PDA

View Full Version : Troy story

Mach24
28th July 2007, 06:39
Where to for Troy Corser the 1996 and 2005 World Superbike Champion?

Troy was dumped by Suzuki at the end of 06' in favour of Max Biaggi and then picked up by Yamaha at the expense of compatriot Andrew Pitt.

Corser has returned to the Troy of old, fast qualifier and fast starter followed by slipping back through the pack. Troy had tumultuous times with Aprillia and Foggy Petronas following his unceremonious departure from Ducati. There was also the miss adventure into GP's with Yamaha.

I believe it is time for Troy Corser an Australian and American Superbike Champion to hang up the Suomy and let his record remain as intact as it can be. Each future event will only tarnish a hot and cold career.

tha_jackal
28th July 2007, 10:42
Fast qualifier, fast starter, slipping back through the pack AND whinging and whining post race and blaming everything but himself for his results.. I agree, hangup the Shark TC.. Bayliss uses Suomy ;)

Corny
28th July 2007, 11:33
Corser to stop? Well, for sure he still got the quality of the world's best riders, but only if the bike is good enough..
but yes, I would stop in his place as well, his career can only go down now..

ChrisS
28th July 2007, 11:49
He is doing relatively OK IMHO with a bike that is a little behind than the rest.

the R1 has greatly improved this season but still needs work in the way it works with the tyres. Both the riders often have tyre problems and slip back through the pack, Corser seems to have more problems with it than Haga but I would hardly say that this season has tarnished his career.

Another reason that may make Corser look bad is that Haga is in great shape, probably the best shape of his career

T-D
28th July 2007, 19:45
no way corser should retire. i say fight until they drag you off the bike or tell you that you are done. go out like chili, is how he should do it.

Wim_Impreza
29th July 2007, 11:08
He is doing relatively OK IMHO with a bike that is a little behind than the rest.

the R1 has greatly improved this season but still needs work in the way it works with the tyres. Both the riders often have tyre problems and slip back through the pack, Corser seems to have more problems with it than Haga but I would hardly say that this season has tarnished his career.

Another reason that may make Corser look bad is that Haga is in great shape, probably the best shape of his career

I agree with you. Haga is in a very good form and he knows the Yamaha better, but I hope Corser can take some podium places and maybe a victory in the next races.

osg
29th July 2007, 12:01
Hmmmm.........05 title was by default, as Bayliss was in MotoGP ;) .

I agree with most, time to have a rest Troy, you've been outclassed this year. Comprehensively.

Mach24
29th July 2007, 14:09
I agree with you. Haga is in a very good form and he knows the Yamaha better, but I hope Corser can take some podium places and maybe a victory in the next races.

The first rider Corser needs to beat every time is Nori and he seldom does. If Nori-san can make the R1 sing Corser needs to do the same.

Corser is a fine rider and a two time World Champion, but he has been on the slide for some time now. Yes he could ride on as Frankie did and become somewhat a sideshow to the main event but I would prefer he walked out head held high.

WSBK need to ensure new talent is injected into the championship. A simple answer to producing better racing and a better WSBK would be to have two good riders on the factory supported teams (Rolfo & Lanzi - hint hint!).

The Phantom
30th July 2007, 07:41
Corser has a pedigree that Haga can only dream about - Australian SBK title, AMA title, two world titles, more Superpoles than you can shake a steering damper at - why aren't we suggesting that Haga should give it away? It's obvious who is the winningest rider at Yamaha right now. Corser's just having an off year. My only criticism of Corser is that he doesn't race at 100% when the bike isn't perfect, but that can be said of 90% of racers in any series.

leopard
30th July 2007, 08:50
Where to for Troy Corser the 1996 and 2005 World Superbike Champion?

Troy was dumped by Suzuki at the end of 06' in favour of Max Biaggi and then picked up by Yamaha at the expense of compatriot Andrew Pitt.

