PDA

View Full Version : WSBK Brands Hatch

Corny
30th July 2007, 18:16
What Monaco is for Formula 1, Brands Hatch is for WSBK, roll on some f**king good races I would say :D !

I'm sure championship leader Toseland will finally want a win here, sure he's got the bike and talent to do it..
Biaggi will struggle I think, a new (and probably difficult) circuit will not suit him.. Don't think he'll make it to the podium.
I think this is the circuit where Haga got the most SBK victories, isn't it? That says enough, Haga will be on fire..
Bayliss will slam back, just like last year after Brno's difficult races

Race 1:
1 Toseland
2 Haga
3 Bayliss

Race 2:
1 Bayliss
2 Haga
3 Toseland

What do the weather forecasts say?

Wim_Impreza
30th July 2007, 18:53
It is always great to see the Superbikes at the Brands Hatch circuit.

My predictions for race 1:
1 Haga
2 Toseland
3 Bayliss

Race 2:
1 Toseland
2 Haga
3 Kagayama

The weather forecast says mostly sunny weather, no chance of rain, 22-24 degrees.

T-D
30th July 2007, 20:26
brits, how far out of london is brands? i'm thinking of planning a motorcyle racing world tour and would like to include a visit to brands.

on topic, my favorite track on the calendar. BY FAR

race 1:
corser
haga
jt

rce 2:
jt
bayliss
kagas

patnicholls
31st July 2007, 00:37
brits, how far out of london is brands? i'm thinking of planning a motorcyle racing world tour and would like to include a visit to brands.

on topic, my favorite track on the calendar. BY FAR

It's about 20 miles from central London, obviously London's a massive sprawl so that distance isn't absolute. Brands is South East from London. It's 35 miles from Gatwick Airport which is south of London, or about 60 miles from Heathrow which is west of London (according to Google Earth, this is). Last year I got from London to the station closest to Brands in less than an hour, although there was a 4-mile walk from there to the circuit. Even so, it's not too bad, and well worth the trip.

Yep, my favourite track too - although unfortunately this year I prob can't make it as have a double birthday party this coming weekend and juggling Brands and the party is unlikely to work. Gutted. (the party was the weekend before last year)

tha_jackal
31st July 2007, 02:03
Ok, predictions.. JT needs a strong showing to get back in Honda's good books after his 8-hour disaster (crashing on one of his first laps out, not smart in an endurance event) .. Bayliss will be hungry after his shocking weekend at Brno and Dean Ellison, at his home race.. will probably continue to battle for last and second last place :D :laugh:

Superpole: Corser

Race 1:
1. Bayliss
2. Xaus
3. Corser

Race 2:
1. Haga
2. Bayliss
3. Xaus

WSS:
1. Jones
2. Brookes
3. Sofuoglu

JT to throw it down the road in at least one race, due to the immense pressure he'll be under from Mr HRC to get a result :p That'll spice the championship up a bit.. ;)

T-D
1st August 2007, 02:44
It's about 20 miles from central London, obviously London's a massive sprawl so that distance isn't absolute. Brands is South East from London. It's 35 miles from Gatwick Airport which is south of London, or about 60 miles from Heathrow which is west of London (according to Google Earth, this is). Last year I got from London to the station closest to Brands in less than an hour, although there was a 4-mile walk from there to the circuit. Even so, it's not too bad, and well worth the trip.

Yep, my favourite track too - although unfortunately this year I prob can't make it as have a double birthday party this coming weekend and juggling Brands and the party is unlikely to work. Gutted. (the party was the weekend before last year)thanks, pat. :up:

3rd August 2007, 06:26
Am still hoping Nori will win the championship this year so here's my picks.

Race 1:
Haga
Bayliss
Toseland
Race 2:
Haga
Toseland
Bayliss

Nori for pole. :s mokin:

The Phantom
3rd August 2007, 08:30
Am still hoping Nori will win the championship this year so here's my picks.

