PDA

View Full Version : No BTCC on Motors TV in 2007

Alfa Fan
20th December 2006, 13:33
As the title says. Awful news. Just hope the live satelitte coverage continues on another channel..

tin-top fan
20th December 2006, 13:59
Not good news at all, hopefully the coverage could be broadcast in full on one of the other itv channels, such as ITV 2 or 3 instead. (have we got a source on this as well? )

Robinho
20th December 2006, 14:02
what, what, what, if true this is bad news unless the coverage is going somewhere else accessable? i'm hoping for ITV2/3/4?

BTCC2
20th December 2006, 14:13
There is nothing on their website about this.

Alfa Fan
20th December 2006, 14:13
Story is in Motorsport News today.

BTCC2
20th December 2006, 14:20
Does it give a reason???

Lousada
20th December 2006, 14:20
That means us continentals won't be able to see it anymore I suppose :mad:

VkmSpouge
20th December 2006, 14:47
This is pretty bad, I loved watching the support races live and the touring cars too. It really made for a great Sunday of TV action.

Pedalpusher
20th December 2006, 15:01
Nooooooooo! :(

Wasn't ITV 4 originally supposed to be their sports channel? Seeing as they already show the main races on ITV1, perhaps they could show all the supports on ITV4.

*crosses fingers and gets down on prayer mat* :p :

100%hondafan
20th December 2006, 15:37
that is poor not showing it such good racing to watch.

supose they want to show some other c*** to make up for it.

Captain VXR
20th December 2006, 15:40
Probably F1 or some other cr4p.

Rusty
20th December 2006, 17:45
Wonder wether Eurosport will get it as they broadcast WTCC??? cant beleive it though i got sky purposely to watch the whole Championship live I'm gutted...

Iain
20th December 2006, 20:55
Another bit of bad news about 2007.....

Hopefully ITV4 will pick it up or something.

reidy_fan
20th December 2006, 21:04
that is bad news, can see the sky subscription getting cancelled when my year is up

nicemms
20th December 2006, 21:46
I hope ITV do live coverage of it either on ITV2/3/4 or on Men and Motors because I believe they own that.

I would prefer it on freeview though as I don't have sky but I am planning to get a freeview HDD so I could record it all on there.

tdb
21st December 2006, 00:01
Alan gow says he is not worried at all by this, so he obviously has other deals on the table.

The exclusive to show all the races from the weekends live will definately get channels queing up!

PDS
21st December 2006, 01:01
Before people start slinging mud as they have been doing on the BTCC.Net site, I suggest you read what Alan Gow has posted!

Allow me to put some totally unfounded speculation to rest;

1. The decision not to continue for 2007 was entirely that of MotorsTV. We would have been very happy to continue our relationship with them, on exactly the same basis that has existed from some years.

2. We would not, and did not, charge MotorsTV any form of rights fee (or similar) to show the events...it was entirely free of charge to them, in that respect. As is normal, MotorsTV's financial outlay was for the extra production costs and satellite up-link needed to produce their own program.

3. ITV and ourselves were both fully supportive for the MotorsTV programming to continue, on exactly the same basis as previously.

There was/is absolutely no problem in the relationship between MotorsTV and/or ourselves and/or ITV....they merely decided that they wished to take their programming schedules in a different direction, and we have to respect their decision.

But for some people to speculate that either TOCA and/or ITV had, in some way, made it more difficult and/or more expensive for MotorsTV to continue is most unfair and totally incorrect.

Subaru WRX
21st December 2006, 04:56
this is a very sad news, I like BTCC and it will be painfull for me not seeing it next year on Motors !!

acorn
21st December 2006, 14:18
I hope ITV do live coverage of it either on ITV2/3/4 or on Men and Motors because I believe they own that.

I would prefer it on freeview though as I don't have sky but I am planning to get a freeview HDD so I could record it all on there.

until the whole itv network switches to digital (because all the analogue transmitters are switched off which is still some years away) there will still be a lot of people who will only be able (or willing) to watch the 5 basic terrestrial channels. moving the whole btcc show to itv 2,3 or4 in the near future therefore seems highly unlikely to me.

Doug
21st December 2006, 14:36
That's a nightmare. That'd be the Sky box out the window if I wasn't hooked on DTM/V8s by this point. Hopefully ITV has (at least) the same coverage as last year.

Someone mentioned on e of the digital ITV channels. Hopefully they might show the first 2 live on ITV4 or something then do the usual on ITV1. Please?

