Colin fell out with Skoda's chief engineer Dietmar Metrich because Metrich wanted Colin to run Armin's setup. Metrich then left the test, then we had the final service shennanigans in Australia.

Colin was for sure helped by the attrition rate in Australia, but his performance was more than that. His times were good too on only his 2nd event in the car and just one test.

However, I fear it really now may be too late. I didn't realise Colin was 39 already and he hasn't driven a WRCar for a year now.

If time could be reversed my wish would be that Skoda would have signed Colin and Duval for 2006 (2 proper drivers) sacked Metrich and Muehelmeier and brought in Josef Kopecky to manage the team. Jan Kopecky proved last year to be more competitive and score more points than all the works drivers put together did in 2005, even with a smaller programme and private team.

Tomi
12th August 2007, 09:24
I still think the best preformance by the Fabia is Paasonens 6th place in 1000 lakes, all the top guys was still in the game and he did beat his teammates by minutes.

TMorel
12th August 2007, 10:13
The fact that Colin McRae "Dirt" has been recently released on the XBox / PS3 etc shows that he's still the public face of rallying - and he's not even in the bloody championship any more.
If they can translate that into people going into the showroom then I'm sure Suzuki will be more than happy.

A.F.F.
12th August 2007, 16:33
I still think the best preformance by the Fabia is Paasonens 6th place in 1000 lakes, all the top guys was still in the game and he did beat his teammates by minutes.

Good start Tomi :D :up:

But add more hype ;)