PDA

View Full Version : new here

jimmylad
25th July 2007, 15:59
hi everyone, hows things going, i am on here by the recommendation of andy b, says its really good on here. I am his motorsport obbessed mate who went with him 2 rockingham, and i have to say it was a bit dissapointing 2 not see the scsa cars in full flow. Hopefully the meeting on 19th august will be a little less wet. I am hoping 2 get a few people 2 go who have not been 2 a race before, cos i think it is one of the best 2 start off with in my opinion.
I also think anyd's idea that the scsa's should go 2 other cuirits is a good idea if they can go. Well that will do me 4 now, hope 2 speak 2 u all soon, c ya.

EarWig
25th July 2007, 16:05
Welcome jimmylad, good to have new fans on board!

Come down and see Duncan and Team Networking in August and we will see if we can get some pictures taken for you.

Don't forget to buy your tickets using one of the charity links here:
http://www.v8trophy.com/tickets.shtml

Regards
Ray

Dave17
25th July 2007, 16:09
Welcome jimmylad! always good to have "new blood" on the forum and I hope you enjoyed your visit to The Rock despite the curtailed V8 racing.
Just one thing, please refrain from "text talk" in posts, (it's against the rules ;) )

Jordygirl
25th July 2007, 16:18
;) Welcome from me as well. New members are made very at home. Let's hope the meeting in August has better weather for us, then your friends will be guaranteed a great day out. :wave:

deadsquirrel
25th July 2007, 16:40
talk" in posts, (it's against the rules ;) )
welcome indeed.
(and you'll wear out your 2 key too!) :-)

madphotog
25th July 2007, 18:34
Further to Earwigs reply, nice to know he is volunteering my services as a photographer again... thanks Ray, :) suppose you want Jimmylad with the car plus the pretty girls?

Welcome on board, come down and find Team Networking, say hello and we will see if we can get you in the car.

Cheers
:cool:

jimmylad
25th July 2007, 19:11
will do dave, will keep the text talk ouy and thanks 4 the offer earwig, will come and find u. anyone else going in august?

jimmylad
25th July 2007, 19:12
sorry about putting the text talk in will not happen again so used to doing it

racing59
25th July 2007, 19:36
Further to Earwigs reply, nice to know he is volunteering my services as a photographer again... thanks Ray, :) suppose you want Jimmylad with the car plus the pretty girls?

Welcome on board, come down and find Team Networking, say hello and we will see if we can get you in the car.

Cheers
:cool:

You're also welcome at Team Air Ambulance too!!

JovialJooles
25th July 2007, 20:10
Welcome to the forum Jimmy! :wave:

Reynard
25th July 2007, 21:52
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

hicksy
25th July 2007, 22:12
Hello, good evening, and welcome. :wave:

jimmylad
26th July 2007, 20:43
two offers wow, i'm going to be having a busy day when i next go to rockingham

R3ROK
26th July 2007, 21:55
Welcome Jimmylad. For the best view in the house I would recommend T4, then the Grandstand, then T1. This way round is recommended when the sun's out as I got my face and neck burnt in T4, all down my right side. Soooo Grandstand to cool down then T1 to toast the left side ;) Enjoy the forum, we are all quite mad most of the time, but there is a good bunch here. Tell all your friends and encourage them to pay Rockingham a visit. Catch you later
John

Speedworx
26th July 2007, 22:26
I'll be going in August. A mate of mine from Scotland is likely to come with me. Happy to meet up with you.

Tiesse
26th July 2007, 23:02
I'll be going in August. A mate of mine from Scotland is likely to come with me. Happy to meet up with you.

A bit of a busman's holiday isn't it? (a scotsman coming to Corby!)

Chigley
26th July 2007, 23:37
For the best view in the house

There's only one and that's on the gantry. :p :)

R3ROK
27th July 2007, 08:34
I forgot about that view...doh! And you had all that view to yourself on Sunday!! And what a great job you did if I may say so. I should have come over and said hello but you were just packing up for the day, so I didn't bother you.

I'm trying to make it my mission this season to try and meet up with some of the forum members....found Tiesse on Sunday albeit at the end of the day and had a quick chat...

John

deadsquirrel
27th July 2007, 10:32
I'm trying to make it my mission this season to try and meet up with some of the forum members....found Tiesse on Sunday albeit at the end of the day and had a quick chat...

