PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistencies

AndySpeed
20th December 2006, 11:27
Why does the Motorsport.com theme for the forum run adverts down the side of most pages but not the BTCC Pages theme?

I'm not as happy with the inconsistencies around here lately, and also the forum changes such as user details above posts despite the fact that most people want it the other way around.

I may return in 2007.

Storm
20th December 2006, 11:55
Well I don't see the big deal with where the frigging adverts are ?
Profile I do like on the side better but why should that be such a headache?

SuperAguri
20th December 2006, 12:46
Adverts are irritating wherever they are :D

But I put up with it, because it's easy to put up with it, and it isn't really a serious problem

Cole_Trickle
20th December 2006, 12:58
Surely there's worse things wrong with the world?

Dave B
20th December 2006, 14:04
There are a few minor things which still bug me, but I can appreciate how much work Mark has already put into the move and the fact that he may have other things to do - what with it being Christmas, and having a job, and friends and a family.

I'll quit the forum when I can no longer enjoy the conversations and interactions, not when the layout isn't 100% to my taste.

Chill, my friend. :)

555-04Q2
20th December 2006, 14:40
Adverts are a necessary part of the forum. As Dave says, Chill Mon :s mokin:

Fangio
20th December 2006, 18:19
One thing to note is that adverts are hidden in Firefox....just don`t let too many customers know ;)

As far as the new forum I think it`s great...I rarely posted because of the speed of the site.
This is MUCH better. Good work.

I use the the motorsport.com skin so the news and forum are nicely integrated.

Iain
20th December 2006, 20:01
There are a few minor things which still bug me, but I can appreciate how much work Mark has already put into the move and the fact that he may have other things to do - what with it being Christmas, and having a job, and friends and a family.

Well said that man. :up:

Daniel
20th December 2006, 20:16

I'll quit the forum when I can no longer enjoy the conversations and interactions, not when the layout isn't 100% to my taste.

Chill, my friend. :)
Well said also :up:

RWD
20th December 2006, 20:47
if it wasnt for adverts, you might have to dig into your own pocket and pay to post here so quit moaning. I know I havent been around much, but thats due to work etc, and when I logged in today and seen the forum had been brought up to date, was a nice suprise.

martinbalmer
20th December 2006, 21:23
Why does the Motorsport.com theme for the forum run adverts down the side of most pages but not the BTCC Pages theme?

I'm not as happy with the inconsistencies around here lately, and also the forum changes such as user details above posts despite the fact that most people want it the other way around.

I may return in 2007.

With an attitude like that it may be best if you don't :) :p :

Is it really that bad? I mean, that are more important things in life, and it's simple enough to change the theme (the default one is okay for example).

I second, or third, or forth Dave... So take a chill pill and calm down a little, yes?

AndySpeed
20th December 2006, 22:19
I have no problems with adverts as I run my own website with them on - but I don't really understand why one theme is given them and another isn't.

You should all realise that I'm not usually one for moaning around here so I say save that chill pill for the next Pro/Anti-Ferrari/Schumacher member feud. :p :

Daniel
20th December 2006, 22:21
I have no problems with adverts as I run my own website with them on - but I don't really understand why one theme is given them and another isn't.

You should all realise that I'm not usually one for moaning around here so I say save that chill pill for the next Pro/Anti-Ferrari/Schumacher member feud. :p :
Well perhaps I'm just a bit irritated at your moaning considering the fact that I'm the official forum whinger :p

If the ads are in one theme and not another then I'm guessing that Mark hasn't had the time to put them in all of the themes. Do remember that Mark is on the forum during work time so he can't give all of his time to the forum as he does have other things to do :)

BeansBeansBeans
20th December 2006, 23:18
I may return in 2007.

Don't slam the door on the way out, you miserable sod.

Daniel
20th December 2006, 23:19
Don't slam the door on the way out, you miserable sod.
Overreaction of the year? :p

BeansBeansBeans
21st December 2006, 10:00
Overreaction of the year? :p

Whey, threatening to leave the forum because you don't like the layout? As they say in Oily-ville - Do me a favour!

555-04Q2
21st December 2006, 10:05
Whey, threatening to leave the forum because you don't like the layout? As they say in Oily-ville - Do me a favour!

Biff in Back to The Future: "make like a tree and go".

Biffs future self in Back to The Future:"its make like a tree and leave, you idiot".

:laugh: Still cracks me up even today :laugh:

RaceFanStan
21st December 2006, 15:11
I can't believe so many of you missed what Andy REALLY said. :rolleyes:
Andy said he MAY return, not that he was leaving.
Obviously it is a joke & he was baiting some of you.
You guys took it hook, line & sinker ! :laugh:

..... I may return in 2007.

Mark
3rd January 2007, 08:08
It's because I put the adverts in (and then took them away again) on my last day here last year, so I was in a rush, apologies if I may have missed one partner site. Besides the partner styles are far from complete anyway.

Jonesi
4th January 2007, 00:45
My problem with ads are when move or change, drawing a great deal or cycles. I'm on a relatively slow computer (450mhz P3, with Win 98 & Netscape browser), and it's not getting upgraded anytime soon. Even though I recently switched to DSL from dialup, these forums aren't that much faster, so it's particularly annoying when there's a delay and you know it's only so an ad can move, flash, etc. I don't mind the ads just keep them simple/quick.

Mark
8th January 2007, 08:01
No offense but keeping things so that someone with a 450mhz Win98 machine can access not top priority :p

Hazell B
8th January 2007, 19:49
How about my win95? :p :

I manage fine. When I don't, I'll send around my hat for a collection and buy something newer ;)

martinbalmer
8th January 2007, 22:01
My problem with ads are when move or change, drawing a great deal or cycles. I'm on a relatively slow computer (450mhz P3, with Win 98 & Netscape browser), and it's not getting upgraded anytime soon. Even though I recently switched to DSL from dialup, these forums aren't that much faster, so it's particularly annoying when there's a delay and you know it's only so an ad can move, flash, etc. I don't mind the ads just keep them simple/quick.

To be fair, quite a lot of the World Wide Web seems slow with such a specification as that... And the forum is quick compared to many places online (ads here are simple usually) where pages can take ages to render up on much much faster equipment!