PDA

View Full Version : England Head Coach appointed

Knock-on
20th December 2006, 14:07
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/english/6189565.stm

OMG, what have they gone and done now :rolleyes:

Brian "Sack me for being crap" Ashton is the new coach.

He plunged Bath into the mire, he was sacked in favour of Gatland for the Irish job.

Just why the hell do they consider he has the ability to take a failing England team and turn it around?

The RFU has said that this is not a temporary replacement but a long term one. So, they have to be thinking 5 years into the future for the next RWC cause this one is dead and buried. The bloke will be 65 then.

Hello, inspiration, drive, imagination anyone?

Nope, there is only one explanation. Well the other one is that Rob Andrew and the rest of the old farts really think this is the solution but not even they could be that stupid..... on the other hand???

No, they are using him as the fall guy for the '07 RWC and must be getting Deano after that. They have to be, it's the only logical choice.

555-04Q2
20th December 2006, 14:10
He he he, looks like you guys just can win at the moment :p :

Knockie, have a :beer: and forget about it. Life is too short ;)

Knock-on
20th December 2006, 14:49
He he he, looks like you guys just can win at the moment :p :

Knockie, have a :beer: and forget about it. Life is too short ;)

Crimbo party tonight so no worries on the that front :beer: :beer:

However, it does seem to be going from bad to worse. I was a supporter of Rob Andrews but my faith is severely shaken.

555-04Q2
20th December 2006, 15:38
Who were the other options you guys had :?:

Knock-on
20th December 2006, 15:51
Who were the other options you guys had :?:

Deano, Deano and deano were the only viable options in my mind. There were some others mooted though.

stevie_gerrard
20th December 2006, 18:10
It is a strange choice, then again i had no faith in the RFU before now so i wasnt expecting a miracle. :p :

odykas
20th December 2006, 21:54
I don't know him but he can't be worse than Sven! http://www.softlab.ntua.gr/~siochos/smilies/teacher.gif

Valve Bounce
20th December 2006, 22:48
Deano, Deano and deano were the only viable options in my mind. There were some others mooted though.

Like Duncan Fletcher? :p :