PDA

View Full Version : Did Kimi Forget to fill up?

Gibbsy
24th July 2007, 14:21
I know petrol prices are high and everything, but the claim in The Age (my local paper) today that Kimi ran out of fuel on lap 34 was a little surprising....

Wish i could give a link...

ioan
24th July 2007, 14:28
It was a hydraulics failure, he managed to go around at slow speed so he had fuel.

donKey jote
24th July 2007, 15:28
Here's a link:
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119595

Maybe you should tell The Age to stop publishing crap they read in donkey forums :p :

Storm
24th July 2007, 18:38
They were saying the same on Speed TV

Breeze
24th July 2007, 18:47
It was a hydraulics failure, he managed to go around at slow speed so he had fuel.

Yeah, there wasn't enough combustion energy in the rotating mass to keep hydraulic pressure up. :dozey:

OmarF1
24th July 2007, 18:50
As professional F1 is these days, I don't think this could be possible, such a mistake by such an experienced team seems simply not possible, maybe at Spyker but not Ferrari, maybe Albers but not Kimi, for me it was the presence of Schumacher at track that caused that bad luck to Kimi, go enjoy your kids Michael, you are a multichampion-best-ever-F1-driver-Millionaire pretending to have a job at Ferrari, go home, get into the pool don't bring Kimi the bad luck!!

LOL just kidding about the Schumster.

Easy Drifter
24th July 2007, 18:58
Many years ago BRM claimed electical failure after a clear blow up. The driver, Chris Irwin, when questioned said 'Yes it was an electical failure when the connecting rod cut the battery cable."