PDA

View Full Version : This weekend

raybak
24th July 2007, 10:02
I'm trying something different this weekend, actually not doing a rally for a change but doing a hill climb.

Andrew who normally codrives for me in the ARC has let me double enter in his turbo Ford Laser. He has taken all the safety gear out of the rally car and installed it in his Laser, managed to get some slicks, for the front at least and upped the boost a bit.

Now I don't know how long the engine will last as it only cost $100 at the wreckers.

I hope to post up some photos and hopefully i can beat Andrew, last event we competed against each other he got me by under a sec for the whole day.

On another note, the Charade will be back out to play at the Great Lakes ARC round at Forster in September. I'm still looking for an experienced nav as Andrew is unavailable. We have a very apt team manager Mr Livewireshock himself who looks after all our service shambles during the event. We might need a few other helpers as well so PM me or Livewireshock if you are available to help.

Cheers

Ray

Livewireshock
24th July 2007, 14:02
Hope you do fine Ray. So death did not quite find you over the past week with your flu?

Hill climbs, hill climbs, hill climbs........they are just an uphill repeated special stage, aren't they????????

ST205GT4
25th July 2007, 01:37
Good luck Ray. Hillclimbs are fun, but I find most of the ones over here in WA a little short.

Done a couple this year. Managed to split the Floods on a wet and wild day in Albany earlier this year which I was pretty happy with. Actually managed to pip Tony at a recent round of the AMR speed series at Barbagello as well.

raybak
29th July 2007, 00:35
DNS for us, engine decided it didn't want to participate. Oh well back to working on the rally car.

Ray