PDA

View Full Version : GT4cup racing,any good or crap??????

jslone
28th July 2007, 06:21
I was reading I think Car magazine at my bookstore and they had an article about the series,bascially being a production version of cars racing and the first race was at Silverstone.Am I wrong on this or right.

grassrootsracer
5th August 2007, 03:52
I haven't heard much about it, but it looks quite a bit like World Challenge (ALMS) and Koni Challenge (Rolex), both of which have some great racing in production-based cars.

Jeff Carter
7th August 2007, 13:15
I was reading I think Car magazine at my bookstore and they had an article about the series,bascially being a production version of cars racing and the first race was at Silverstone.Am I wrong on this or right.

You are right. Have a look at the official website here - http://www.gt4cup.com/

Races alongside the FIA GT and FIA GT3 Championships.

Jeff

wedge
7th August 2007, 14:24

Yes, I was there!

IIRC, the thrilling battle for the lead was between a Mustang and BMW Z4 Coupe which lasted the whole race!

ASCAR24/7/365.5
12th August 2007, 14:29
yep only 8 cars but one of the best races this year...in the future it will be great, although i hope it doesnt detract cars and owners from gt3. however it is setting up a good ladder in sportscar which is a good thing me thinks