PDA

View Full Version : Provisional entrylist - Monte Carlo

MikeD
20th December 2006, 16:47
Bozian is missing :( but since no numbers are given to Stobart, it could be that Bozian will enter. (they should have number below those of Stobart)

The Munchi's Ford's are missing as well.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Monte-entry-list-confirmed---19-WRC-cars-~cid~4~id~141477.htm

Buzz Lightyear
20th December 2006, 16:51
1. Sebastien Loeb Citroen Total WRT C4 WRC M*
2. Daniel Sordo Citroen Total WRT C4 WRC M*
3. Marcus Gronholm BP Ford Focus RS WRC 06 M*
4. Mikko Hirvonen BP Ford Focus RS WRC 06 M*
5. Manfred Stohl OMV Kronos Citroen Xsara WRC M*
7. Petter Solberg Subaru WRT Impreza WRC 2006 M*
8. Chris Atkinson Subaru WRT Impreza WRC 2006 M*

Henning Solberg Stobart M-Sport Ford Focus WRC 06 M*
Jari-Matti Latvala Stobart M-Sport Ford Focus WRC 06 M*
Matthew Wilson Stobart M-Sport Ford Focus WRC 06 M
Khalid Al Qassimi MMSP Ltd Lancer WR05 M*
Toni Gardemeister MMSP Ltd Lancer WR05 M*

Francois Duval First Skoda Fabia WRC *
Jan Kopecky Czech RT-Skoda Kopecky Fabia WRC
Gareth MacHale Ford Focus WRC
Eamonn Boland Ford Focus WRC
Jean-Marie Cuoq Peugeot 307 WRC
Frederic Romeyer Peugeot 206 WRC
Philippe Roux Peugeot 307 WRC

it look fairly 'slim'. not much depth. Compare to 2000 MC

218. T. Mäkinen R. Mannisenmäki #1 Lancer (Carisma) Evo [UNKNOWN]
218. F. Loix S. Smeets #2 Lancer (Carisma) Evo [UNKNOWN]
6. R. Burns R. Reid #3 Impreza (22B) WRC [UNKNOWN]
6. J. Kankkunen J. Repo #4 Impreza (22B) WRC [UNKNOWN]
4. C. McRae N. Grist #5 Focus Racing WRC [UNKNOWN]
4. C. Sainz L. Moya #6 Focus Racing WRC [UNKNOWN]
232. D. Auriol D. Giraudet #7 Cordoba WRC [UNKNOWN]
232. T. Gardemeister P. Lukander #8 Cordoba WRC [UNKNOWN]
12. F. Delecour D. Grataloup #9 206 WRC [UNKNOWN]
12. G. Panizzi H. Panizzi #10 206 WRC [UNKNOWN]
10. A. Schwarz M. Hiemer #11 Octavia WRC [UNKNOWN]
10. L. Climent A. Romani #12 Octavia WRC [UNKNOWN]
219. G. Trelles J. del Buono #16 Lancer (Carisma) Evo [UNKNOWN]
12. M. Grönholm T. Rautiainen #17 206 WRC [UNKNOWN]
60. B. Thiry S. Prevot #18 Corolla WRC [UNKNOWN]
60. H. Lundgaard J. Anker #19 Corolla WRC [UNKNOWN]
60. O. Burri C. Hoffmann #20 Corolla WRC [UNKNOWN]
219. M. Stohl P. Müller #21 Lancer (Carisma) Evo [UNKNOWN]
219. U. Nittel D. Ruf #22 Lancer (Carisma) Evo [UNKNOWN]
219. G. Galli G. d'Amore #25 Lancer (Carisma) Evo V [UNKNOWN]
206. C. Robert L. Currat #43 106 [UNKNOWN]

Tom206wrc
20th December 2006, 17:03
Quite a slim entrylist overall :mark:

Barry_
20th December 2006, 17:09
thats wrc for ya

Tom206wrc
20th December 2006, 17:14
By the way, it's true that it's strange that neither Sobart nor Mitsubishi drivers has a number...!!!

alleskids
20th December 2006, 17:14
* > priority 1 driver
M > Manufacturer team so Al-Qasoimi/Gardemeisters is considerd as Mitsubishi MT2 ?!

LotusElise
20th December 2006, 17:22
20 drivers? Is that all? No P/JWRC contenders going?

MikeD
20th December 2006, 17:22
By the way, it's true that it's strange that neither Sobart nor Mitsubishi drivers has a number...!!!

I think it's because Bozian has the right to number 9 and 10. But if they don't enter then Stobart Ford will drive with 9 and 10.

