PDA

View Full Version : We're having a Bash Bash!

Rollo
21st December 2006, 04:17
A friend of mine has bought a house which he intends to start knocking down in the week between Christmas and New Year, so that he can rebuild. To commemerate this, we're holding a Bash Bash.

What you need for a Bash Bash isn't complicated:
Something to Bash
Something to Bash with
and some Bashers.

But seeing as we're only allowed to spend $5 on something to bash with... what could I get from a hardware store to do the most damage with, assuming we're only got $5 (£2 or US$3.92)?

Captain VXR
21st December 2006, 09:51
Used angle grinder from e-gay if there is one for £2

Hazell B
21st December 2006, 20:05
Angle grinders are for pussies.

Sledgehammer, but not too heavy, is what you want. Everyone should have one. In fact, I'm a firm believer that everyone should have assorted sledgehammers. They're brilliant :up:

However, five dollars is a tight limit. Crowbars are good for breaking stuff (often teeth, so go easy on the beers :p :) and large rusty spanners (shipbuilding or tractor ones) from junk shops can do some damage in the right hands - with the advantage of being about 50p here, so you could get ten!

For the delicate work, I strong recommend a nice three pound stonemason's hammer with a sharp chipping edge. They can slice bread, knock down chimmney stacks (like mine did last week) and have the advantage of looking more scarey than a normal hammer.

Enjoy :D

Drew
21st December 2006, 21:57
If Jeremy Clarkson managed to find a Volvo for £1, i'm sure £2 won't trouble you :p :

Hazell B
22nd December 2006, 19:11
He didn't, his researcher mentioned the BBC and got one that would have been in an auction for £100 or so.

But now you mention it, a Volvo would be great for bash bashes :D

Captain VXR
22nd December 2006, 19:31
Angle grinders are for pussies.

Tell that to Jezza (Clarkson) then :p as he likes to use them on crap cars.

Hazell B
22nd December 2006, 19:44
I would, but he's too frightened to come within fifty yards of me :D

CarlMetro
23rd December 2006, 03:51
For a couple of quid your local lumber yard should be able to furnish you with a substantial lump of knckered old 4"x4" which, given a decent technique, will take apart most things ;)

Captain VXR
23rd December 2006, 08:50
Knick some fags, tell a group of chavs to smash the house up and give them the fags. All for £0

Ian McC
23rd December 2006, 21:09
e-gay

Heh?

Is that where you hang out? :p :

Rollo
23rd December 2006, 23:33
In the end I found a combination crowbar/wood splitter for $4.95. I must admit it was a fun party in the end, it's not very often that you can just walk up to a fixture and just whack it with something.

The wrecking ball and bobcat arrive something this morning, so I'm afraid that this old house's time is just about up.

Drew
23rd December 2006, 23:59
Will there be pictures and videos? :p :

harvick#1
24th December 2006, 00:05
If Jeremy Clarkson managed to find a Volvo for £1, i'm sure £2 won't trouble you :p :

just drive the volvo through the house, if it can go through a brick wall at 40 MPH and still continue, why not through a house

Drew
24th December 2006, 00:37
just drive the volvo through the house, if it can go through a brick wall at 40 MPH and still continue, why not through a house

Well, I would be worried about things such as the plumbing, electricity and the fact that the roof might fall in on you :p :

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 12:54
Well, I would be worried about things such as the plumbing, electricity and the fact that the roof might fall in on you :p :

Just use TNT.
Or this:
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/violent058.gif
Smiley = house

Hazell B
24th December 2006, 20:51
TNT, again, is for pussies.

Big sack of nitrogen fertilizer, few pints of diesel and an alarm clock with hands is all you need to flatten a house. Recipes are my speciality, just don't tell the Yanks ;)

Captain VXR
24th December 2006, 21:47
Big sack of nitrogen fertilizer, few pints of diesel and an alarm clock with hands is all you need to flatten a house. Recipes are my speciality, just don't tell the Yanks ;)

HELLO ALL AMERICANS, READ THE QUOTE http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/taunt002.gif

jso1985
25th December 2006, 01:02
If there's one thing I learnt from commies here is that a Molotov cocktail should do the work, plus it's very cheap to do one

RaikkonenRules
25th December 2006, 01:58
just don't tell the Yanks ;)

Putting that in your post defeats the object of not telling them :p :

RaikkonenRules
25th December 2006, 02:00
If there's one thing I learnt from commies here is that a Molotov cocktail should do the work, plus it's very cheap to do one

So if I hear of any molov cocktail bombs going off in Sucre I can assume it was you :laugh:

Captain VXR
25th December 2006, 09:43
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Molotov cocktails
Amen to the commies for inventing them :up:

Hazell B
25th December 2006, 15:41
It was a bloke called Sergi Molotov, though I may have spelled him wrong.

Always meant to try one, but never have :mark:

RaikkonenRules
25th December 2006, 20:00
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Molotov cocktails
Amen to the commies for inventing them :up:

Uh oh potentail terrorist alert :laugh:

Captain VXR
25th December 2006, 22:20
I Hate Blair
I Hate Blair
I Hate Blair

jso1985
26th December 2006, 22:46
So if I hear of any molov cocktail bombs going off in Sucre I can assume it was you :laugh:

oj! don't call me a commie! :hmph: if you do it one more time I might me forced to use some of my cocktails somewhere in the UK ;)