PDA

View Full Version : Police have told me not to overtake.....???

MAX_THRUST
25th July 2007, 12:58
I have had a visit from the police asking that I don't overtake anymore.

Even though I always do the speed limit through rural villages. I was visited at 2230 on Friday the 20th July at home to be told they had had three complaints of my overtaking. (Don't know why they were at my house when the rest of the country was flooded).

I never overtake where the road marking say you can't, Honestly I never do more than 30 in a thirty, 40 50, so on.

Apprently they want to take me to court because an off duty officer saw me overtaking and made a complaint. Apparently I over took 5 cars and a lorry on a blind bend..........why aren't there solid white lines on that bend.

CAN ANYONE OFFER ME SOME ADVICE?????

Loobylou
25th July 2007, 13:10

Even though I always do the speed limit through rural villages. I was visited at 2230 on Friday the 20th July at home to be told they had had three complaints of my overtaking. (Don't know why they were at my house when the rest of the country was flooded).

I never overtake where the road marking say you can't, Honestly I never do more than 30 in a thirty, 40 50, so on.

Apprently they want to take me to court because an off duty officer saw me overtaking and made a complaint. Apparently I over took 5 cars and a lorry on a blind bend..........why aren't there solid white lines on that bend.

Don't overtake on blind bends maybe. Just a thought though.

From this post you seem like one of those people who actually need a nanny state to tell what they can & can't do. Just because there's not a solid white line does not mean it's safe to overtake, it's probably still a broken white line because they don't expect people to be as (insert descriptive) to try & overtake there.

Hopefully I'm wrong & you're not a nanny state needer...

I'm not sure what the outcome will be but I'd take it as a reminder to apply common sense - for the sake of the person coming towards you if not your own.

Brown, Jon Brow
25th July 2007, 13:11
Ermm.. stop overtaking on blind corners?

Daniel
25th July 2007, 13:13

Use your brain. If there are dotted lines and it's a blind bend then don't frigging overtake. If the road markings told you to drive your car off a cliff would you? Overtaking 5 cars and a lorry on a blind bend is stupidity in the extreme and I hope they throw the book at you if this is correct.

Daniel
25th July 2007, 13:18
Can a moderator change the thread title to "Police have told me not to recklesslesy endanger other people and myself.....??????"

GridGirl
25th July 2007, 13:29
Do you and your car actually match the decription of the dangerous driver?

Last week a friend of mine was out shopping and he could of swore someone was following him around the shop. Every time he saw the guy he avoided eye contact with my friend etc. Half an hour later he goes out to his car and finds that both his number plates had been stolen. He went back into the shop and asked to look at their CCTV. A car had followed him into the stores car park, the guy that he thought was following him got out and went into the store, while his other mate in the car got out and stole his number plates.

My mate reported it to the police straight away but I can bet thats he's going to get stopped by the police quite a few times in the next few months even though he's done nothing wrong.

LotusElise
25th July 2007, 14:00
You don't say whether you actually did the overtaking move or not. Did you?
If so, then your only option is to apologise, accept any fine or caution with good grace and don't do it again.

If you didn't, then following Gridgirl's suggestions might be the best option.

GridGirl
25th July 2007, 14:08
You didn't say if anyone else has access to driving your car. Maybe you didn't do it, but maybe your son, wife or whoever did.

Flat.tyres
25th July 2007, 17:30
I do hope this thread is a joke.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/15.htm

Rule 142.

142: DO NOT overtake if there is any doubt, or where you cannot see far enough ahead to be sure it is safe. For example, when you are approaching

a corner or bend[/*:m:3q858i15]
a hump bridge[/*:m:3q858i15]
the brow of a hill.[/*:m:3q858i15]I do hope Max is joking as any idiot that overtakes on a blind bend should be taken to court and banned until they learn how to drive properly.

and people wonder why Im in favour of a mandatory refresher test every 5 years :rolleyes:

Drew
25th July 2007, 18:29
It doesn't matter whether you do the speed limit, overtaking on a blind bend is pretty damn stupid.