Corser has returned to the Troy of old, fast qualifier and fast starter followed by slipping back through the pack. Troy had tumultuous times with Aprillia and Foggy Petronas following his unceremonious departure from Ducati. There was also the miss adventure into GP's with Yamaha.

I believe it is time for Troy Corser an Australian and American Superbike Champion to hang up the Suomy and let his record remain as intact as it can be. Each future event will only tarnish a hot and cold career.
I think the wise choice there.

Talk about old rider, how safe Biaggi's seat at Suzuki Corona Alstare, He seems to be the older the hotter. This is now his first year there, where usually most riders have to make adjustment to the most races and the championship, and taking a turn for the better in the second year and afterwards.

ChrisS
30th July 2007, 13:16
Corser has a pedigree that Haga can only dream about - Australian SBK title, AMA title, two world titles, more Superpoles than you can shake a steering damper at - why aren't we suggesting that Haga should give it away? It's obvious who is the winningest rider at Yamaha right now. Corser's just having an off year. My only criticism of Corser is that he doesn't race at 100% when the bike isn't perfect, but that can be said of 90% of racers in any series.

Haga is no sloth either, suzuka 8 hour winner, JSB champion, has a GP500 podium finish and lost the 2000 SBK title because of unlucky circumstances

Interesting point about Haga, he was never outscored by a team mate in World SBK

NinjaMaster
30th July 2007, 14:47
I think Corser should be given one last year and bow out with Bayliss. Whilst he has been outpaced by Haga, he really hasn't had much luck at all. Also, I reckon a large part of Haga's competitiveness this year is due to Corser's development skills and also because Corser is fast and pushing Haga. He deserves one last crack.

T-D
30th July 2007, 16:37
wsbk has a lot of open seats in the coming year.

ten kate is expand to four bikes, which means that thre will be 2 perhaps 3 new riders.

i think yukio is done after this season. too many injuries.

lanzi's manager runs the team, so i guess he'll either stay or be demoted to a lesser ducati ride.

there are plenty of seats for the young riders, so i think corser deserves another shot on the yamaha r1. and, i for one, didn't think chili was a sideshow in his last seasons. i love dude's passion for his craft.

Mach24
31st July 2007, 12:41
i for one, didn't think chili was a sideshow in his last seasons. i love dude's passion for his craft.

PFC was a great ambassador for the sport. I saw Frankie on the streets at Phillip Island mingling with the crowd and being very generous with his time year after year.

As a serious racer he was well and truly done by the last year or two. I am not underestimating his considerable talent, just suggesting he left it a tad late in retiring.

NinjaMaster
31st July 2007, 14:00
PFC was a great ambassador for the sport. I saw Frankie on the streets at Phillip Island mingling with the crowd and being very generous with his time year after year.

As a serious racer he was well and truly done by the last year or two. I am not underestimating his considerable talent, just suggesting he left it a tad late in retiring.
Far better to retire too late than too early. That way there are no regrets. I think we as the public forget even sports heroes are human and too often decide when sportspeople should give it up (I include me in this) when it is up to the individual to decide when their time is up. I would reckon there would be nothing worse than giving it up and forever wondering what might have been and living in regret - and that can be attributed to life in general, not just sport. Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching, I don't mean to but we do only get to have one crack at this life. Better make the most of it then. :up: :)

ArmchairBikeFan
31st July 2007, 17:38
To be fair to Corser, he has had a few mechanical problems with the bike deciding to spew oil around the place. I'd give it a few more races before saying he's past it. Anyway, Corser has more right to a decent ride than guys like Lanzi and Fabrizio.

T-D
5th August 2007, 22:03
after that performance at brands i think troy has answered his critics.

The Phantom
6th August 2007, 05:22
after that performance at brands i think troy has answered his critics.

+1

Maybe he lurks here :p :

Mach24
12th August 2007, 10:16
Troy did put up a spirited ride.... Must be contract renegotiation time!