I'm hoping Nori will help me win the Forum Fantasy championship! :p

Race 1
1. Haga
2. Toseland
3. Bayliss

Race 2
1. Bayliss
2. Toseland
3. Biaggi

Superpole - Corser

WSS

1 - Sofouglo
2 - Parkes
3 - Brookes

ChrisS
3rd August 2007, 08:39
Superbike
superpole:Corser

Race 1
Haga
Toseland
Corser

Race 2
Toseland
Haga
Bayliss

Supersport
Pole: Sofuoglu

Race
Sofuoglu
Parkes
Hill

Roby44
4th August 2007, 11:35
Round ten: Brands Hatch, UK
Qualifying report one

Toseland on top at Brands Hatch

HANNspree Ten Kate Honda's James Toseland started his final home round of the 2007 World Superbike Championship on top form today. The British rider secured the fastest lap of the day during the first qualifying session to secure provisional pole position for Sunday's race. Team-mate Roberto Rolfo ended the day as the ninth fastest rider.

Toseland was consistently fast during the morning practice, beating his own best lap four times in quick succession. The official afternoon qualifying saw nine different riders in the top position on the timesheet, but it was Toseland who dominated the session. The current series leader claimed the fastest lap more times than any other rider to end with a final best time of 1'26.400.

Team-mate Roberto Rolfo focused on getting to grips with the undulating Brands Hatch circuit during today's sessions. The Italian rider is pleased with the progress made to the set-up of his CBR1000RR and will aiming to improve his lap time in the final qualifying tomorrow.

Ronald ten Kate, Team Manager:

"It's been a very positive start to the weekend for us. As with all tracks, being consistently fast is the key factor around here and James has shown that he is capable of this. It's always nice for him to have the support of his home crowd, so a big thank you to them for the extra motivation. We hope he can continue in the same way tomorrow and get a good result for the team and his fans on Sunday. Roby has improved his lap times compared to last year - we hope that tomorrow we'll see him improve even further to aim for at least the second row."

James Toseland:

"Today has been a great start to the weekend and I don't just mean the weather! I feel quite fresh, despite my trip to Japan last week. The team have worked brilliantly together to find the best setting. I am quickest today in qualifying and I'm really gunning for my first double win at Brands this weekend."

Roberto Rolfo:

"I have really enjoyed today because Brands Hatch is a great track to ride. I have improved on last year's times, although it is not so easy to find the best line to be quick around here. I found a good feeling almost immediately on the bike - it is very powerful and it makes riding at Brands a lot of fun. This afternoon I wanted to try for a fast lap at the end of the session, but I was not so good on the last part of the track and I lost some time. In general, we have done some good work and I just need to find some more confidence for the race."

Qualifying times:

1 J. Toseland 1'26.400
2 T. Bayliss 1'26.625
3 T. Corser 1'26.746
4 R. Xaus 1'26.815
5 L. Lanzi 1'27.268
6 N Haga 1'27.351
7 F. Nieto 1'27.507
8 Y. Kagayama 1'27.544
9 R. Rolfo 1'27.763
10 M. Fabrizio 1'27.823

Roby44
4th August 2007, 11:38
I'm tipping that Roby Rolfo is up there in the top 5 again this round!! ;)

Troy Bayliss willpull out all stops to get back on the podium too, especially after coming last in the remote control bike race!!

Roby44
4th August 2007, 11:38
Brands Hatch win for JT!

James Toseland secured his first victory of the weekend at Brands Hatch yesterday as he took part in a remote control motorcycle race against Max Biaggi, Noriyuki Haga and Troy Bayliss. The four riders went head-to-head on the Brands Hatch cart track, which is a mini replica of the Kent race circuit.