Also note that M2 teams can score Manufacturers points even though they only enter 1 car (but the article says something else :)

And it also looks as if Mitsu is entered as an M2 team, but that meeans they have to drive the hole season with the "Lancer 05", right? (Jaanus?)

MikeD
20th December 2006, 17:25
20 drivers? Is that all? No P/JWRC contenders going?

No, there are some group N drivers as well.

Andreas Aigner Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX N4
Patrick Artru Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII N4
Jerome Aymard Mitsubishi Lancer Evo N4
Jean-Paul Ayme Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX N4
Miguel Baudouin Mitsubishi Lancer VII N4
Claude Carret Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX N4
Luc Dewinter Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX N4
Riccardo Errani Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX N4
Richard Frau Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX N4
Andrzej Mancin Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII N4
Pierre Marche Mitsubishi Lancer Evo N4
Chris Marti Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX N4
Frederic Sauvan Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX N4
Olivier Burri Subaru Impreza N4
Joan Font Subaru Impreza N4
Jerome Galpin Subaru Impreza N4
Alain Machard Subaru Impreza STi N4
Stephane Vouillon Subaru Impreza STi N4
Laurent Nicolas Subaru Impreza N4

Tom206wrc
20th December 2006, 17:37
I think it's because Bozian has the right to number 9 and 10. But if they don't enter then Stobart Ford will drive with 9 and 10.

Thanks...there's still hope Bozian would be there then :D

alleskids
20th December 2006, 17:42
5 Manfred Stohl (and 6 Daniel Carlsson) are higher placed drivers then the works Subbie team( a bit painfull) ,Henning Solberg's Expert team is integrated in the Stobart team (as expected),and Latvalla is not collecting extra point for Munchi's Ford MT2. and two S2000 cars: Flavio Castegnaro Peugeot 206 RC A7 Arnaud Monnet Peugeot 206 RC A7

RS
20th December 2006, 17:59
5 Manfred Stohl (and 6 Daniel Carlsson) are higher placed drivers then the works Subbie team( a bit painfull) ,Henning Solberg's Expert team is integrated in the Stobart team (as expected),and Latvalla is not collecting extra point for Munchi's Ford MT2. and two S2000 cars: Flavio Castegnaro Peugeot 206 RC A7 Arnaud Monnet Peugeot 206 RC A7

Those are 206s, not 207 S2000s.

I believe Solberg and Latvala will be the Stobart drivers nominated for points. Apparantly Wilson won't drive for manufacturers points this year, but Stobart will enter 3 cars instead.

Jarek Z
20th December 2006, 18:13
Just 49 crews?! And half of them are names that nobody even heard about...

Simmi
20th December 2006, 18:16
It is always the same story with the Monte. It's usually too early in the season to attract a lot of privateers, and it isnt part of either the JWRC or PWRC so it's numbers are bound to suffer.

Jaanus
20th December 2006, 18:33
And it also looks as if Mitsu is entered as an M2 team, but that meeans they have to drive the hole season with the "Lancer 05", right? (Jaanus?)

Yes that is right, they can not homologate new 2007 spec Lancer under current rules.
Only a manufacturer(M1) can make a new homologation according to the rules, so a private Mitsubishi team can not homologate a new version no matter if the enter as MT(formet M2) or not.
What Mitsu is hoping for is that the FIA will give them special exception and allow to homologate a new Lancer WRC07.

White Sauron
20th December 2006, 18:41
On Rally-Live.com there's a very good new table with transfers. Seems, Latvala will join Expert team, not Stobart! And that's great in my opinion!!!

http://rally.racing-live.com/wrc/en/drivers/transferts.shtml

Jarek Z
20th December 2006, 18:43
It is always the same story with the Monte. It's usually too early in the season to attract a lot of privateers (...)

You are partialy right, but take a look at the amount of privateers on the entry list for Jaenner Rallye in Austria. And it's even earlier than Monte...
http://www.iq-jaennerrallye.at/uploads/media/Nennliste_01.pdf

alleskids
20th December 2006, 18:46
Argentina's Luis Perez-Companc and Juan Pablo Raies (the Munchi's Ford World Rally Team) start their 10 rounds WRC campaign in Sweden. Latvalla and Gardemeister were planned to do extra rounds for the team and score extra points. But instead of that Gardemeister is in the Mitsubishi team and Latvalla is replacing Wilson in the Stobart team as number 2 point scoring driver.

User
20th December 2006, 19:02
No Munchi's Ford World Rally Team then in Monte or just two other drivers?