Anyway, just ask them for evidence.

Dave B
25th July 2007, 18:58
As others have said if it's a mistake then ignore it - they're not intending to prosecute. If you DO overtake on blind bends then consider yourself fortunate to have got away with it for this long and heed the police advice.

Hazell B
25th July 2007, 19:49
If people have complained three times, it means you're driving so close to them they can easily read your plate ..... and as it's an over taking complaint I guess you duck in too close and cause them to brake.

Don't treat driving as if it's a joke. It isn't. Don't assume you're a great driver. You aren't. Three complaints is three too many ;)

CarlMetro
25th July 2007, 19:57
If you were 18 and just passed you test I could understand your confusing and lack of motoring common sense. But at the age of 35 I would have thought you would use a bit of nouse when driving. Personally I hope they through the book at you and ban you from driving for as long as possible, there by allowing one less idiot on the roads.

GridGirl
25th July 2007, 21:14
How come every is asuming that he has actually done it? If I were doing such wreckless things, I wouldn't go on a forum and start mouthing off about it. :s

Daniel
25th July 2007, 21:39
How come every is asuming that he has actually done it? If I were doing such wreckless things, I wouldn't go on a forum and start mouthing off about it. :s
if you'd done that you'd find it perfectly reasonable :) People don't drive like twits and then think "Oooh that's a bit dangerous"

fandango
25th July 2007, 23:07
Apparently I over took 5 cars and a lorry on a blind bend..........why aren't there solid white lines on that bend.

How come one part is "apparently" and the other is quite detailed? 5 cars and a lorry should really stick in your memory better than road markings.

Malbec
26th July 2007, 00:45
assuming its not a case of mistaken identity then I'm surprised you've not been banned already. Anyone who thinks that driving is entirely dictated by the roadmarkings and not the road and traffic conditions is simply a fool.

Quattroporte
26th July 2007, 02:10
Do you and your car actually match the decription of the dangerous driver?

Last week a friend of mine was out shopping and he could of swore someone was following him around the shop. Every time he saw the guy he avoided eye contact with my friend etc. Half an hour later he goes out to his car and finds that both his number plates had been stolen. He went back into the shop and asked to look at their CCTV. A car had followed him into the stores car park, the guy that he thought was following him got out and went into the store, while his other mate in the car got out and stole his number plates.

My mate reported it to the police straight away but I can bet thats he's going to get stopped by the police quite a few times in the next few months even though he's done nothing wrong.

A Car theft is witnessed by a blonde. When the owner arrives and looks perplexed she runs over and says, "Someone just stole your car! I saw it all happen!" The owner replies, "Did you call the police?" The blonde says, "I did better than that! I got the number plate details!"

:s

MAX_THRUST
26th July 2007, 13:56
Thank you for all the supporting comments and those assuming I'm a maniac.

All straight roads have bends at the end of them, evensome Roman ones.

I don't rely on just road markings, I rely on my experience, and common sense, I don't cut in on people and it would not be an offense to pull in if a car was coming, I have had no near misses.

On discussion with some locals I am being victimised, and it has happened to many other drivers.

I don't drink and drive, I don't use my mobile when I drive, I dont want a nanny state, I want to be able to go to and from work safely. Both my dad and brother were in comas from bad RTA's and I don't want to end up the same. Every spot I overtake on is a known overtaking spot. Clearly it is people who don't like to overtake.

As a man clearly I think I'm the worlds best driver, but so does every other man.
Sadly no one else drives my car but there are alot of my type of car on the road, same colour.

I have never received any points or convictions for anything. Not because I'm lucky, not because I get away with it, but because I realise the loss to people and their families lives when people are killed or severly injured.

But thanks for the bashing those that felt the need, ofcourse you have never made a mistake either or driven incorrectly.

