PDA

View Full Version : Rally New Zealand entrylist

harriswrc
2nd August 2007, 09:04
68 cars there, 14 wrcars (Aava is present with the Lancer!), 22 PWRC competitors (Mason substitutes Sohlberg on SYMS Impreza) and also Alister Mcrae goes there with a Lancer.
http://www.rallynz.org.nz/images/stories/2007_rnz_entry_list_numerical.pdf

MikeD
2nd August 2007, 10:36
A good chance for Wilson or the Munchi boys to score a point or two.

14 WRC cars? That's 4 more than last year. A nice increase...

Tom206wrc
2nd August 2007, 13:08
Pitty there aren't S2000 cars on entry in GrN whereas in Australia championship there are Corollas/Auris and Fiestas... :mark:

TheDogBox
2nd August 2007, 13:18
Pitty there aren't S2000 cars on entry in GrN whereas in Australia championship there are Corollas/Auris and Fiestas... :mark:

The S2000 Fiestas are still finding their feet at the moment. The Corolla, on the other hand, is really competitive with the GrpN Subarus.

GlenW
2nd August 2007, 13:27
The S2000 Fiestas are still finding their feet at the moment. The Corolla, on the other hand, is really competitive with the GrpN Subarus.

As far as I am aware neither the Fiesta or Corolla has completed regional homologation yet.

TheDogBox
2nd August 2007, 23:45
As far as I am aware neither the Fiesta or Corolla has completed regional homologation yet.

Yep, I think you're right. :) The Sth African S2000 (previous model) Corollas have been internationally homologated, but not the Bates-built cars.

This is a little off-topic, but I found this on the CAMS web site:

The Australian Rally Commission (ARCom) has moved to ensure that S2000 rally car eligibility regulations will place Australian rallying at the forefront of development in the new category.

S2000 is an FIA international formula for naturally aspirated, 2 litre, 4WD vehicles and will play a dominant role in championships and series around the world and here in Australia.

The FIA Production World Rally Championship will cater for S2000 in 2007 and there will be an FIA approved series, the Intercontinental Rally Challenge. Australia’s own national championship will permit the participation of S2000 vehicles.

While proposed S2000 vehicles need to be homologated internationally under strict guidelines, Australia has been instrumental in negotiating a set of procedures for FIA Regional Homologation which are expected to be formalised during 2007.

In the interim period, ARCom will allow proposed S2000 cars to compete in the Australian Rally Championship under local recognition criteria.

The local regulations will be identical to the FIA rules in technical requirements but will differ in areas such as numbers of vehicle kits which need to be produced, considering our much smaller market.

The CAMS recognition will facilitate any manufacturer entering a proposed S2000 in the Australian Rally Championship prior to obtaining either full homologation or regional homologation.

S2000 is designed to allow performance parity with the current Group N rally cars and CAMS will adopt the international recommendations as they arise to ensure such parity is maintained on vehicles recognised locally.