Tomi
20th December 2006, 19:22
On Rally-Live.com there's a very good new table with transfers. Seems, Latvala will join Expert team, not Stobart! And that's great in my opinion!!!

http://rally.racing-live.com/wrc/en/drivers/transferts.shtml

Maybe Stobart but with different sponsor.

White Sauron
20th December 2006, 19:25

Anyway. I just want good drivers (Jari-Matti and Henning) to compete in a different team then untalented Wilson.

Lousada
20th December 2006, 19:37
You can drop Duval of this list for sure. Source: his own website

Tom206wrc
20th December 2006, 19:46

Perhaps you never heard about a certain Jean-Marie Cuoq...but believe me, you should remember this name very soon !!! :p :

meverkko
20th December 2006, 19:51
According to rally-live.com transfers, other world leads Nordic countries (Finland, Norway and Sweden) by only one driver, 8-7.

Also, other manufacturers vs. Ford only 8-7. If Stobart finds another driver (which shouldn´t be too hard) it´s even!

Wish to see the 307`s back in action too.

Tomi
20th December 2006, 19:59
According to rally-live.com transfers, other world leads Nordic countries (Finland, Norway and Sweden) by only one driver, 8-7.

Also, other manufacturers vs. Ford only 8-7. If Stobart finds another driver (which shouldn´t be too hard) it´s even!

Wish to see the 307`s back in action too.

nice pics on your site .)

jso1985
20th December 2006, 20:05
The 19 WRC cars doesn't look bad at all IMO
now that this isn't a PWRC or JRC round sucks when it comes to see the very low amount of drivers in other cars

COD
20th December 2006, 22:22
Don't read too much into it. FIA is flexible, so there could still be Munchis M2 team, a stobart M2 and even a Whale M2. The M2 teams only have to compete in 10 events.

However the Mtsu case is interesting. They can not homologate a new car as a M2 team. Nor can they do that as private team. But if they confirma that they come back in 2008 as M1, they might be able to homologate something new in 2007, like Suzuki. So if this means they are coming back in 2008, then it is great news

A.F.F.
20th December 2006, 22:25
Perhaps you never heard about a certain Jean-Marie Cuoq...but believe me, you should remember this name very soon !!! :p :

Tell us about him.

meverkko
20th December 2006, 22:30

Actually, they both are M Sport teams, with different name sponsors.

The Expert Ford has "www.m-sport.co.uk" written on it´s rear spoiler...

ste898
20th December 2006, 23:02
I'm suprised at Hennings Expert sponsors being happy named as Stobart

Tom206wrc
20th December 2006, 23:02
Tell us about him.

Cuoq is double french gravel tarmac champion(2005 with the 206wrc and 2006 with his current whale)...

But he's also very fast on tarmac with 306 Maxi(two podiums among the big cars in french tarmac championship + numerous victories in other french rallies this year) with 206 WRC, and even with the whale(he won two tarmac events, Touquet and Cévennes, beating Vouilloz in the same car, nothing less) :D

Jean-Marie Cuoq isn't "young"(he's more than 50 years old) and 100% what you can call a "privateer", that means he pays his participations and cars with his own money(he's the boss of a factory that cuts wood in forest to make pieces of furniture and other things like that)...

What's interesting is that he never really ran against non french drivers in his career(except a few Belgians on french gravel) and even never ran outside of France, that' ll be his first international outing in Monte-Carlo(and some rumours say he's also aiming to take part to Mexico WRC 2007 next year, a real world first for him!!) ;)

But also he comes from Ardêche region in France, not far from the place where Rallye Monte-Carlo happens and used to drive local rallies there: that means some part of stage he could really know well and get a nice experience on a few of them !!! :D

A.F.F.
20th December 2006, 23:19
Ok, cheers Tom :up:

Let's see if he can tease the Big Boys on Monte roads :)

Tomi
20th December 2006, 23:23
Actually, they both are M Sport teams, with different name sponsors.

The Expert Ford has "www.m-sport.co.uk" written on it´s rear spoiler...

Yes i know.

GigiGalliNo1
21st December 2006, 02:05

Does he test drive for Mitsubishi? Or am I totally wrong?

Oh googled him. Nice colored 307 he has =)

padWRC
21st December 2006, 08:31
WRC cars in ΜΟΝΤΕ:

2005: 20
2006: 24
2007: 19

rus
21st December 2006, 08:58
You can drop Duval of this list for sure. Source: his own website

Apparently nobody cares... :bigcry:

Tom206wrc
21st December 2006, 09:57
Does he test drive for Mitsubishi? Or am I totally wrong?