I was overtaken by a middle aged women in a Volvo yesterday in a 30 zone during school holidays. Whose the maniac me or her????? 1600 in the afternoon, ofcourse kids don't play outside anymore so I guess it doesn't matter.....

LotusElise
26th July 2007, 14:01
You still haven't said whether you did it or not.

MAX_THRUST
26th July 2007, 14:28
Ofcourse I didn't, but what difference does it make that I didn't. An accusation is made thats it........

Flat.tyres
26th July 2007, 14:32
Thank you for all the supporting comments and those assuming I'm a maniac.

All straight roads have bends at the end of them, evensome Roman ones.

I don't rely on just road markings, I rely on my experience, and common sense, I don't cut in on people and it would not be an offense to pull in if a car was coming, I have had no near misses.

On discussion with some locals I am being victimised, and it has happened to many other drivers.

I don't drink and drive, I don't use my mobile when I drive, I dont want a nanny state, I want to be able to go to and from work safely. Both my dad and brother were in comas from bad RTA's and I don't want to end up the same. Every spot I overtake on is a known overtaking spot. Clearly it is people who don't like to overtake.

As a man clearly I think I'm the worlds best driver, but so does every other man.
Sadly no one else drives my car but there are alot of my type of car on the road, same colour.

I have never received any points or convictions for anything. Not because I'm lucky, not because I get away with it, but because I realise the loss to people and their families lives when people are killed or severly injured.

But thanks for the bashing those that felt the need, ofcourse you have never made a mistake either or driven incorrectly.

I was overtaken by a middle aged women in a Volvo yesterday in a 30 zone during school holidays. Whose the maniac me or her????? 1600 in the afternoon, ofcourse kids don't play outside anymore so I guess it doesn't matter.....

an off duty police woman is victimising you?

LotusElise
26th July 2007, 14:34
It makes all the difference.
If you are not guilty of driving like a **** (insert your own expletive) then you need to collect any evidence you can and perhaps enlist the services of a lawyer.

If you had been guilty, it would have been completely different.

MAX_THRUST
26th July 2007, 14:39
No I didn't do it, but an accusation has been made and police will follow up any accusation. The only thing I can say if I did do it the vehicles must have been going very slowly, and I could clearly see what was approaching. The so called spot where the incident happened, I have witnessed several other vehicles doing the same overtaking there, you can see clearly ahead.

I appreciate people think I should be strung up for this, then fine. There is no eveidence appart from three different witnesses whom saw three alleged different incidents. Two by the public and one by an officer of the law.

If taken to court I will defend my case and take what ever comes to me, right or wrong. Unfortunately if it is wrong I will not be able to afford my insurance. End of driving, I can barely afford to feed my self, so that is why I drive through villages so slowly cause I prefer to eat.

I'm glad some of you feel you need to take the moral ground but you haven't a clue, and thaks to those who can be sensible about this. My last post on the matter.

Camelopard
26th July 2007, 23:53
I must admit that reading your first post is going to put people off as in my opinion it doesn't really say that you didn't over take 5 cars etc on a blind bend. You are leaving it up to us to make the assumption that you never do things like that.
It's a pity that we only have 15 or so minutes to edit posts otherwise you could make changes and add some of the information from your later posts into the first one.
As they say first impressions count, or in this case 'first reading'!!!
Just as an aside what sort of car is it that you drive? If it's something that stands out then that is always going to attract unwarranted attention.

Rollo
27th July 2007, 02:06
No I didn't do it, but an accusation has been made and police will follow up any accusation. The only thing I can say if I did do it the vehicles must have been going very slowly, and I could clearly see what was approaching. The so called spot where the incident happened, I have witnessed several other vehicles doing the same overtaking there, you can see clearly ahead.

I appreciate people think I should be strung up for this, then fine. There is no eveidence appart from three different witnesses whom saw three alleged different incidents. Two by the public and one by an officer of the law.

