PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage?

drewdawg727
22nd July 2007, 18:46
Did they move channels on me? ABC is playing golf, ESPN is doing bowling, and ESPN2 is doing softball.

gm99
22nd July 2007, 18:54
Evidently, they delayed the start of the race until the golf game on ABC is finished...

I guess this says all about the state of open-wheel racing in the States - I cannot imagine F1 postponing the start of a race until the end of a polo game or whatever...

drewdawg727
22nd July 2007, 18:55
Ah, i see. What a shame.

BobbyC
22nd July 2007, 19:00
NASCAR actually delayed the start of a Chase race in 2004 because of the Southern Cal-Notre Dame gridiron match.

Jonesi
22nd July 2007, 19:01
Race is moved to ESPN should start in a couple of minutes.

Just started there.

BobbyC
22nd July 2007, 19:05
The race is also being delayed because of traffic jams at the track. They are working to get more gates opened to let the fans in, so this delay is also good for the spectators who are stuck so they can enter the track.

Civic
22nd July 2007, 19:49
I set my VCR to ABC since that's what TV Guide had listed as the channel for the race. And now it's on ESPN? I thought the Champ Car race was on ESPN?

I have nothing to do when I get home from work now that I have no race to watch. Maybe I'll just wash my car instead...

Jag_Warrior
22nd July 2007, 20:28
I set my VCR to ABC since that's what TV Guide had listed as the channel for the race. And now it's on ESPN? I thought the Champ Car race was on ESPN?

I have nothing to do when I get home from work now that I have no race to watch. Maybe I'll just wash my car instead...

Save the tape and maybe fast forwrd some. The race apparently went back & forth between ABC & ESPN. It's back on ABC as of 3PM ET.

ABC/ESPN managed to pizz off CCWS and IRL fans all at the same time today. They're just that good.

Jonesi
22nd July 2007, 21:35
why
Save the tape and maybe fast forwrd some. The race apparently went back & forth between ABC & ESPN. It's back on ABC as of 3PM ET.

ABC/ESPN managed to pizz off CCWS and IRL fans all at the same time today. They're just that good.

I don't know why they have "pizz off CCWS" this time, their race started on time on channel. They just substituted the start of the IRL race for the scheduled Boxing lead in.

Jag_Warrior
23rd July 2007, 00:27
why

I don't know why they have "pizz off CCWS" this time, their race started on time on channel. They just substituted the start of the IRL race for the scheduled Boxing lead in.

Fear of the unknown spreads like wildfire sometimes. And past experience with ESPN has taught people to go for the pitchforks and torches at the first sign of trouble.

DavePI2
23rd July 2007, 01:01
I just returned from the race. My best weekend ever for racing. Was there all three days. Fantastic experience. Now surprise surprise I find out that the first 40 laps arn't on the tape I put in the recorder. I know the race was delayed for golf, we all were talking about it in grandstand 2, but at least they could rerun it in it's entirety for us to watch. Switching networks is totally unacceptable. Does anyone know of any plans to possibly rerun the race on tape as the michigan race was last year. Once again , great race, huge crowd(been to midohio many times this is the biggest by far) and a great weekend with the family. Hopefully IRL will see fit to return , considering the size of most of their other crowds I think it would make sense too. Also great view of start where I was at, right at the entrance to the esses. Also could probably see more of the track there then any other place at the track.

David