PDA

View Full Version : INDY and George dump F1 for Motogp....

markabilly
23rd July 2007, 04:58
:eek: Now we know the sudden about face--F1 was DUMPED after George had made other arrnagments, even as Bernie had announced at one point that F1 would return for at least one more year...well suprize me not...there will be more people there for Motogp PLUS they will be passing and racing based on skill and not merely who has the best car with the best engineer....problem for F1 is that no one, not even the women buy off on the concept that F1 is actually racing between drivers...it is more like a contest of machines in far too many races (unless it rains..)

leopard
23rd July 2007, 05:49
Again, 1f they have more interest on motogp they should allow more classes 125 and 250 cc wholeheartedly before the motogp class running. ;)

ChrisS
23rd July 2007, 09:28
Again, 1f they have more interest on motogp they should allow more classes 125 and 250 cc wholeheartedly before the motogp class running. ;)

they will at indy

PA Rick
25th July 2007, 03:04
Only an idiot would trade an F1 date for a motogp date.
Oh, wait, he did.

leopard
25th July 2007, 04:01
Not now

call_me_andrew
25th July 2007, 08:47
We've all known about this for a long time now. Where have you been?

Bernie wanted more money to come to the U.S. because it's so far out of the way of the usual F1 schedual *COUGH* INDIA *COUGH* EUROPE *COUGH* and we're just so damn far away from Canada. While that may sound like a bitter explanation of a story, Bernie did say that in a pre-race interview at Indy. Tony George told him exactly what he can do with this weekend (and a life time supply of chocolate).

leopard
25th July 2007, 09:04
we are fine here, but have a problem for missing a country named COUGH from the map

ShiftingGears
25th July 2007, 10:39
TG couldn't pay Bernie...

ChrisS
25th July 2007, 10:46
Only an idiot would trade an F1 date for a motogp date.

Why is that?

MotoGP will attract about the same number of people at the track as F1, ticket prices will be about the same and though I don't know the details I'm sure Dorna (MotoGP's promoter) wont want as much money as Bernie

As a track owner TG will make more from MotoGP than he did from F1

jso1985
25th July 2007, 22:13
:eek: Now we know the sudden about face--F1 was DUMPED after George had made other arrnagments, even as Bernie had announced at one point that F1 would return for at least one more year...well suprize me not...there will be more people there for Motogp PLUS they will be passing and racing based on skill and not merely who has the best car with the best engineer....problem for F1 is that no one, not even the women buy off on the concept that F1 is actually racing between drivers...it is more like a contest of machines in far too many races (unless it rains..)

I still wonder why people who doesn't like F1 tries to whole bloody time to prove that their favourite motorsport is actually doing some harm to F1...

yeah right... like it or not F1 is a bigger sport and bussiness than WRC, MotoGP and CC alltogether so any track owner would prefer F1 first.

As long as I know the MotoGp round was negotiated way before Bernie decided to axe the USGP, so technically George was wanting to have both.

and MotoGp only based on skill and not the best bike or enginner? :rotlmao:!! with equal machinery Rossi would have won all races this year! you can't deny having the best bike on the grid and that Honda and Yamaha are messing up big time is helping Stoner

Ranger
26th July 2007, 00:59
and MotoGp only based on skill and not the best bike or enginner? :rotlmao:!! with equal machinery Rossi would have won all races this year! you can't deny having the best bike on the grid and that Honda and Yamaha are messing up big time is helping Stoner

Yeah! So is flattening his team-mate (who's 10th or so in the standings) who has actually acheived something in MotoGP (a bit unlike Rossi's team-mate). :\ Rossi knows a fair bit about having the best engineer in JB. Fact is, all championships in any motorsport are a mix of talent, luck and good technical support so don't be the pot calling the kettle black.

But that's for another forum.

Bernie obviously charges the higher fees and TG wouldn't or couldn't pay him, though they are looking for a resolution. Fact also is that at the moment, there is more interest and local support for a sport that has 5 American riders, 3 of whom are in top seats, 1 of which is reigning world champion, than there is for a series which has a single American driver in a pretty backmarking Toro Rosso.

So the decision to host MotoGP instead of F1 certainly wouldn't be dumb to me. Besides, in doing so, MotoGP has managed to host 2 American rounds that the manufacturers in F1 covet. Certainly no loss.

Komahawk
26th July 2007, 14:13
Say, isn't F1 actually rather desperate to have races in North America? I've read somewhere that in 2005 the F1 events with the worldwide highest TV ratings were the GPs in Canada and the USA, followed by Brazil. It seems that even today most of the worlwide F1 viewers are in Europe, and when it's 2 P.M. EDT it's prime time in Europe. The races with the worst ratings were the ones in eastern Asia.
Shouldn't F1 actually try to get more races on their schedule in North America?

truefan72
26th July 2007, 16:44
Say, isn't F1 actually rather desperate to have races in North America? I've read somewhere that in 2005 the F1 events with the worldwide highest TV ratings were the GPs in Canada and the USA, followed by Brazil. It seems that even today most of the worlwide F1 viewers are in Europe, and when it's 2 P.M. EDT it's prime time in Europe. The races with the worst ratings were the ones in eastern Asia.
Shouldn't F1 actually try to get more races on their schedule in North America?

that would be too logical for Bernie and besides, he wouldn't be able to hold organizers and the country ransom, like he did with France and Australia. He also won't be able to demand an unreasonable fee like he got from Valencia, Singapore and fromr exotc non F1 markets

It is a shame how one's man's greed ( bernie) and another man's messionic complex ( mosley) are jointly ruining the greatest racing series on earth.

The pod races on Nabu claim the terrestial flag on that ;)