Time for a law lesson:

Most road charges fall within the juris prudence of civil law. In a civil law case in the UK, one does not need to prove beyond all reasonable doubt the elements of Actus Reus or Mens Rea (ie/ whether the act took place and whether or not there was a criminal mindset) but merely whether there is a Ratio Decidendii case to be made. If you will, whether or not it is likely that the evnt took place.

You mention three different witnesses. If they are in fact independant, then it seems highly likely that the event took place since a resonable person who would report such a matter, wouldn't necessarily do it out of personal aggrievance.

If I was the judge in this case and I read the witnesses' accounts and the police report, then I'd probably find the charge of Dangerous Driving under the Road Traffic Act 1991 fitting. Section 2A provides only an wholly test and with three witnesses, the evidence for this case fits.

If you do wind up in court, you're going to need to show the evidence is faulty which may be difficult to do.

Koz
27th July 2007, 07:35
Off topic but... Once I was overtaking and when I was on the wrong side of the road my right rear tyre blew out; nearly went off road, nearly hit an oncoming car. All that at around 100km\h. Fun times. :(

Flat.tyres
27th July 2007, 09:07

If taken to court I will defend my case and take what ever comes to me, right or wrong. Unfortunately if it is wrong I will not be able to afford my insurance. End of driving, I can barely afford to feed my self, so that is why I drive through villages so slowly cause I prefer to eat.

I'm glad some of you feel you need to take the moral ground but you haven't a clue, and thaks to those who can be sensible about this. My last post on the matter.

you posted this thread asking for opinions and after contemplating the facts as you reported them, we delivered those views.

pretend this wasn't you but you read this in a newspaper or something. someone you dont know has been reported for dangerous driving to the police on 3 different occassions by 3 different people, one of who is a police woman.

when the alledged dangerous driver was interviewed he replied, "Im being victimised, I always drive at the speed limit and the blind bend where I overtook was perfectly safe otherwise there would be white lines there. other people do it so it must be alright."

what would you think?

CarlMetro
27th July 2007, 11:29
No I didn't do it, but an accusation has been made and police will follow up any accusation. The only thing I can say if I did do it the vehicles must have been going very slowly.

Make up your mind, either you didn't do it and the accusations are false, which you will be able to provide evidence of. Or you did do it but dispute the dangers of your actions.

Perhaps if you could make it a bit clearer as to whether you did or didn't do it then you might get a different reaction from people. You would not be the first person to accused of something they didn't do.

There's not a single person on this forum who drives that has not done something stupid at least once in their driving career, the vast majority have gotten away with it but some have suffered the consequences of their actions. However most would hold up their hand and say "yep, it was me, I was stupid to do it" where as you seem to be in a state of semi-denial where you may or may not have performed the manoeuvre :confused:

Daniel
27th July 2007, 12:20
Make up your mind, either you didn't do it and the accusations are false, which you will be able to provide evidence of. Or you did do it but dispute the dangers of your actions.

Perhaps if you could make it a bit clearer as to whether you did or didn't do it then you might get a different reaction from people. You would not be the first person to accused of something they didn't do.

There's not a single person on this forum who drives that has not done something stupid at least once in their driving career, the vast majority have gotten away with it but some have suffered the consequences of their actions. However most would hold up their hand and say "yep, it was me, I was stupid to do it" where as you seem to be in a state of semi-denial where you may or may not have performed the manoeuvre :confused:

Have to agree with Carl here. Your initial post lead everyone to believe that you DID indeed do it and that your argument was that it was OK because there weren't solid white lines.

I find it hard to believe that someone else is doing this if 3 people have complained. They will have had to all give the make, model, registration and location of your car.

I've tried a couple of times now to report dangerous driving but to be honest I can't be bothered because you have to go into a station, sign a statement and then if it does actually go to court you have to go to court. Why can't the Police just warn people without all this inconvenience? Someone overtook me and 4 other cars the other day around a blind corner with a truck coming towards them but did I call the police? No. Because it's too much bother and I'd prefer for them to get splattered on the front of a truck like a mosquito.

