PDA

View Full Version : Mike Kyriakides

23rd July 2007, 14:07
Hi

I'm posting this on behalf of Oli, who is 16 and is involed in Karting. He has just met a guy in Cyprus called Mike Kyriakides who claims to have been involved in Formula 1 racing. This Mike has promised Oli a number of things including 2 Karts and a van to keep them in. This all sounds too good to be true. Has anyone here heard of Mike Kyriades and can vouch for him? I need an answer very quickly. Please help
Delia (Oli's Grandma)

Dave B
23rd July 2007, 14:10
This all sounds too good to be true.
I think that if you need to ask, you already know the answer.

23rd July 2007, 16:28
I think that if you need to ask, you already know the answer.

I just found out from my son that this 'Mike Kyriakides' test-drove Lotus cars.I've googled his name, but nothing has come up. So, yeah...I guess you're right - if it seems too good to be true then it probably is.
But....if anyone knows anything about this guy..........?
Delia

Easy Drifter
23rd July 2007, 18:56
You might want to run this by the local police. Sounds funny to me.

wmcot
24th July 2007, 07:19
Never heard of him! You might want to check the sex offender list in your area???

wmcot
24th July 2007, 07:23
A person named C. Kyriakides finished 2nd in the 1970 Cyprus rally driving a Mercedes, but that's as close as I can find.

Valve Bounce
24th July 2007, 07:57
Dear Grandma,

While this is not a karting forum, nevrtheless, I just don't want to see your grandson end up where he shouldn't. So go to this link, and you can ask for information from these people. http://www.karting.co.uk/

If you still need more guidance, I will contact, on your behalf, a good friend who brought his son up through the karting ranks to be an F1 driver.

Mark
24th July 2007, 08:53
Oh it's this thread again. Nice troll.

ChrisS
24th July 2007, 22:26
Is this the same troll that was posting a while ago about her daughter dating a guy that claimed he was a driver in F1? I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and I'll try to help.

The GM of Cyprus AA is called Takis Kyriakides, thats the only one I can think of.

I'm quite sure there never was a Cypriot involved in F1 as a driver (racer or tester)

D-Type
25th July 2007, 12:17
Remember that historically F1 races extended outside the World championship qualifiers, I can think of the British Aurora series, the South African National series and various other non championship races. Also, before BCE copyrighted the term. 'Formula 1' was also used for other series: stock cars in Britain, national series in Brazil and Argentina, etc.

Assuming this poster is genuine, which Mark and ChrisS appear to have doubts about, could MK have driven in one of these? I think it more probable that, if he exists, MK was a fringe player at Lotus - an employee in the factory who occasionally got to shake down a F3, FA or FF Lotus at Hethel and once sat in a F1 car to steer it when it was being pushed from A to B or something like that.

If this is a genuine query, it might be worth raising it on one of the more established forums where ex-Lotus employees are members.

26th July 2007, 16:43
Hi all
Thanks for all the info and advice.
I got quite a few things wrong in my panic to protect my grandson, but his parents have it sorted.