PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout a big Hoo Ha! for my man, Johnny Paul Montana?!

Jag_Warrior
29th July 2007, 23:15
Yeeeeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!

Great drive, amigo!

:up: :bounce: :up:

Lee Roy
29th July 2007, 23:22
A great drive for Montoya. Ran up front all day.

I was hoping that Stewart and Harvick would mix it up there at the last just long enough for Montoya to get into the fray.

DonnieDarco
30th July 2007, 00:37
Excellent news, I'm a very happy bunny :D Clearly, it went much better for him than I hoped ;)

muggle not
30th July 2007, 00:56
This was the best race that he drove all year including his road track win. The other races this year though were only "middlin" as far as his driving.

Jonesi
30th July 2007, 01:09
This was the best race that he drove all year including his road track win. The other races this year though were only "middlin" as far as his driving.

Of particiular note is that the Dodges clearly have a aero problem in traffic that the Chevys don't (and Fords are even worse). Even though he didn't lead a lap, he was in the lead group the whole race.

Alexamateo
30th July 2007, 02:59
A great drive for Montoya. Ran up front all day.

I was hoping that Stewart and Harvick would mix it up there at the last just long enough for Montoya to get into the fray.

I was thinking for a moment they might wreck each other out, and give the win to JPM, but no it was good clean racing. :)

blakebeatty
30th July 2007, 04:45
Did they interview Harvick after the race? I didn't see it. I wonder what his comments on Stewart were?

race aficionado
30th July 2007, 12:34
It was so cool seeing him in the mix during the whole race.
I think the farthest back he went was like 11th and he was always quick to pass cars cleanly to get to the top 5 again.
It's nice to see that menacing red car with the big star hovering to the front.
Our man Juan is getting there - like we, his fans, know he is going to do.

Vamos Juan!

:s mokin:

ShiftingGears
30th July 2007, 12:52
Woah, Juan did good! I'll have to get me some NASCAR coverage one of these days :p :

e2mtt
30th July 2007, 15:48
Since it does seem that the Chevy aero is a lot better then Dodge & Ford right now... the COT should help Juan.

(Problem is, it also seems like those same winning Chevy teams have figured out the COT better then the Ford & Dodge boys too)

Good to see Juan up front, even better to see him still running his own unique lines.

Alexamateo
30th July 2007, 17:43
It was so cool seeing him in the mix during the whole race.
I think the farthest back he went was like 11th and he was always quick to pass cars cleanly to get to the top 5 again.
It's nice to see that menacing red car with the big star hovering to the front.
Our man Juan is getting there - like we, his fans, know he is going to do.

Vamos Juan!

:s mokin:So Race, Who is Dale Berraco? :p : :erm:

Just Kidding! I understand dale, but berraco? My three year old throws berrinches, but I don't know berraco. Are you trying to teach us some Colombian slang? :D

Chandler
30th July 2007, 17:47
Bah. I'm definitely not on the Moncraphead bandwagon.

Call me whatever you want, I don't respect the guy. Sure, Smoke will wreck people to win, but not his own teammate.

race aficionado
30th July 2007, 17:53
So Race, Who is Dale Berraco? :p : :erm:

Just Kidding! I understand dale, but berraco? My three year old throws berrinches, but I don't know berraco. Are you trying to teach us some Colombian slang? :D

A berraco is a brave man with big appendages - in Juan's case. :p :

We use it in Colombia to say for example: if something is great you call it "la berraquera" if you did great, or they think you are great, the call you "berraco" (male) or "berraca" (female).

call_me_andrew
31st July 2007, 07:00
Call me whatever you want, I don't respect the guy. Sure, Smoke will wreck people to win, but not his own teammate.

My memory seems to be going bad. Who did he wreck at Daytona this month?

savage86
31st July 2007, 09:21
That wasnt Tony's fault it always has to be someone else :P

I think Montoya did very well, he was second fair and square. His passing was also the best in the field on sunday.
The thing is Monty's first win might not come for a while because Ganassi really cant seem to hookup the COT.

DonnieDarco
31st July 2007, 12:06
A berraco is a brave man with big appendages - in Juan's case. :p :

We use it in Colombia to say for example: if something is great you call it "la berraquera" if you did great, or they think you are great, the call you "berraco" (male) or "berraca" (female).

But............I thought those were cojones! ;) :D

Chandler
31st July 2007, 13:57
My memory seems to be going bad. Who did he wreck at Daytona this month?

He wrecked his teammate but correct my memory... was it on the last lap to win a race? Nope. Also, see Smoke's comments regarding he and Harvick tis past week. He said he wouldn't wreck anyone to win the Brickyard, and that tells me he wouldn't wreck ANYONE to win a race. Montoya did it to a TEAMMATE.

That shows no class.