Hondo
27th July 2007, 19:27

Don't let them take you alive.

Hazell B
27th July 2007, 19:53
Don't let them take you alive.

:laugh:

I'm still a bit confused about what happened. Did three people complain about one incident, or three people about three incidents? I've reread the whole thing twice and still can't work out what he's saying exactly :mark:

Daniel
27th July 2007, 23:20
Have to agree with Carl here. Your initial post lead everyone to believe that you DID indeed do it and that your argument was that it was OK because there weren't solid white lines.

I find it hard to believe that someone else is doing this if 3 people have complained. They will have had to all give the make, model, registration and location of your car.

I've tried a couple of times now to report dangerous driving but to be honest I can't be bothered because you have to go into a station, sign a statement and then if it does actually go to court you have to go to court. Why can't the Police just warn people without all this inconvenience? Someone overtook me and 4 other cars the other day around a blind corner with a truck coming towards them but did I call the police? No. Because it's too much bother and I'd prefer for them to get splattered on the front of a truck like a mosquito.
Happened again. Same driver, same car, same reg. Called 999 and they circulated the details but didn't get him. Tomorrow I'm going into the station and making a formal compaint. I wouldn't mind if this person killed himself (doesn't mean I'd like it) but it's more than likely he'll kill someone else and get off on a technicality. This is going to be made formal now and he's getting a visit from ye olde bill

Stuartf12007
28th July 2007, 01:02
Max, make a complaint against the police office for unjust harrasment and take the story to your local newspaper.

The police in this country are arseholes! they never stop people driving using mobile phones or for not indicating, they just make up stories.

Best of luck Max i hope you prove the nasty cops wrong.

DaveTaylor
28th July 2007, 08:50
I have to agree with what rollo said earlier. 3 people 3 seperate incidents don't look good. They might be in cahoots with each other but you'll have to prove that.
But i'm thinking that as you said that you've seen other people do it and you can see clearly, that in fact you have overtaken on the said corner, the police only coming to see you on the third time as three reports of the same car doing the same thing is a bit persistant.
But what you never mention is are you getting taken to court or did the police give you a don't do it again speech.
Also you seem like the perfect driver or at least thats what you think of your own driving, one of the i never make mistakes brigade when if fact you do you just never see anything you do as wrong, a bit of a everybody else is doing it why can't i attitude. Wrong is wrong

Daniel
28th July 2007, 09:08
Max, make a complaint against the police office for unjust harrasment and take the story to your local newspaper.

The police in this country are arseholes! they never stop people driving using mobile phones or for not indicating, they just make up stories.

Do you get pleasure out of being ignorant? :mark:

Stuartf12007
28th July 2007, 13:22
Daniel I have attempted to ignore you, but you continue to flame the board.

Please take your rudeness and bad attitude to a board that suits your nasty mouth.

This is the last time I will give you any of my time or attention.

CarlMetro
28th July 2007, 16:15
Max, make a complaint against the police office for unjust harrasment

To do that he would have to prove that a) he was being harrassed and, more importantly, b) that the claims by three seperate and independant witnesses were unjust.

Do you ever engage brain before typing? :rolleyes:

Hazell B
28th July 2007, 19:32

Good, that gives you more time to start on me, then :p :

You're a bit thick, my boy. The police are pretty much not making up everything, nor out to get you. They've a crap job and they're doing it. What've you been done for, I wonder?

Stuartf12007
28th July 2007, 20:20
Good, that gives you more time to start on me, then :p :

You're a bit thick, my boy. The police are pretty much not making up everything, nor out to get you. They've a crap job and they're doing it. What've you been done for, I wonder?

not as thick as you sweetheart

DaveTaylor
28th July 2007, 20:32
Children, Children stop the bickering or no sweets after dinner

Daniel
28th July 2007, 21:37
Daniel I have attempted to ignore you, but you continue to flame the board.

Please take your rudeness and bad attitude to a board that suits your nasty mouth.

