PDA

View Full Version : Magny Cours reprive

Flat.tyres
24th July 2007, 15:48
looks like it will be there next year and possibly the year after.

24th July 2007, 17:32
looks like it will be there next year and possibly the year after.

Link?

Flat.tyres
24th July 2007, 17:37
Link?

dont know if it's out yet otherwise I would have posted it but trust me.

Flat.tyres
24th July 2007, 17:39
Link?

ha, the old grapevine beat Reuters by an hour :D

http://uk.reuters.com/article/motorSportsNews/idUKL2422968620070724

truefan72
24th July 2007, 18:23
looks like the French caved in and paid the kings ransom.

I would have love it if thet refused to pay the astronomical fees bernie was asking, then next Italy would have said no since they never sell out, followed by Spa and Silverstone, then Canada, soon after Australia for not wanting to shift their schedule around so bernie can sleep better.

That would have put enough pressure on Bernie to rethink his ludicrous fees and extortionist practices. With all those races gone, even I, a long time F1 vet, would simply be not interested in watching the series.

btw, if you heard the comments by all the teams about the loss of the US Grand Prix, you would realize how important it was to them. Speed Tv played interviews conducted by Peter Windsor to a bunch of teams. Both BMW and Mercedes said it was their most important market, Williams thought it was a huge loss, etc etc.

Allyc85
24th July 2007, 18:48
:( bugger

jens
24th July 2007, 19:29
Oh dear. Better give us back Indianapolis rather than Magny-Cours!

Erki
24th July 2007, 19:40
I don't understand what some people have so much against Magny Cours. It's not a start-stop track like Bahrain and the like. It at least has some proper fast turns like T1, T2, the turn before 180, the tun after 180. And you have two "passing spots" too (Adelaide and the last turn before chicane) - what more do you want? :confused:

grassrootsracer
25th July 2007, 04:41
looks like the French caved in and paid the kings ransom.

I would have love it if thet refused to pay the astronomical fees bernie was asking, then next Italy would have said no since they never sell out, followed by Spa and Silverstone, then Canada, soon after Australia for not wanting to shift their schedule around so bernie can sleep better.

That would have put enough pressure on Bernie to rethink his ludicrous fees and extortionist practices. With all those races gone, even I, a long time F1 vet, would simply be not interested in watching the series.

btw, if you heard the comments by all the teams about the loss of the US Grand Prix, you would realize how important it was to them. Speed Tv played interviews conducted by Peter Windsor to a bunch of teams. Both BMW and Mercedes said it was their most important market, Williams thought it was a huge loss, etc etc.

What would stop Bernie from screwing over all these venues once they back out by not moving to more Asian/Middle East races? His better judgement? A conscience? If you believe that, I've some property for sale... But like you said, it would be awesome if other countries refuse to pay up and tell him to bugger off.

As long as it's not a street race, I don't have much preference one way or the other about the location of the French GP, as long as one exists. There's always Paul Ricard HTTT and La Sarthe as possible alternatives.

Flat.tyres
25th July 2007, 15:14
the real problem with MC is that its a pain in the proverbial from a facilities point of view. promised regeneration has never materialised and its in the middle of nowhere from a commercial perspective.

look at places like Silverstone. easily reachable from East Mids, Heathrow, Stanstead, Luton airports etc. Road access, close to good facilities like London, Birmingham.

who the "F" wants to go out for a night in Nevers? the only relief from the area is about 150 miles up the road in Paris.

they could do with building a new circuit near Disneyland.

ioan
25th July 2007, 15:31
who the "F" wants to go out for a night in Nevers? the only relief from the area is about 150 miles up the road in Paris.

In fact the only nights when there is a good reason to go out in Nevers is during the GP week end. Believe me, been there done that! ;)

Flat.tyres
25th July 2007, 16:00
In fact the only nights when there is a good reason to go out in Nevers is during the GP week end. Believe me, been there done that! ;)

:laugh: for once we are in agreement but I still think its as exciting as watching particulaly slow drying paint.

compare it to any other race.