Mark in Oshawa
31st July 2007, 15:49
Bah. I'm definitely not on the Moncraphead bandwagon.

come on Scott Pruett, quit calling yourself Chandler!!!

Get off it pal. First off, if wrecking one's teammate made one an outcast, Tony Stewart would have no friends. That isn't the case, despite his taking and not giving on occasion. That said, JPM made a huge mistake in Mexico, but I would hardly say he should be condemned for life for that. I will also point out that if the wrecker is clearly faster than the wreckee (as JPM was gaining huge on Pruett) , then maybe just getting out of the way is also an option that Pruett didn't want to consider, yet it is done in NASCAR all the time. When you are clearly the faster car, to be blocked by your own TEAMMATE is also not done. I think most saw what happened in Mexico as what happened between teammates, and you have to know there is more than one guy in the Cup garage that would have done the same.

Now, as for JPM's performance at Indy, I too think it is one of his best drives all year, and the way Montoya is progressing is not surprising. I stated when he first announced he was coming over it would take him a year or two to really feel comfortable, and his performance at Indy says to me he was in his zone. As time goes on, he will be a threat at more and more tracks. Dodge or no Dodge, he will be a factor....

race aficionado
31st July 2007, 17:28
But............I thought those were cojones! ;) :D

that is also correct DonnieDee.

I see that you're espaņol knowledge in cetain body parts is very bueno.
:p :

call_me_andrew
31st July 2007, 19:55
He wrecked his teammate but correct my memory... was it on the last lap to win a race? Nope.

That makes it better how?

DonnieDarco
31st July 2007, 20:21
that is also correct DonnieDee.

I see that you're espaņol knowledge in cetain body parts is very bueno.
:p :

I was going to say its moy bueno in fact, but now I'm not sure if moy means very, or if in fact its Spanish at all :D

But being a JPM fan means you come across words for certain body parts in different languages quite often ;) :D

call_me_andrew
31st July 2007, 20:31
I was going to say its moy bueno in fact, but now I'm not sure if moy means very, or if in fact its Spanish at all :D

It's spelt "muy", and it does mean "very".

DonnieDarco
31st July 2007, 22:47
Ok, in that case I was close! Thanks :D Muy Bueno :D

muggle not
1st August 2007, 00:38
JPM is a 32 year old experienced driver that many claim is world class. Kyle Busch is a 22 yr old driver with many years "less" total experience. Which of the 2 will collect the most Nascar wins in the next 5 years.

Erki
1st August 2007, 00:52
JPM is a 32 year old experienced driver that many claim is world class. Kyle Busch is a 22 yr old driver with many years "less" total experience. Which of the 2 will collect the most Nascar wins in the next 5 years.

I would put my money on Kyle...

BenRoethig
1st August 2007, 14:17
I would put my money on Kyle...

Not me.

IndianChiefJoy
1st August 2007, 15:29
Me, neither.

Great job for Juan. In nascar.com said that the Brickyard is arguably the toughest oval circuit in cup, and Montoya made it look effortless, like a walk in the park. Nice passing on Gordon, really mastered the place in his first visist in a stock car. At the same time, what a lap can change. Juan was called to pit and his front tyre blew in the pit lane, he lost some positions but managed to finish second. A lap later call for pit would have been a big wham crash, a lap earlier pit call might be a shot to fight for victory with "smoke".

rlenis
1st August 2007, 23:24
who the hell is Johnny Paul Montana. ???

rlenis
1st August 2007, 23:35
He wrecked his teammate but correct my memory... was it on the last lap to win a race? Nope. Also, see Smoke's comments regarding he and Harvick tis past week. He said he wouldn't wreck anyone to win the Brickyard, and that tells me he wouldn't wreck ANYONE to win a race. Montoya did it to a TEAMMATE.

That shows no class.

Dude, Juan did not spin Pruett on purpose. He did the same thing at the start of the race when he took the early lead the only difference this time was that Pruett knucklehead cut across the track and spun himself out, since he should have known Juan was going to be on the inside. You can clearly see smoke coming from JPM's tires since he slammed on the brakes to avoid the contact with Pruett. This clearly indicates that it was not intentional.
Pruett was a cry baby SOB who said that bull**** on TV immediately after the race. What a freaking liar.. "I would have let him by" ..my ass. he wanted that win as much as Juan. He has yet to win a cup race.

Galveston dunes
2nd August 2007, 05:36
Yes Indeed: Congrats to Mr. Montoya.
[I] injoyed watching the whole race "I didn't intend to move up into Keven". I guess thats about as close as an apology as we'll ever hear from him.
The race otherwise was great.the bump intentional or just over excitment being on his home track and all. I personally think he just
counted his KITTY's before they were caught.Sorry bout Jr though, At least he didn'y lose a spot to that Bush Guy.