Listen here now. It's people like you who make it difficult for people who legitimately want to report a crime to do so without having to go to the length of making a formal complaint at a police station and commiting to going to court as a witness rather than the police being able to do what they would like to and go to the persons house and give them a stiff talking to. If someone is suspected of commiting a crime and the police go and talk to them it's hardly "harassment". Why don't you crawl off back to the cafe or underneath of a rock from whence you came.

CarlMetro
29th July 2007, 02:39
Oh come now Daniel, where would we be without such insights of genius and well thought out and knowledgeable posts. I mean the levels of intelligence displayed in some of his recent threads has left me amazed, as it must have done many others on here.

oily oaf
29th July 2007, 10:28

(Lights pipe, pulls up chair and leans forward)

BDunnell
30th July 2007, 00:10

In every single case, or just the time they did you for speeding?

(I know that's a wild stab in the dark, but what the hell...)

Mark
30th July 2007, 09:00
Overtaking on a blind bend is clearly stupid. But overtaking 5 cars in a row isn't particularly. I've often done that on wide straight sections of road I just go into the right hand lane and continue overtaking cars until visibility or traffic means I need to pull in again.

Flat.tyres
30th July 2007, 11:44
:laugh:

I'm still a bit confused about what happened. Did three people complain about one incident, or three people about three incidents? I've reread the whole thing twice and still can't work out what he's saying exactly :mark:

ive been through it and it looks like 3 cases.

why have all these people got it in for such a balanced and law abiding driver :confused:

Flat.tyres
30th July 2007, 11:48

i know this has been pointed out already but what a silly, immature post :rolleyes:

if it wasn't for the old bill, prats like you would be roaring around housing estates like Mad Max in a clio. Theyre not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but most of them try to do the job as best they can in difficult circumstances while dealing with minority views of ignorant to$$ers.

Hazell B
30th July 2007, 17:31
(Lights pipe, pulls up chair and leans forward)

Oily, you sit tight. I'll be back ......

Hazell B
30th July 2007, 17:37

Oooo! I'm so upset at such a barb from one so learned :rolleyes:

I shall have to look at myself in the mirror and change my ways. I'm a bad person. I don't see genius when it's right there in front of me. Squandered, I have, a chance to learn much from Stuartf12007. He obviously knows all there is to know about UK police.

Or he's just a twit who'll never get laid :laugh:

oily oaf
30th July 2007, 18:11
(Knocks out contents of pipe, replaces chair and walks away whistling)

Hazell B
30th July 2007, 18:28
(Knocks out contents of pipe, replaces chair and walks away whistling)

Came back in here this instant, Oily!

Having spent the day struggling to work out how to design a new building to fit at the back of our stables without raising the roofline, messing up the drainage and with no need for flashing use, I'm worn out. Anyway, one 11ft x 12ft brick and pantile plan later, I'm all out of decent insults.

Give me chance to get my breath back, eh? :p :

Stuartf12007
30th July 2007, 19:59
lmao @ the ones personally attacking me, insulting me and being all round pathetic with there views.

two words "grow up" and stop making this board some kind of warboard and accept we are all aloud to express our own opinons.

CarlMetro
30th July 2007, 20:06
"grow up"

Perhaps you should take your own advice before expecting others to do as you say, not as you do.

BDunnell
30th July 2007, 20:12
lmao @ the ones personally attacking me, insulting me and being all round pathetic with there views.

two words "grow up" and stop making this board some kind of warboard and accept we are all aloud to express our own opinons.

We have all expressed our own opinions. They almost all happen to coincide. I don't think there is a problem with that.

Hazell B
30th July 2007, 20:27

Oh, and I forgot to mention your spelling and grammar stink :laugh:

BeansBeansBeans
30th July 2007, 20:59
I've read all of your posts Max Thrust, and I'm still struggling to understand the whole thing. One piece of advice I would give you, is not to take driving advice from Stuart "I never let buses out me, dey are 2 slow! LOL!" F12007.

