PDA

View Full Version : August Rookie Training

racing59
30th July 2007, 22:03
For those interested - there is a Rookie Training day planned for a week Saturday.

There will be Spotter Training available too. Cost for that will be £50 if enough come along.

There are four prospective Rookies lined up. Maybe more!!

There is still interest in the series from drivers, from all areas of the sport too.

PM Duane for more info - or to book in for training.

Rob.

Henry Cutts
30th July 2007, 22:16
That’s good news, now I just need a licence (and money)

Duane
30th July 2007, 22:23
cost for Spotter training should be between £50 and £100 depending on numbers.

plenty going on right now, a rookie test on a saturday is perfect for us with hopefully some general testing as well.

Duane

racing59
30th July 2007, 23:03
That's Saturday 11th for those who didn't know when "a week on Saturday" was.

Apologies to our Newbury subscriber.... (he he!)

And yes, get enough along, and Spotter training will be as cheap as a night out on the beer with Tractor Boy (you're buying for him).

Chigley
30th July 2007, 23:09
You've got a date, and you're not driving, ...... I'm fussy about my chauffeur's! ;)

Stuart26
31st July 2007, 18:40
If i am out driving and make a 35 mile detour could i come and take a look, or is it to be behind closed doors and no public.

Cheers
Stuart

racing59
31st July 2007, 21:41
It's not billed as a "public entertainment", people have come along to watch before. It's often an empty track though.

There will be a V8 test session or two running during the day as well.

It looks like I won't be there as my car won't be ready thanks to me being busy with work, which take priority.

Rob.

Sticker Rub
31st July 2007, 21:55
...thanks to me being busy with work, which take priority.

What??!! Get your priorities right Rob! ;)

racing59
1st August 2007, 07:05
Yes, earning the money that pays for this very bad habit!!

LessThanSte
1st August 2007, 13:40
Rob, il drive it if you like? :)

racing59
1st August 2007, 20:31
please pass your bank account details now (for hoovering)

Reynard
1st August 2007, 21:46
Yes, earning the money that pays for this very bad habit!!

Umm, I can think of many worse habits than taking a V8 for a whizz around the Rock... :cheese:

racing59
1st August 2007, 23:18
Taking it for 35 (plus warmup laps)(x2) whizzes around the Rock!!

truckmonster
2nd August 2007, 20:54
any names of new drivers doing their rookie training?????

car20
3rd August 2007, 18:17
Small question, Did steve hobday decide against coming out of retirement??

racing59
3rd August 2007, 21:42
As far as I know, Steve had some issues with excessive water in his area which focussed his attention recently.

A return to the Rock has not been ruled out. As usual, it's down to Pounds, Shillings, and Pence.

Rob.

SteveA
4th August 2007, 00:42
As usual, it's down to Pounds, Shillings, and Pence.

"Can't you see, it all makes Perfect Sense (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBHSAlSDq60)...."

car20
5th August 2007, 11:10
Is eric cowley-booker going to have another go?
if anyone deserves to pass it is him, if he does i'll send him a card with a tenner in it?

racing59
5th August 2007, 20:17
When I had a word with Eric at the last meeting, his plans were to buy a car first, and then get sorted. I think his ideas is to try and get his head around it all before going out again.

So, if you fancy doing your spotter's training - you never know, you may be employed by a team next season, or sooner!!

turn 4 mad
5th August 2007, 21:10
hope the weather is as good as today, we had the #99 car at the rock for the tvr 60th anniversary, giving out some flyers and doing some track demo with the #99's best driver!!!
and have i got sun burn-more like an advert for the ribina face!

Chigley
5th August 2007, 22:58
doing some track demo with the #99's best driver!!!

I won't tell them if you £20 into the Marshals Fund, the avoidance of the embarrassment has got to be worth at least that !!! :D :D :D

turn 4 mad
5th August 2007, 23:49
I won't tell them if you £20 into the Marshals Fund, the avoidance of the embarrassment has got to be worth at least that !!! :D :D :D

ah, now i know who you are!

racing59
6th August 2007, 07:38
Is this an auction for some juicy information?

Chigley
6th August 2007, 09:48
It could be, depends on the #99 car ;) :)

turn 4 mad
6th August 2007, 12:31
It could be, depends on the #99 car ;) :)

i do believe thats black mail! ha ha
dont think kevs seen this yet!

Chigley
6th August 2007, 13:00
[quote="turn 4 mad"]i do believe thats black mail! ha ha
dont think kevs seen this yet![/QUO

That's a harsh word ;) merely weighing up whether the information is worthy of public disclosure. :D :D :D

Jordygirl
6th August 2007, 14:20
AND there is an independent and unbias witness, who can verify the information !! ;)

turn 4 mad
6th August 2007, 17:37
AND there is an independent and unbias witness, who can verify the information !! ;)

ohhhhh, you bad people.

Duane
7th August 2007, 21:55
ok guy's as of now there will be no rookie tests this weekend, although we had 5 possibles only one of them confirmed and with the track being required for pick up and V8 testing as it has been decided to try and have a final rookie test day before the final meeting.

However Sonny is running Spotter training for those who would like to try thier hand, cost is £100 + vat, Carl boardley and Shane have guy's taking part, please PM me if you fancy a go, not sure if there is a maximum, i will check !!!!

Duane

Duane
9th August 2007, 19:28
and now the V8's and pick ups will not even be testing on saturday, no fault of the V8s, Sonny or the BRSCC.
The spotter training is still due to take place, fingers crossed

Duane

MGH
9th August 2007, 19:52
ok guy's as of now there will be no rookie tests this weekend, although we had 5 possibles only one of them confirmed and with the track being required for pick up and V8 testing as it has been decided to try and have a final rookie test day before the final meeting.

However Sonny is running Spotter training for those who would like to try thier hand, cost is £100 + vat, Carl boardley and Shane have guy's taking part, please PM me if you fancy a go, not sure if there is a maximum, i will check !!!!

Duane

I take it there will be no more new V8 drivers out this year then?

turn 4 mad
9th August 2007, 20:09
and now the V8's and pick ups will not even be testing on saturday, no fault of the V8s, Sonny or the BRSCC.
The spotter training is still due to take place, fingers crossed

Duane

1. how come no one tells us things before arrangements are made?
2. how do you do rookie training without cars on track?
3. why and whos fault is it?
4. excellent weather as well-may be they need rain?
5. am i the only one cheesed off?
6. ignore the 5 above.

Duane
10th August 2007, 06:43
NO your not the only one cheesed off !!!!