PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Daniel
5th December 2006, 13:46
Just thought this was as good a time as any to post a suggestion thread because if Mark has to add anything or change anything in the future it'll probably break 10 other things :D

I'd like to ask that the current smilie system on the new forums be kept because it's simpler and will hopefully mean less smilie filled posts :p That and the fact that all the other Vbulletin forums I post on use the same smilies. But I'm not selfish or anything :p But I do honestly think it'll make for a "cleaner" looking forum.

Plus I reckon the :cool: smilie is rather cool.

Powered by Cosworth
5th December 2006, 14:12
These 'Default' Smilies actually suck, the old ones were king :D

Dave B
5th December 2006, 14:14
Where are the flags? ;) :p :

Daniel
5th December 2006, 14:16
These 'Default' Smilies actually suck, the old ones were king :D

To me they're better. A lot more cleaner and modern looking. The old ones seemed a bit tired to me tbh.

Daniel
5th December 2006, 14:20
Where are the flags? ;) :p :

Nowhere to be seen. But I hear we may have avatars soon! :eek:

Dave B
5th December 2006, 14:21
Ooooh I can do colours!

Hooray!

Mark
5th December 2006, 14:21
Avatars which look like flags, yes :p

Dave B
5th December 2006, 14:22
Small avatars would be no problem, but please let's keep the "no stupid massive flashing GIFS or Flash animations in the signature" rule which has served us so well :)

Daniel
5th December 2006, 14:22
Have you tried enabling the full WYSIWYG option in your profile? When you go that you no longer need to do the IMG code to post pictures. Just right flick and copy the picture and then past it into your post. Rather cool methinks :cool:

Dave B
5th December 2006, 14:23
Ooooh I can do colours!

Hooray!

Small avatars would be no problem, but please let's keep the "no stupid massive flashing GIFS or Flash animations in the signature" rule which has served us so well :)

Oooh - Multi-quotes! :D

Daniel
5th December 2006, 14:23

Did I forget to mention that? Silly me! :rolleyes:

Dave B
5th December 2006, 14:25
Daniel, I've just added to your reputation :p

Dave B
5th December 2006, 14:26
The "forum jump" dropdown doesn't display fully in IE7 or FF2, I'm guessing that's just a teething thing...

Daniel
5th December 2006, 14:35
Daniel, I've just added to your reputation :p

Yes. Now the forum will be full of threads where people post a news story or a picture or something and people reply simply with "+ rep"

:p

Daniel
5th December 2006, 14:35
The "forum jump" dropdown doesn't display fully in IE7 or FF2, I'm guessing that's just a teething thing...

+ rep

Doesn't work in Vista either. Damn Microsoft! :p

kabouter
5th December 2006, 15:42
I also added to your reputation Daniel (what came over me???). But what on earth is the purpose of that reputation thing?

Daniel
5th December 2006, 15:48
(what came over me???). But what on earth is the purpose of that reputation thing?

I don't want to know! :p

On the other forums I visit it is used by people to show if they don't like someone or don't like what the person is posting or vice versa. So for instance if I like the fact that you do lots of results and stuff for the forum I could give you + reputation. If you come on the forum and are simply rude to people and such things I can give you - rep. I suspect it will be mainly used for - reputation on this forum though as people aren't really familiar with the concept on this forum :)

kabouter
5th December 2006, 16:01
So for instance we'll get a match between Finnish and Belgian members to see who can give the others more negative reputation marks for saying negative/positive things about Duval? Sounds useful...