PDA

View Full Version : Best/worst circuit on the calendar?

ShiftingGears
2nd August 2007, 13:06
Phillip Island - Fast, flowing, and has character, and three dimensional corners.
Mugello - Also a flowing circuit. Very enjoyable to watch on TV

Worst circuit -
Losail - Unbelievably bad, boring eyesore.
Motegi - None of the challenge that Suzuka offers, and quite bland also. Sooner they get back to Suzuka the better.

tha_jackal
2nd August 2007, 13:37
Suzuka? You mean the death trap?

ShiftingGears
2nd August 2007, 14:13
Tragic accident yes, but throwing him on a stretcher was a dumb, dumb decision. Had that happened at any circuit where the rider sustained neck injuries and that response was taken I guess many would call them death traps as well. Point is, I believe in rider safety, but I don't think you get proper racing or passion when you butcher the aesthetics and challenge of circuits in the name of safety. I hate seeing tracks neutered or abandoned for lesser tracks in the name of safety, and I hate seeing people die at racetracks. But the racers know the risks, and race because they're passionate about racing.

ChrisS
2nd August 2007, 15:47
Suzuka wasn't a safe track but it was in the MotoGP calendar because it was Suzuka, after Kato's death the safety issues with the track could no longer be played down.

Corny
2nd August 2007, 17:54
best, think Mugello.. not only because the track itself

worst, ah too much.. think Misano will not be superb, and Qatar is very bad indeed

jonny hurlock
2nd August 2007, 20:02
best tracks: assen, sachingring, donnington (minus the last part of the track) phillip island and mugello

worst tracks: Qatar

fatman
2nd August 2007, 20:27
best track = Mugello

worst track = Laguna

I love Mugello because it always seems to produce great races, I saw my first (and only) live race there, and it's a blast to race the track in video games.

While Laguna has the corkscrew I vote it as one of the worst tracks because the races there are always boring with everyone spread out. It's still an okay track to watch individual riders but boring for races.

patnicholls
2nd August 2007, 23:44
Best - Mugello, PI, Catalunya, Istanbul, Sachsenring (I've had howls of derision for mentioning that one in the past, mainly from Matt). Brands in WSB, Monza obviously, Brno as well from both series. Assen before they butchered it.

Bad 'uns - Losail (no atmosphere), Le Mans isn't great, Shanghai (too big and soulless)

tha_jackal
3rd August 2007, 03:12
Good: I think Qatar is a great layout, just the fact that no one actually attends the event sort of kills it (as Pat mentioned.) I liked Phakisa in South Africa that used to be run back in the early 2000's? .. You cant beat Phillip Island for a 'riders track,' turn one must take some real balls to commit to, after some of the crashes we've seen take place there :eek: ...

Bad: Tight and twisty tracks without any real flow, theres lots of them that are accepted just because theyre in Spain... or Portugal :D Oh and the F1 designed tracks like Sepang, Motegi, Shanghai, theyre all pretty average as far as bikes are concerned..

maxu05
3rd August 2007, 03:35
I really don't dislike any circuit. Every race is good to me. I think all the circuits have their own character. Perhaps the Tilke tracks can be a little bland, but the riders make up for that. My favourite tracks would be Phillip Island and Mugello.

ChrisS
3rd August 2007, 09:46
Oh and the F1 designed tracks like Sepang, Motegi, Shanghai, theyre all pretty average as far as bikes are concerned..

They are also average as far as cars are concerned. computer generated Tilke tracks with no natural flow

Wim_Impreza
3rd August 2007, 09:58
Best tracks: Philip Island (I am supporting Australian riders, circuit is good), Mugello (always nice races, much overtaking), Donington (I love mostly of the British circuits), Assen (not so great as in the past but even good for me)

Worst tracks: Losail, Sepang (I dislike Tilke and F1 circuits)

T-D
5th August 2007, 05:19
china and motegi are the worst tracks by a country mile.

however turkey, philip island, sachsenring and mugello are truly sublime.