Each rider's bike was decorated in the livery of their respective teams and the event came complete with a miniature podium, champagne and trophy. At the end of the one-lap dash, Toseland clinched the race win, followed by Haga in second and Biaggi in third place. Fingers crossed that this is a sign of things to come!

www.jamestoseland.com (http://www.jamestoseland.com/)

http://jamestoseland.com/jamestoseland/images/uploaded/070803JTpodium.jpg

ChrisS
4th August 2007, 12:12
any ideas what bikes they were using? I was looking for an R1 RC bike

Roby44
5th August 2007, 05:15
Eurosport - Sat, 04 Aug 17:01:00 2007
Troy Bayliss spoiled James Toseland's qualifying party at Brands Hatch by taking pole position for the latest rounds of the World Superbike Championship.
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20070804/16/3229410245.jpg
Championship leader Toseland, the penultimate man to take to the track during Superpole, had wowed his patriotic British crowd by going fastest in 1:25.635.
But Bayliss, who said earlier in the week that he wanted to crash the 26-year-old Ten Kate Honda rider's party, did just that by lapping 0.028 seconds faster on his Ducati.
"I had to work bloody hard for that," Bayliss said. "I was quite surprised I wasn' as fast as last year.
"I knew it was possible to beat him when I saw his time and that's exactly what happened."
Toseland looked physically drained afterwards but warned the Australian that he would come back fighting in both of Sunday's races.
"I wanted pole badly," Toseland told Eurosport. "I'd be lying if I said I wasnt disappointed. I've had my best qualifying ever here, but I wanted pole.
"Fair play to Troy. He said he wanted to spoil the party and he has today. Wait till tomorrow though. I'll be there."
Noriyuki Haga improved by four places on his regular qualifying pace on his Motor Italia Yamaha to line up third while fourth went to his Japanese countryman Yukio Kagayama on the best of the Alstare Suzukis.
Haga's team-mate Troy Corser set the fastest time in the first split, but lost time in the final sector and ended up fifth. He complained afterwards that he got the set-up wrong.
Max Biaggi improved from 12th to sixth on his second Alstare bike with a smooth ride while losers in the session were Ruben Xaus and Lorenzo Lanzi, dropping to seventh and eighth on their Sterilgada and works Ducatis.
Toseland's team-mate Roberto Rolfo and fellow Italian Michel Fabrizio on a DFX Honda completed the top ten while Steve Martin equalled his season's best on his series return on a YZF Yamaha.
British duo Marty Nutt and Dean Ellison both failed to make it into Superpole, ending up 18th and 19th on the grid.

Roby44
5th August 2007, 05:16
Sat 04 Aug, 07:09 PM

James Toseland's dreams of a winning send-off at Brands Hatch were put on ice after reigning World Superbike champion Troy Bayliss produced a perfect last-minute lap to claim pole position for Sunday's races.
The 38-year-old Australian edged out Toseland by just under three-tenths of a second on his Xerox Ducati 999 in a dramatic superpole session and topped the timings with his lap of one minute 25.607 seconds.
HANNspree Ten Kate Honda rider Toseland - who heads the standings by 43 points ahead of Sunday's 10th round - is desperate to secure a first win at Brands this weekend after announcing on Wednesday that he will ride in Moto GP next season with Yamaha and thought he had done enough with his lap of 1:25.635.
He said: "It was an okay lap but round here it's so risky to put it right on the line and the last thing I wanted to do was crash out.
"I knew I'd been consistently fast all weekend on race settings so as long as I was on the front row I'd be happy.
"Obviously I wanted pole in front of my home crowd but Troy and I have been swapping fastest times since Friday.
"He pipped me today but hopefully I'll turn the tables tomorrow and finally get a win here."
Toseland's nearest title challenger Max Biaggi is making his Brands Hatch debut this weekend but will start in a creditable sixth place after initially struggling to adapt to the undulating circuit.
The 36-year-old was just 12th-quickest going into superpole but showed all his experience to move up the grid aboard the Alstare Suzuki GSXR-1000 with a lap of 1:26.200.
And Bayliss believes that the five-times world 250cc champion could yet prove a strong threat to the top two.
He said: "Max has done amazingly well to come here first time up and be competitive.
"It's a difficult track to master and you normally have to learn the hard way but he hasn't crashed once and will be there tomorrow for sure."
Japanese duo Noriyuki Haga and Yukio Kagayama complete the front row while Haga's Yamaha Italia team-mate Troy Corser rounds out the top five.
Earlier, Bayliss showed his pedigree in the second qualifying session by topping the time sheets with a lap of 1:26.207.
Fellow Australian Corser was under two-tenths of a second slower in second while Toseland - who topped the leaderboard for the majority of the session - was forced back to third after he posted a best lap of 1:26.753.
Irish wildcard Marty Nutt will start from 18th on the grid on his Nuttravel.com Yamaha YZF-R1 after surprisingly qualifying one place ahead of series regular Dean Ellison who could only manage a lap of 1:29.030 on his Pedercini Ducati 999.

