PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Special - includes 3 BTCC drivers

bt52b
23rd July 2007, 18:06
Polar Special
Don't miss Top Gear's biggest and coldest ever race.

Wednesday 25, 8pm on BBC Two
and Sunday 29, 8pm on BBC Two
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear

ATF
24th July 2007, 08:29
Which drivers are doing it?

real_illusions
24th July 2007, 09:08
dont think the drivers names have been published yet..but i do know one of them rolls a car..

thompp
24th July 2007, 09:36
Thanks for posting - I will make sure I don't miss it!

Cheers. Pete

SEATFreak
24th July 2007, 10:24
..but i do know one of them rolls a car..

Chilton? I think he's the type who would roll a car :p :

Jona
24th July 2007, 11:06
This was mentioned in this weeks Autosport. I think it is for a future episode not the upcoming polar challange as this would have already been filmed long ago.

Tom Chilton, Matt Neal, Tim Harvey, Rob Huff, Anthony Reid are a few current and ex-BTCC drivers that have been in the show over the years. Theres probably a few others that I cant think of too

Captain VXR
24th July 2007, 17:18
I think Dan Eaves was on the Aygo football

Dickie L'Amour
24th July 2007, 21:54
I don't think these 2 things are connected. I think whatever the BTCC drivers were doing with Top Gear recently was for something else in months to come, maybe autumn. The Polar challenge thing would have been filmed quite a few months ago.

bt52b
25th July 2007, 22:00
I don't think these 2 things are connected. I think whatever the BTCC drivers were doing with Top Gear recently was for something else in months to come, maybe autumn. The Polar challenge thing would have been filmed quite a few months ago.

Looks like you were right. Probably a be little while before the BTCC drivers make their appearance.

tyreman2
25th July 2007, 22:36
I saw 1 large polar bear and 2 small ones I guess that was Matt Neal ,Darren Turner and Jason Hughes in very convincing suits

VkmSpouge
25th July 2007, 23:34
I saw 1 large polar bear and 2 small ones I guess that was Matt Neal ,Darren Turner and Jason Hughes in very convincing suits

Which one was the mother bear and which were the cubs? :p :

SEATFreak
26th July 2007, 15:10
I said it once and I will say it again.

I for one thought it was brill! Dramatic and funny that kept you on the edge of your seat or chair as to what was going to happen next. Seems the bigger the better.

The only downside is at the end Jeremy, James and Richard didn't give two-fingers to the eco-warriors who were opossed to it.

I seriously doubt considering the Hillux is probably the only motorcar that has ever been driven at the North Pole and considering the damage already done by all the cars, lorries and buses that run every day in every large town and city in every country every day it wouldn't have made much more impact to the O-Zone layer.

LiamM
26th July 2007, 19:05
it wouldn't have made much more impact to the O-Zone layer.

Cars don't damage the O-Zone layer, thats CFCs cars add to the levels of Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere, which warms the Earth up

Anyway..
There is 'another' episode on on Sunday night is that a repeat of this one, or another special

bt52b
27th July 2007, 00:15
Repeat I think.

daz90
28th July 2007, 22:16
Hope its the repeat, i forgot all about it last wednesday :(