John
well, catch Safety1, and you'll find me,PapaJuliet and Scubie. Race control has Nissan3. You'll have to be quick though ;)

Jordygirl
27th July 2007, 11:26
You'll find me lurking at Turn 4, probably with a silly hat on my head, under my comms. set. Come and say hi, but not during racing. Toooooo busy keeping an eye on the sometime wayward drivers :wave:

Dave17
27th July 2007, 18:15
I'm......EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Tiesse
27th July 2007, 20:29
I forgot about that view...doh! And you had all that view to yourself on Sunday!! And what a great job you did if I may say so. I should have come over and said hello but you were just packing up for the day, so I didn't bother you.

John

Shame it was when we were leaving. Maybe meet longer in August? I shall have my wife's car again then as the owners club will be there as part of the Ford RSOC event that is taking place for the August meeting.

We won't be there all day though, it is my neice's birthday party that day & I have to get Ryan back in time for that!

I did think that we should have a t shirt design knocked up & have our names printed on them so that there's no hiding!

PS The tyre has pride of place in the back garden now (Ryan wanted it in his bedroom at bedtime so that it was there when he woke up on Monday morning. When he did wake up, he dragged it downstairs with him! - who needs the PS2?!).

R3ROK
27th July 2007, 21:48
PS The tyre has pride of place in the back garden now (Ryan wanted it in his bedroom at bedtime so that it was there when he woke up on Monday morning. When he did wake up, he dragged it downstairs with him! - who needs the PS2?!).

Ha..Ha....My Adam has 2 of the SCSA tyres in the garage...they stink too much to have them in the house! He has also collected various other bits from the teams....soon be able to make a car up myself.... :)
Good idea about the Tshirts with the forum names on....I remember a thread a while ago where I suggested putting your mug shot up, quite a few did including me. We could always have a simple thing like carry a balloon or something to make you stand out....

racing59
27th July 2007, 22:08
If anyone wants tyres for momento's, Team Air Ambulance has some available, signed, and there's one very special one.

Mmmmmm donuts! That one is available for a donation to Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance.

Rob.

Speedworx
27th July 2007, 23:49
Be good to meet some other forum members (Tiesse, R3ROK, etc) before the seasons out.

R3ROK
31st July 2007, 16:01
Be good to meet some other forum members (Tiesse, R3ROK, etc) before the seasons out.

Sounds good to me. Lets think of a meeting place/time and a simple way of identifying yourself...should be good fun.....!! Can you imagine....'Hi I'm R3ROK......' 'Was he in Starwars? 'No, I'm a SCSA Forum Member' 'Good for you....never heard of it' lol

I'll be stopping everyone!!

John

Old Stock Nut
31st July 2007, 17:40
Not sure about the tee shirt idea. Tried it last year and I had to borrow the soldering iron off the brass monkey before I could move. Sitting in those stands facing East and the next high ground is the Urals - and doesn't it blow like it? I was cold last time even with the thick Jeff Gordon twill jacket on. Maybe we should all get a forum logo scarf and wooly hat with our handles embroidered on?

R3ROK
31st July 2007, 21:00
Not sure about the tee shirt idea. Tried it last year and I had to borrow the soldering iron off the brass monkey before I could move. Sitting in those stands facing East and the next high ground is the Urals - and doesn't it blow like it? I was cold last time even with the thick Jeff Gordon twill jacket on. Maybe we should all get a forum logo scarf and wooly hat with our handles embroidered on?

:) :) :) :) aha! someone else with my sense of humour ;)

Chigley
31st July 2007, 23:06
Sitting in those stands facing East and the next high ground is the Urals

Cobblers, ;) you're all cossetted and protected up there. Shade, roof over your heads, wind break behind you. I think you should all pay double for use of the luxuries. :p

Tiesse
1st August 2007, 11:21
Cobblers, ;) you're all cossetted and protected up there. Shade, roof over your heads, wind break behind you. I think you should all pay double for use of the luxuries. :p

If only the view wasn't spoilt by some madman waving some blooming flags every now & again (especially those yellow ones) LOL!

R3ROK
1st August 2007, 15:24
He may be a madman but he gets an airing every now and again ;)
(Picture courtesy of mark ch's Galleries)

Chigley
1st August 2007, 16:53
He may be a madman but he gets an airing every now and again ;)
(Picture courtesy of mark ch's Galleries)

Who's been looking in interesting places to find that! ;)

R3ROK
1st August 2007, 22:01
I think it was in the BMW days, must be 3 years ago??