Captain VXR
21st December 2006, 20:56
That's a nightmare. That'd be the Sky box out the window if I wasn't hooked on DTM/V8s by this point. Hopefully ITV has (at least) the same coverage as last year.

Someone mentioned on e of the digital ITV channels. Hopefully they might show the first 2 live on ITV4 or something then do the usual on ITV1. Please?

I would go mad if it was only on ITV4 because I only have terrestrial tv but if they showed it on both, then it would be good.

Dave B
21st December 2006, 21:39
To be fair, if you've only got terrestrial then you're not missing out due to Motors' decision.

jodi
21st December 2006, 22:24
This is very bad news! I like watching all the support races aswell as the BTCC but I cant see ITV or any other channel showing all of these only the BTCC and ITV'S coverage last year wasn't that good only really showing one race live. It looks like I will have to go to more meetings next year so that I can watch the whole package!

PDS
21st December 2006, 22:29
This is very bad news! It looks like I will have to go to more meetings next year so that I can watch the whole package!

Thats what most true Motor Racing entusiasts do!

Mihai
21st December 2006, 23:15
It's awful news! This year I followed live about a third of the rounds on Motors TV and I watched the rest of them delayed or on the next day (often full-coverage replay). How am I supposed to know who's hot and who's not next year in BTCC without actually watching the races? Attending the meetings is quite frankly out of the question for me in 2007...

thompp
22nd December 2006, 09:51
I would go mad if it was only on ITV4 because I only have terrestrial tv but if they showed it on both, then it would be good.

ITV4 is available on freeview - you can pickup freeview boxes for £20.

Personally (for this reasopn) I's be very pleased if wider BTCC / support coverage was available on ITV4 but I dont see it happening. ITV4 is not well known for its sports coverage - possibly because it doesnt normally do much...?

Robinho
22nd December 2006, 10:54
Thats what most true Motor Racing entusiasts do!

thats all very well for some, i did get to all but 3 rounds (knockhill, Silverstone and Mondello) a couple of years back, and still try to get to a round every year, but then i was single. when living with someone who is not a motorsport fan and having a less than a year old baby it makes it very difficult to afford/get to most meetings and there are a lot of us true motor racing enthusiasts for whom Motors TV coverage was a godsend.

i hope that the slack does get picked up by one of the ITV 2/3/4 chanles, that would seem to make sense

BeansBeansBeans
22nd December 2006, 11:03
It would be a shame. I don't get to many BTCC meetings, so the Motors TV coverage was great, if a little shabby.

tintin
22nd December 2006, 11:20
ITV4 is not well known for its sports coverage - possibly because it doesnt normally do much...?

...Apart from WRC, Champions League and UEFA Cup football, and Boxing.

RaikkonenRules
22nd December 2006, 11:58
WHAT? (Throws temper tantrum)

The directors of Motors TV really are the biggest load of f***ing c***s ever.
:mad: :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :mad:

Captain VXR
22nd December 2006, 12:58
ITV4 is available on freeview - you can pickup freeview boxes for £20.

Is Eurosport available on Freeview? The only way I get it is on satellite, and it is in German so it is not excactly easy to hear what the WTCC commentaters are saying.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd December 2006, 13:14
Is Eurosport available on Freeview? The only way I get it is on satellite, and it is in German so it is not excactly easy to hear what the WTCC commentaters are saying.

Eurosport isn't available on freeview but you can get it on Top-up TV. You need to make sure that your freeview box or Digital TV is compatible. (mine isn't)

Is it the whole TOCA events that have been dropped by MOTORS TV or just the BTCC?
If so what are they going to show on Sundays? DTM for 10 hours?

Captain VXR
22nd December 2006, 14:21
Probably something crap like F1 testing.

Iain
22nd December 2006, 14:34
So Motors drop the BTCC coverage (which everyone who didn't have access to the channel whinged and moaned about) and now they're the bad guys? :confused:

tin-top fan
22nd December 2006, 15:37
I expect that a lot of the negative comments here are because of the lack of confirmed entry news actually coming out at the moment....

Allyc85
22nd December 2006, 16:05
:( not everyone can get free view, im in east devon and we are still waiting

BTCC2
22nd December 2006, 17:22
It is not going to be on ITV3 or ITV4 because both channels only start at 6pm each night.

tintin
22nd December 2006, 17:31
ITV3 is 24 hours.
ITV4 isn't 24 hours at the moment, but will be extending hours in 2007.

BTCC2
22nd December 2006, 19:27
ITV3 is 24 hours.
ITV4 isn't 24 hours at the moment, but will be extending hours in 2007.