Stuartf12007
30th July 2007, 21:25
Oh, and I forgot to mention your spelling and grammar stink :laugh:

pathetic person. You are ruining this board with your outbursts.

Get a job or do something more productive with your time.

Daniel
30th July 2007, 21:31

How bout a nice hot cup of.........

:)

Hazell B
30th July 2007, 21:49
I notice he had no come back on the not getting laid part :laugh:

LotusElise
30th July 2007, 21:58

Duh, you obviously haven't read any of Hazell's last few posts then. Whose sock are you? I smell the smell of disgruntled ex-forumite going anon here.

If Stuart is so bothered about British traffic police incompetence, why is he up in arms at them trying to do their job for once? They are acting on information from witnesses, faulty or not.

BDunnell
30th July 2007, 22:01

Whereas, presumably, you are contributing to its high quality.

leno
30th July 2007, 22:42
i just give you advice never overtake more than 1 vehicle if you are not on highway. better to overtake 3 4 times than overtake so many vehicles!
Have police any proof or somethin or they just said to stop overtaking?

Hazell B
30th July 2007, 22:46
Sadly, thanks to tail gaters, you are forced to either stay behind or pass several cars at once on our roads.

The Highway Code makes people in groups on horses allow 75 yards between groups of up to four horses, yet allows cars to tail back miles behind a lorry each ten feet behind the other. Morons :mark:

CarlMetro
30th July 2007, 23:29

Yet more good advice you fail to comprehend yourself :rolleyes:

Stuartf12007
30th July 2007, 23:36
Yet more good advice you fail to comprehend yourself :rolleyes:

if you say so son if you say so.

Lmao :bounce:

Geesh some people, get out my face and get life.

Hazell B
31st July 2007, 22:30

Yep, too stupid even to post decent insults in English :laugh:

Stuartf12007
1st August 2007, 18:22
Yep, too stupid even to post decent insults in English :laugh:

pathetic.

This is the last time i will give you my attention, as rude people like you are not worthy.

BDunnell
1st August 2007, 21:25
if you say so son if you say so.

Lmao :bounce:

Has this turned into some sort of 'guess the missing words' competition?

If so, I'll go for 'of' and 'a'.

oily oaf
2nd August 2007, 07:11
Has this turned into some sort of 'guess the missing words' competition?

If so, I'll go for 'of' and 'a'.

Now come on Mr D, behave yourself. That kind of cunning lexiconography will only serve to confuse the poor sod.

Try this one Stuart:
Rearrange the following word jumble to produce an intelligible albeit deeply depressing phrase.
Mum Hotbikerchic My Is.

(lights cigar and buries face into My Very First Pop-Up ABC whilst lips move furiously)

Hazell B
3rd August 2007, 19:58
... ABC whilst lips move furiously

I never had you down as a New Romantic. Go on, treat us to When Smokey Sings :p :

Stuart says I'm not worthy of him.
Can we have a poll? :p :

DaveTaylor
4th August 2007, 08:48
The best way to get rid of a pest is ignore it and it'll go away and annoy someone/something else (i can't be bothered to respond to his immature drivel)

donKey jote
5th August 2007, 09:47
psst Hazellīs a she ;) :p :
:laugh: :wave:

oily oaf
5th August 2007, 10:05
I never had you down as a New Romantic. Go on, treat us to When Smokey Sings :p :

Stuart says I'm not worthy of him.
Can we have a poll? :p :

Sorry but I haven't got the quiff for it :(
On the bright side I did take Hotbkerchic's breakfast out to the shed this morning and gave her a rousing rendition of "Are You Living In A Box"
Thank me next Tuesday.

Hazell B
6th August 2007, 21:12
The best way to get rid of a pest is ignore it and it'll go away and annoy someone/something else (i can't be bothered to respond to his immature drivel)

Normally I'd agree, but a bit of goading is fun :p :

Oily, you're pinching Carl's DJ playlist ;)