PDA

View Full Version : Petersen/White Lightning to Race F430

grassrootsracer
21st December 2006, 02:42
http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2215&Itemid=2

I cannot wait to see the action in GT2 next season.

Farnbacher/Loles 2 Porsche 911 GT3
Flying Lizard Motorsports 2 Porsche 911 GT3
Multimatic Motorsports 2 Panoz Esperante GTLM
Petersen/White Lightning Racing 1 Ferrari F430 GT (maybe 2?)
Risi Competizione 2 Ferrari F430 GT

Unfortunately, BMW is essentially pulling out of all North American sports car racing, so we probably won't see Team PTG running their M3's. And we all know about the Lexus program tanking.

harvick#1
21st December 2006, 04:10
Alfa Romeo is also intending to run a GT2 program, looks like a Panoz, but don't think they will becoming to the states in 08, only in LMS and LM

grassrootsracer
21st December 2006, 04:29
Is that with the new 8C Competizione? It'll be a pity if not raced in the ALMS, as Alfa Romeo is supposed to be reopening to the American market and this would serve as an excellent marketing tool. (And I honestly want to see that car up close).

Subaru WRX
21st December 2006, 04:48
Petersen/White Lightning Racing with a Ferrari 430 GTC, thats surprising, about PTG there are rumors that they will run the works Panoz in 2007, if it is true, it means that Multimatic will be dropped from its factory supported status

harvick#1
21st December 2006, 05:06
Is that with the new 8C Competizione? It'll be a pity if not raced in the ALMS, as Alfa Romeo is supposed to be reopening to the American market and this would serve as an excellent marketing tool. (And I honestly want to see that car up close).

I believe so far only for 08 they will run in LMS and LM, but they may start up a 2 car operation in 09