Oh googled him. Nice colored 307 he has =)

I've never heard/read anywhere he was test driver for Mitsu :s

His only outing in a japanese car was in 2004 french gravel championship in a Subaru Impreza WRC from belgian First-Motorsport team ;)

Jarek Z
21st December 2006, 11:00

Of course I heard about Jean-Marie Cuoq! Thanks to your reports from French rallies in the European section of this forum :)
I also saw him many times in action on the DVDs from French championship.

What is the correct pronunciation of his last name? 'Kok', 'Kuk', anything else?

cosmicpanda
21st December 2006, 11:37
I'm looking forward to seeing the C4s.

Tom206wrc
21st December 2006, 11:43
What is the correct pronunciation of his last name? 'Kok', 'Kuk', anything else?

You can pronounce "Koo - Ok" :p :

MikeD
21st December 2006, 11:52
What is the correct pronunciation of his last name? 'Kok'?

Personally I would be sad if my sir name was pronaunced like that ;)

Once worked with a guy in the Netherlands called Dick Cok. That gave plenty of laughs in the UK office :D

jens
21st December 2006, 12:07
Don't know if it is the right place to ask this, but after seeing his name at the provisional entry list... (and despite that seems drop away from there anyway)

The downfall of Duval's career after his first win is just amazing. Has he any hope of coming back to the top level of rallying? :rolleyes:

Donney
21st December 2006, 12:24
The way things look I don't think he'll ever land a top drive unles IRC or S2000 become the new rally classes.

animrallye
21st December 2006, 14:19
Here's the second page !

Marc Amourette Citroen C2 R2 A6
Luca Betti Renault Clio A6
Fabiano Lo Fiego Citroen C2 A6
Lilian Vialle Renault Clio A6
Angelo Villa Fiat Punto A6
Alain Pellerey Citroen Saxo kit car A6
Martin Prokop Citroen C2 A6

Flavio Castegnaro Peugeot 206 RC A7
Arnaud Monnet Peugeot 206 RC A7
Daniel Holczer Renault Clio A7
Marc Dessi Renault Clio RS A7

Jarek Z
21st December 2006, 14:40
Once worked with a guy in the Netherlands called Dick Cok. That gave plenty of laughs in the UK office :D

Damn it! If I was him, I would sue my own parents! What were they thinking?! :D

Anyway, I hope Jean-Marie Cuoq will be more lucky than he was here:
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8223/dscn75111bw8qw.jpg

WRXedUSA
21st December 2006, 15:29
No Sarrazin.

If I'm missing something, let me know. Is his status at Subaru still the same?

J.Lindstroem
21st December 2006, 15:33
No Sarrazin.

If I'm missing something, let me know. Is his status at Subaru still the same?

He has been kicked out, he never met up to the expectations!

WRXedUSA
21st December 2006, 15:34
He has been kicked out, he never met up to the expectations!

I figured they would at least give him a shot on the BFG's in 2007.

Daniel
21st December 2006, 15:41
Don't know if it is the right place to ask this, but after seeing his name at the provisional entry list... (and despite that seems drop away from there anyway)

The downfall of Duval's career after his first win is just amazing. Has he any hope of coming back to the top level of rallying? :rolleyes:

You forget that Duval's first and last win was merely a gift. Duval didn't outpace everyone to win that rally. He was in the best car and best tyres and everyone fell by the wayside.

jens
21st December 2006, 16:08
You forget that Duval's first and last win was merely a gift. Duval didn't outpace everyone to win that rally. He was in the best car and best tyres and everyone fell by the wayside.

Nevertheless I think he is a very quick driver and deserves a seat in a factory team.

Daniel
21st December 2006, 16:09
You may think that but countless sponsors and team bosses seem to disagree. Maybe he will get lucky and get a seat with Suzuki

User
21st December 2006, 16:54
Well Daniel, how do you think Hirvonen got his first win? No Loeb, no Marcus, ... . In some way you are right, I would have rather seen him winning the Deutschland rally or something like that, after a fight with Loeb. The stupidest thing ever done by Duval was moving to Citroen.

Xsara-WRC
21st December 2006, 17:16
28 days to go....Monté Carlo '07 :s mokin:

MikeD
21st December 2006, 17:37
The numbers from FIA:
http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press...211206-01.html

Dammit - they have given Stobart no.9 and no.10. That means that Bozian will not enter 2007 as an M2 team

Tom206wrc
21st December 2006, 18:35
The numbers from FIA:
http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press...211206-01.html

Dammit - they have given Stobart no.9 and no.10. That means that Bozian will not enter 2007 as an M2 team

Hopefully that doesn't mean we won't see Bozian whales anymore in the championship(especially on the european events)... :mark:

Simmi
21st December 2006, 18:36
From the FIA document:

"Under the 2007 Sporting Regulations, the above competition numbers will not change throughout the Championship.
Provisions exist in the regulations for additional Manufacturer Teams to register until 12 March 2007. Points will only accrue after registration."