In that case it might be on ITV3 or ITV4 as both channels are 24hours :D

Ian McC
23rd December 2006, 20:10
This is crap :mad:

Is it worth starting a petition or something, really should have live coverage!

Subaru WRX
23rd December 2006, 21:32
for people outside the UK, how to follow the BTCC in TV ?? without Motors now

Lunaboy
3rd January 2007, 21:35
Hi guy's, a few questions...
Very sad to hear that Motors Tv won't show the races anymore, now i am looking to get ITV on my satellite but do they show a full race day with all support races?
And what about the BTCC coverage, is it good on ITV?

Is there more then one ITV channel because i don't know what channels you have (i'm from Belgium).

This is so sad, i really would give money to see all races on tv like i use too.

Is there any chance that they would change mind about this?

Regards from Belgium and remember, you really have the best touringcar championship in the world!!

LiamM
3rd January 2007, 21:45
ITV have 4 channels named ITV1, ITV2 etc.

This year (and next as far as Im aware) the BTCC is covered on the day it is run. Races 1 and 2 are shown as highlights with race 3 shown live in full (except for advert breaks). It is shown on ITV1. There is also a late night mid-week repeat, usually Tuesday I think. Thats it I'm afraid so far anyway, Alan may have something else up this sleeve tho

Lunaboy
3rd January 2007, 23:51

This year (and next as far as Im aware) the BTCC is covered on the day it is run. Races 1 and 2 are shown as highlights with race 3 shown live in full (except for advert breaks). It is shown on ITV1. There is also a late night mid-week repeat, usually Tuesday I think. Thats it I'm afraid so far anyway, Alan may have something else up this sleeve tho

Thanks, hope that Alan knows a lot of Belgian people watch BTCC on Motors Tv...

Lunaboy
4th January 2007, 20:19

When i take a look at this site http://fr.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php i see lots of TVI's, wich one does the coverage and is it free to air?

MBailey06
4th January 2007, 20:41
Also sometimes during the nights on Wednesdays on ITV1 there were reviews of support races, so thats how I know what happened.

tintin
4th January 2007, 20:43
It was more than just "sometimes" - It was every week for six months.

LiamM
4th January 2007, 22:15
Lunaboy, check your PM

Lunaboy
5th January 2007, 20:46
Lunaboy, check your PM

Thank you, you're very helpfull! Thanks for your time! ;)

LiamM
5th January 2007, 21:11
Anytime

Lunaboy
6th January 2007, 22:09
Found a solution to receive ITV on my excisting satellite, it's this:

Technisat Multytenne

With this antenna you can receive channels from four different satellite's, Astra 1, 2,3 and Hotbird.

Now let's hope that they bring live coverage from all races...

ade t
9th January 2007, 21:53
hindy been in on motors tv forum and he said no one has got the rights to show live btcc yet and he fears that no one will sign the doted line but bbc have said thay are trying to get more motorsport on bbc

LiamM
9th January 2007, 22:18
If your gonna post c##p then make sure its something thats not widely know to be fact!

http://www.btcc.net/html/tvtimetable.php

martinbalmer
9th January 2007, 23:12
Sadly some people make it up as they go along, which then gets picked up by the unsuspecting and passed around as factual information...

...the BTCC remains on ITV1 for 2007.

tintin
9th January 2007, 23:13
http://www.btcc.net/html/tvtimetable.php

That link doesn't tell you anything more than looking at the championship calendar would though :confused:

martinbalmer
9th January 2007, 23:19
That link doesn't tell you anything more than looking at the championship calendar would though :confused:

At the moment, but nearer each event the broadcast time will be given on that page. As it stands it's confirming ITV1 same-day coverage...

LiamM
9th January 2007, 23:33
From the link I posted

'Welcome to the TV Timetable section of btcc.net.

It’s here you can find out when the BTCC will be shown on ITV1 – Britain’s most popular commercial terrestrial television channel.

Click on the race meeting on the left to plan your viewing in advance. Then sit back, tune in and enjoy as the BTCC field does battle on the track in front of millions of TV viewers!'

And its not and old page, as the 2007 calendar is right next to it

15th January 2007, 01:52
To be honest.... My opinion of ITV's commitment to motorsport is very low. As an ex-F1 fan, I have railed for years about too many ad-breaks during ITV's coverage of F1 races amongst other things. Losing Motors TV coverage is going to be a step backwards in terms of depth of coverage, Forget anything except the bare essentials, couple with a lot of self ego stroking.
:(

I noticed further back in this thread some comments about real motorsport fans attending events.... fine as a theory if you work monday to friday.... many dont... something that should be remembered maybe?