PDA

View Full Version : did anyone hear...

Blackburn Buccaneer
24th July 2007, 02:08
when hamilton came up behind the renault yesterday, matchett, on speed, commenting on passsing, said it was a matter of "honor". There seems to be a huge difference in the performance of the renault this year from last year.
also thought this comment seems to point to the passion in f1.

N. Jones
24th July 2007, 02:50
I did. He kept mentioning how much better the car was than all of the others that Lewis was passing. I kept wondering if Matchett meant that everyone else shold just move out of the way since the McLaren was such a superior product. It was a bizarre comment that he kept making. yeah - the McLaren is better than most of the front runners, but why should people just move over and lose a position?? If there is any passion in F1 it should be for defending as well as passing.

My two cents anyway....

Valve Bounce
24th July 2007, 03:04
Well, he sure as hell wouldn't have gotten past Mark Webber that easily.

Blackburn Buccaneer
24th July 2007, 03:10
great job by alonso: I feel for massa though.
watched that scene at the end, and my gut instinct is, after a drive like they'ld just had, neither could be faulted for being emotional: and i think they both were.

wmcot
24th July 2007, 06:10
Well, he sure as hell wouldn't have gotten past Mark Webber that easily.

That would have been fun to watch! I remember Webber nearly forcing Alonso into the pit wall at Malaysia a few years back (2003?) to "defend" his position!

keysersoze
24th July 2007, 14:44
Matchett was talking out of both sides of his mouth that day. When LH was lining up the Fish the first time he was saying how easy it SHOULD be to get around him because GF was quite heavy on fuel, but commended Fisi for making it very difficult. Then the second time Steve was going on about how the difference between McLaren and Renault was the driver, and that Lewis was so superior--even though Giancarlo had 25+ laps on his tires by then.

N. Jones
24th July 2007, 15:07
I remember that... he was making some very bizarre comments Sunday. I am just chalking it up to it being a strange race...