They could still pull something together and register for the later rallies according to the small print.

jacko
21st December 2006, 21:50
I figured they would at least give him a shot on the BFG's in 2007.

Me too, Chris Atkinson will be struggle on tarmac another year, don't count Subaru for the manufacturers title already. It's very sad to see so little Subaru's on the entry-list. Anybody news about Sarrazin? He was very good in his first year 2004 on Michelins :)

jacko
21st December 2006, 22:02

I think you forget that Duval set many best stage times (already back in 2002), it's obviously he has the talent, only the bad luck with only three manufacturers. The story behind Ford was the negotiation, Ford offered him a 4 year contract but on base that Ford could wipe Duval after each year (like Hirvonen has nowadays). Duval didn't appreciated that and went to Citroen where he could match the speed of Loeb but he lost the battle and the trust from Citroen. Only Subaru (but it looks like they could afford only one top driver) and Suzuki are the real options. He is a driver in the right car
good for fighting with the best.
I count him as the fourth fastest (complete) driver at the moment.

alleskids
21st December 2006, 22:17
Duval wil not start in Monte carlo, because the drive he is offered is for later in the year. Which only can mean, I think, that he is in for the Suzuki Swift WRC. Wil Suzuki have 1 or 2 WRCars in 2007 ?

DonJippo
21st December 2006, 22:34
Duval wil not start in Monte carlo, because the drive he is offered is for later in the year. Which only can mean, I think, that he is in for the Suzuki Swift WRC. Wil Suzuki have 1 or 2 WRCars in 2007 ?

Having an offer for later on the year does not necessarily mean Suzuki, remember Daniel Carlsson has only six rallies with Kronos and it's still possible to enter as MT team until March.

Vilkavainen
22nd December 2006, 08:56
Damn it! If I was him, I would sue my own parents! What were they thinking?! :D

Anyway, I hope Jean-Marie Cuoq will be more lucky than he was here:
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8223/dscn75111bw8qw.jpg

With which car is he taking part? With his whale?

jonkka
22nd December 2006, 09:40
The stupidest thing ever done by Duval was moving to Citroen.

No, stupidest thing Duval has done so far was his behavior at Citroen. Vain attempt to match Loeb coupled with mindless destruction of the cars and loss of valuable manufacturer points in the process. Not many team managers take that from 2nd drivers.

Tomi
22nd December 2006, 09:46
No, stupidest thing Duval has done so far was his behavior at Citroen. Vain attempt to match Loeb coupled with mindless destruction of the cars and loss of valuable manufacturer points in the process. Not many team managers take that from 2nd drivers.

exactly really stupid

Daniel
22nd December 2006, 10:06
Yes :up:

Trying to play big fish when you're only a small fish just makes you look like a dumb fish.

Tom206wrc
22nd December 2006, 11:46
With which car is he taking part? With his whale?

Of course !!! :D
With a whale you still have a better chance to cope with the best than with a Maxi Kit-car(regardless how very good is the 306 Maxi) !!! :laugh:

Rourebel
27th December 2006, 00:26
He could be a surprise for everybody at home. He knows all the stages, he has a good feeling with the 307, so if he gets some points it won' t be a surprise for me, beating Wilson should' t be too hard lol

Ranger
27th December 2006, 08:46
Any Red Bull entries? Or were their efforts just a one off?

animrallye
27th December 2006, 08:52
No more Red Bull in WRC.
Aigner, still supported by them, but in PWRC.

amberie
29th December 2006, 10:36
Anybody news about Sarrazin? He was very good in his first year 2004 on Michelins :)

I think it was hard for him this year to jump in a rally car only four times and be competitive. He was also rather distracted, I think, by competing elsewhere in the American Le Mans Series, and having a great season driving an Aston Martin. In fact, he was voted Rookie of the Year and won the GT1 class three times. The last race at Laguna Seca was incredible--he avoided a big crash with Seb-like reflexes, and held off two bullish Corvettes to win.
I'll really miss having Stephane in the WRC next year. But even if Subaru didn't reduce their fleet, he's having so much more success in the ALMS that I think it's smarter for him to pursue it. The season schedules conflict, so it's one or the other. Good luck to him, and maybe he'll return to rallying one day.

Simmi
29th December 2006, 14:22
I think Prodrive realised where he would be most useful to them and thats not in a rally car.