PDA

View Full Version : WTCC Anderstorp

Steelrat
29th July 2007, 12:18
Excellent race by Rob Huff, moving from 3rd to 1st at the start and staying there. Superb race by James Thompson, starting from 10th and finishing 3rd with some good, solid manoeuvres. And well done the rest for staying on the circuit ....

P

Captain VXR
29th July 2007, 16:14
Rydell and Huff well done :)
All the chevvies got podium finishes congrats RML

VkmSpouge
29th July 2007, 16:28
Nice to see Rydell back even if it is just for a single race. Well down to Rob Huff for scoring a good victory too. RML are doing a wonderful job turning those Chevies into race winners. I can't see them winning the championship this year but next year they'll be on it.
Good result for the Volvo S60 of Robert Dahlgren too.

m0rk
29th July 2007, 18:31
Nice to see Rydell back even if it is just for a single race. Well down to Rob Huff for scoring a good victory too. RML are doing a wonderful job turning those Chevies into race winners. I can't see them winning the championship this year but next year they'll be on it.
Good result for the Volvo S60 of Robert Dahlgren too.

Definately a good result for Rob
Didn't know Chevy had extended their contract into 2008 though

Brown, Jon Brow
29th July 2007, 18:39
Why wasn't Menu or Larini allowed to win race 2 when they have a chance of the championship? Or is Rydell's Chevy from a different team?

ATF
29th July 2007, 19:54
No it's the same team - the way I read the review, Rydell was much quicker on the final lap because he was on slicks, that's why he overtook the other Chevys and pulled 1.6 secs clear by the end. I suppose it's because Chevy can't realistically win the title this year but it is strange he can take points from them. Not that I'm bothered, it's an amazing result!!

Les
29th July 2007, 22:04
Excellent win for Robert - so so pleased for him. That will be cush a relief for him to get a win. And very good for Chevy - 2 wins in two races and to come away with no damage.

But Rickard - what was he doing? Same team as Larini and Menu, no chance of the championship unlike the other 2, Larini was up for his first win and Rickard overtakes them and says its a win for Sweden (err how's about a win for Chevy).... and he wants a drive in the WTCC showing that sort of team play-manship?
I don't think so somehow

gm99
30th July 2007, 13:32
Seeing motorsports primarily as an individual sport and not a team sport, I much prefer Rydell's action to what Prémat did in the DTM race at Zandvoort yesterday, where he gave up his first win in favor of Tomzyk.

Heck, he might never drive a works Chevy again, but he won at Anderstorp in front of his home audience - that's something no-one can take away from him.

Caroline
30th July 2007, 15:41
Seeing motorsports primarily as an individual sport and not a team sport, I much prefer Rydell's action to what Prémat did in the DTM race at Zandvoort yesterday, where he gave up his first win in favor of Tomzyk.

I agree, although not holding station in the second race might be frowned upon, at least Rydell was racing and it was great to watch as he fought back against those with degrading tyres. As for the DTM, I think the crowd made their feelings known well at the podium. It was slightly cringeworthy to watch.

bt52b
3rd August 2007, 01:08
Eurosport's Martin Haven and RML's Ray Mallock were on Midweek Motorsport (http://www.0157.org) the other night.

Don't think the podcast is up yet.

bt52b
3rd August 2007, 16:40
Last five minutes of race two, has got to be of the best finishes ever, any catagory :)

ATF
3rd August 2007, 21:20
Not sure what Chevy thought of Rydell's actions, the team seemed pretty happy on the pit wall. Realistically, Larini isn't going to win the title...but I can understand his disappointment (Menu didn't seem too bothered)! It was an exciting (and somewhat unexpected) climax to the race though!

BeansBeansBeans
3rd August 2007, 21:52
Last five minutes of race two, has got to be of the best finishes ever, any catagory :)

Do you think Imola '82 was the best Grand Prix of all time?

BeansBeansBeans
3rd August 2007, 21:53
at least Rydell was racing.

Serious? He totally mugged Menu and Larini. They were just holding position. It was hardly racing.

SEATFreak
4th August 2007, 11:27
Serious? He totally mugged Menu and Larini. They were just holding position. It was hardly racing.

Quite agree. I think if it happened in the BTCC their would or could be something said.

I know RR was in his home race in what is a one-off but still, I think Menu and Larini could and perhaps should have been allowed to get more points in the Drivers Championship if they were allowed to be the drivers in the Chevy 1-2. Rickard winning may well have robbed them of that. As ATF says a Chevy driver ain't gonna win the title, but atleast get as many points as you can toward it.

LiamM
4th August 2007, 11:52
Which Chevy drivers were nominated to score points for the Manufacturers trophy? If it was Menu and Rydell, this could make more sense

Alfa Fan
4th August 2007, 12:30
You don't nominate, just the two best finishers for each make. Eg if it finished

BMW
SEAT
SEAT
BMW
BMW
Chevy
Chevy
SEAT
SEAT
SEAT
Alfa
Alfa

BMW would score 10 + 5 = 15 points
SEAT would score 8 + 6 = 14 points
Chevy would score 4 + 3 = 7 points
Alfa would score 2 + 1 = 3 points

Only the 2 best cars for each make are included, any others are ignored for the purpose of manufacturer points. Privateer cars also score manufacturer points if they're included in the top 2 for that make.

SEATFreak
4th August 2007, 12:30
Delete as appropriate.