PDA

View Full Version : New Cleland painting

GRAVETT
27th July 2007, 13:37
This a new painting i have just finished, this was commissioned by Cleland himself. Not the greatest photo ever but I thought you would like to see it. Its an acrylic on box canvas about 3 x 2.5 ft

LiamM
27th July 2007, 19:57
Wow, good work, how long did that take you?

Pedalpusher
27th July 2007, 21:34
Very nice. You're a talented guy Gravett. :up:

GRAVETT
27th July 2007, 23:26
Cheers, adding the hours up i reckon 72ish hours

Iain
28th July 2007, 00:42
Very good. :) The Esses at Donington Park?

GRAVETT
28th July 2007, 16:12
Thanks, yes indeed it is the esses at donny

tdb
28th July 2007, 18:16
Are prints available? or are your paintings just one offs?

we look after that car now, so have an interest.

GRAVETT
28th July 2007, 18:34
unfortunatly i don't produce prints from the btcc paintings as there is'nt a big enough market for them, so all my btcc paintings are always one offs. if your interested in having any done let me know.

dwracing23
28th July 2007, 20:19
Very talented guy! That is class, well done.

mikecapener
29th July 2007, 16:23
My favourite btcc car, great picture.

KILOHMUNNS
4th August 2007, 21:48
How much would a one off be?

GRAVETT
7th August 2007, 11:01
a one off similar to this would retail at £200

GRAVETT
7th August 2007, 17:23
off topic i know but here is another recent image of mine, this is finished in watercolour on heavywieght paper. i know its not btcc but its to give you all an idea of the styles i have in diffrent media.
hope ya like

Allyc85
7th August 2007, 18:23
awsome painting of one of my fav cars of the 90s :D

GRAVETT
9th August 2007, 10:14
I agree, other than the mighty RS500 I think this is my favourite BTCC car. i have just posted the picture to John, i'll let you know what he thinks.

Iain
9th August 2007, 16:00
My favourite too, although my favourite livery was the GM Card one of 1994, as that's when I first saw a BTCC race in the flesh. :)

GRAVETT
9th August 2007, 16:56
This is another one of my latest paintings of Martyn Bells BMW from 2006, this is to be sent to the team over the next week or so as there is a little bit of work to still be done.
Also I thought id take this time to tell you a little bit about myself and what I do.

My name is Oliver Taylor I'm 28 and have been working as a professional artist for the last 10 years now, I have supplied many teams and drivers with work most notible have been Murray Walker, Andy Rouse, Mark Blundel, the BBC, Prodrive and Ilmor. I started as a fan wanting something other than an autograph book to sign so I started doing sketches to get signed. It was patrick watts that gave me my first real thoughts of turning professional and from that first commission i was set, I mainly did work for the BTCC teams and drivers until 94 95 when I was approached by a leading motorsport merchandise store to produce work them and through the company I got involved first hand with the guys in F1. From then I have improved tenfold and got a good portfolio of clients.
I'm a motorsport fan through and through and count myself very lucky that I can earn money out of something that i love to do.
Thanks very much for your kind comments on my work, if you want to know anymore feel free to message me.
I am also a boxing artist too but I will not post those pieces here as its not really motorsport.

GRAVETT
1st September 2007, 05:57
John Loved the painting, will be talking at length with him about doing a piece of his lads clio.