PDA

View Full Version : Well done Chigley

darknessrock
22nd July 2007, 22:38
Nice to see Ian up there on his own :) ,,, never before have I seen such experienced flag-juggling! What with green, yellow, black/orange, yellow/red & the 5 minute board all up at around the same time at one point!!! Well done Chigley :)
(sure i heard the shout of "where the hell's Al")

Forum Buddy
22nd July 2007, 22:43
I Second that.

Well done Chigley, you worked hard, like all the marshals, you had a busy weekend guys and girls, thanks for all efforts, on and all.

Al_Green
22nd July 2007, 23:42
And the answer is... Al's up to his eyeballs trying to keep the rail-using public informed about which bits of the network have not yet sunk into the lost city of Atlantis (aka Gloucester), and how the city folk are going to get to work on Monday morning (because everyone knows that's an absolutely essential journey, obviously). I know where I would have rather been...

Anyway, apologies Ian, well done, and I'll be back in August, weather permitting.

Al

racing59
23rd July 2007, 00:58
Newsflash.

Virgin Trains to be renamed Virgin Barges, as Branson shells out millions for new state of the art narrowboats, and shire horses with purpose made waders....all to be in place and in use by 0600 Monday morning.

"we expect to see improvements in journey times over our previous services as the horses will be fed with boiled egg and brussel sprout vindaloo before setting off"

They also added that the cheapest fares (2nd class) were for the seats at the front of the barge.

End of newsflash.

EarWig
23rd July 2007, 10:09
Now I have stopped laughing I can say "Class Act Rob as usual - where do you get your material?"

Ray

racing59
23rd July 2007, 11:00
It's spontaneous. Called wit! (as Edmund Blackadder once said)

shuz7
23rd July 2007, 11:01
Now I have stopped laughing I can say "Class Act Rob as usual - where do you get your material?"

Ray

Considering how late he goes to bed I think he surfs the internet. He's been the same since i've known him and thats 12 years.

Speedworx
23rd July 2007, 22:17
Great job Chigley.

Chigley
24th July 2007, 13:22
Thank you guys, it's gratifying to be appreciated but what I did was only the visible part of an effort of everyone looking after each other and working as a team. More than once RC bailed me out when I had lost the plot.

However this weekend has highlighted an unseen menace that is more lethal than anything else that may or may not have happened. It is unknown to most but the racing at Rockingham is threatened by a lack of marshals. We are severely short on numbers and it is becoming a reality that a MSA steward could refuse to grant permission on the grounds of safety for any racing because the circuit is inadequately manned.

We ended up with posts being manned single handed in the main with safety crews who were themselves manning posts having to provide back up. One post was manned single handed by a star who had no probans, experience or training; IMO this is not desirable nor particularly safe.

What I am asking for, is for those of you who spectate and have a desire to be further involved to help us out by giving consideration to join the orange mob. In doing so even if you only marshal at Rockingham you will ease the burden considerably and give more leeway to the officials and programme. Outside of the official training we could give on the job training by pairing people up with the more experienced marshals; at present this can't happen because we struggle to achieve one per post. The ideal MINIMUM for each post is 3 where we have an observer, a flag marshal and at least a course marshal.

I know I keep banging this drum but Rome wasn't built in a day, but it fell down darn quickly when the rot started. If you can help please PM me. You only have to be enthusiastic and reasonably fit, as long as you don't need a zimmer (like me) age isn't a problem. At 16+ you can help in the pits and paddock and 18+ to be on "the bank".

Here endeth today's epistle.

Ian

Sticker Rub
28th July 2007, 16:56
At 16+ you can help in the pits and paddock and 18+ to be on "the bank".
I believe with the recent reorganisation you can now go on the bank at 16+

darknessrock
29th July 2007, 23:11
I'd love to help.. but as the boys are big fans it makes it difficult,,, you just can't leave a 10 year old on his own in the stands....

dah
29th July 2007, 23:29
wish i could help but i really am a photographer and couldnt miss out on taking my photos on the day