Roby44
5th August 2007, 05:19
James Toseland will start the final UK round of the Superbike World Championship from the front row after securing the second fastest lap in today's Superpole session. The HANNspree Ten Kate Honda rider secured provisional pole in scorching conditions with a lap time of 1'25.635, but he was knocked off the top spot by Australian Troy Bayliss.
The Brit had hoped to secure pole for his final home race of the season. However, he is now more determined than ever to achieve two race wins tomorrow. Double victory has so far eluded the HANNspree Ten Kate Honda rider this season, but he has high hopes of finally achieving his aim in front of a forecast record home crowd.
Team-mate Roberto Rolfo heads up row three in ninth position after setting a lap time of 1'26.717. The Italian rider is working hard to find the optimum set-up for the HANNspree Ten Kate Honda at the Kent circuit.
Both riders are determined to improve on their performances in tomorrow's two 25-lap races. Toseland will officially start the day for visitors with a rendition of the national anthem from the Director's Terrace at 10.10am.
Ronald ten Kate, Team Manager:
"We always aim for the front row and pole position would have been a nice bonus. We are happy with the progress James has made so far, we seem to have found some consistency and we are more or less ready to race. It would have been nice to have seen Roby on the second row. We know that he has the ability to be consistently fast, he just needs to be closer to the front at the beginning of the race."
James Toseland:
"To be honest I am gutted to not have taken pole position. I put everything into that lap and the weekend's been going really well. I am disappointed, but I have a good package and I don't intend to be beaten."
Roberto Rolfo:
"I am unhappy with my Superpole lap because there is one corner that I am still struggling to get to grips with. I was hoping that I would be able to improve today. I was okay during the first section of the track but I lost time during sector two. I then made a mistake in the final part and couldn't get a good lap time. My aim for Superpole was to get into the second row so I am disappointed, but we will work hard in the morning to improve before the race."
Superpole:
1 T. Bayliss 1'25.607
2 J. Toseland 1'25.635
3 N. Haga 1'25.878
4 Y. Kagayama 1'25.961
5 T. Corser 1'26.127
6 M. Biaggi 1'26.200
7 R. Xaus 1'26.488
8 L. Lanzi 1'26.717
9 R. Rolfo 1'26.946
10 M. Fabrizio 1'27.206

Roby44
5th August 2007, 05:20
For all the girls..

JT has promised to get his leathers off if he wins tonight!!! :s mokin:

maxu05
5th August 2007, 09:55
I am not able to watch the race (no broadcast here in China), but, can anybody tell me if I can listen to it on the radio live ? It would be better than nothing.

The Phantom
5th August 2007, 10:06
Roby44, thank you for posting so much info as the practise/qualifying progressed - I really appreciate it! :)

ChrisS
5th August 2007, 10:42
I am not able to watch the race (no broadcast here in China), but, can anybody tell me if I can listen to it on the radio live ? It would be better than nothing.

I dont know if there is any free radio coverage over the net. you can pay and watch the races live or listen to live coverage at http://www.worldsbk.tv ,also torrents of the eurosport coverage of the races usually appear online a few hours after the races

Roby44, I appreciate you posting info but you just copy/paste from other websites, you could just post links to the news articles or at least give credit to the source.

Roby44
5th August 2007, 10:44
Roby44, thank you for posting so much info as the practise/qualifying progressed - I really appreciate it! :)

You are very welcome :)

Some sources were

YRC_news@yamaha-network.com

http://www.jamestoseland.com/

Euro sports

And friends in the right places!!

Roby44
5th August 2007, 10:53
Roby44, I appreciate you posting info but you just copy/paste from other websites, you could just post links to the news articles or at least give credit to the source.

Like this???

http://www.trymysport.co.uk/sports_news/ten_kate_racing_news/ten_kate_racing_news_index.htm

Eurosport - Sat, 04 Aug 17:01:00 2007

http://www.jamestoseland.com/

YRC_news@yamaha-network.com

ChrisS
5th August 2007, 10:54
I dont know if there is any free radio coverage over the net. you can pay and watch the races live or listen to live coverage at http://www.worldsbk.tv ,also torrents of the eurosport coverage of the races usually appear online a few hours after the races

I looked at their website and it turns out Australasia doesnt get live video coverage, just live radio coverage.

maxu05
5th August 2007, 14:25
I looked at their website and it turns out Australasia doesnt get live video coverage, just live radio coverage.

Thanks mate. Perhaps if they started broadcasting in the Australasian region, they may get more intest. It surprises me that the Suzuka 8 hr gets so much attention, but the WSBK gets F.....all, considering we have the current champ fighting to retain his title, as well as other Aussies and Japanese riders at the front of the field, yet you can't watch the bloody thing. No wonder that it can't compete with the F1 audience. ATTENTION WSBK, if you want a sales/marketing person to lift your profile, send me a PM. I will be on the next flight, and raise the profile of WSBK in the Asian region 10 fold. Go on, what have you got to lose.

ChrisS
5th August 2007, 15:14
JT won race one with Corser second and Biaggi third

Xaus was fourth, Fabrizio fifth and Rolfo sixth, Haga ran off the track on lap 18 while 2nd but was able to rejoin and finished 7th

Bayliss crashed from 3rd on lap 4 and Kagayama crashed from 4th on lap 23

Biaggi who raced at Brands for the first time described the circuit as "much more difficult than Laguna Seca"

ChrisS
5th August 2007, 15:30
Sofuoglu has won the 2007 World Supersport Championship with three races still to run by finishing 2nd

Broc Parkes won the race and Roccoli finished 3rd ahead of Harms, Tommy Hill was 5th and Foret 6th.

Craig Jones crashed while leading on lap five, and poleman Charpentier had to start from the pits and finished fifteenth

ChrisS
5th August 2007, 16:59
JT won race 2 taking his first double victory in style in front of his home fans

JT fought for most of the race with Haga and Corser who went on to finish 3nd and 3rd

Fabrizio was 4th, Kagayama 5th, Xaus 6th and Bayliss 7th.
Max Biaggi was given a ride-through penalty for jump start and dropped back to 16th but he fought back to finish 8th

JT now has 355 points and is 66 points clear of Haga and 69 of Biaggi, Bayliss is 97 points behind in 4th. There are 6 more races and 150 points up for grabs

Corny
5th August 2007, 18:55
not too spectaculair races, but they were good to watch.. What a circuit uh?
James Toseland: World Superbike Champion 2007..

The Phantom
6th August 2007, 04:20
Congratulations to JT, who absolutely deserved to take the double, and commiserations to TB.

I missed the end of race 2, did he get his gear off? lol

seppefan
6th August 2007, 17:00
Congratulations to JT, who absolutely deserved to take the double, and commiserations to TB.

I missed the end of race 2, did he get his gear off? lol

Yes!

Roby44
6th August 2007, 22:42
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/MareeBrooks/toss.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/MareeBrooks/james.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/MareeBrooks/JTnaked.jpg

tha_jackal
7th August 2007, 01:35
Wait a minute.. Why is the last pic from 2006? :confused:

Roby44
7th August 2007, 08:27
Opps!! :dozey: :dozey: **

"cos I had them all together and forgot to take it out!! :dozey: And besides it's not a bad photo!!

He is a bit of a serial "stripper" isn't he?? :eek:

** Blonde roots must need a touch up!! :dozey:

leopard
8th August 2007, 04:57
just noticed that he is hot :laugh: :D

btw great job Xaus :D

Roby44
8th August 2007, 08:49
just noticed that he is hot :laugh: :D

I guess he would be rather hot after all that racing!! :eek: :eek: :laugh:

Sorry...I just couldn't letthat pass.

leopard