PDA

View Full Version : August 16th-18th

Hazell B
21st July 2007, 20:46
That's my guess when the UK will have it's official sunny summer.

In April I was worried about drought and having already used all of May and some of June's water store, panic was setting in a bit here. Now we're flooded again :p :

So, shake out you bikinis for August 16th to 18th and look forward to summer. I promise, it'll be then! :up:

AndySpeed
21st July 2007, 20:47
Snetterton is usually sunny, so I put my money on Sunday 29th July :p :

I shan't promise more than a day, though.

Hazell B
21st July 2007, 21:01
Snetterton is usually sunny ....

That it is. I once spent half of race day afternoon under my (very high) Land Rover snoozing in the only bit of shade left on the whole track, until some semi-evil team boy sent me a text saying how nice his air con was in the hotel. Talk about mean .... I was stuck on regulo 10 with Rat fan nattering about running out of sun cream :p :

allycat228
21st July 2007, 23:12
I must admit where i am in cumbria it has not been so bad so far, it usually rains this time of the year we have a religious convention on

Drew
22nd July 2007, 01:25
December 25th, we can all have barbies on the beach ozzie style :p :

CarlMetro
22nd July 2007, 02:33
Snetterton is usually sunny, so I put my money on Sunday 29th July :p :

I shan't promise more than a day, though.

Usually being the operative word. Snetterton has always been guarenteed sunburn until a couple of years ago when, after a particularly hot previous year, I turned up in shorts and almost froze to death :s

Personally I think summer has been cancelled this year. Global warming my arse :p :

jim mcglinchey
22nd July 2007, 09:26
I'd love to see all of the arses who predicted the hottest summer ever put on mopping-up duties round the country.

Dave B
22nd July 2007, 10:50
I remember a particularly adventurous ice cream van driver squeezing down between the garages and trucks at Snetterton a few years back :eek:

Sadly I'll be about a hundred miles further north that weekend, so will miss it this year :(

August 16th - 18th, you say? Inclusive?

Ian McC
22nd July 2007, 11:15
Sadly I'll be about a hundred miles further north that weekend, so will miss it this year :(

I also wont make this year, family bbq during the day then off to see Frank Skinner in the evening

Hazell B
24th July 2007, 18:42
August 16th - 18th, you say? Inclusive?

Ever the optimist, I say it is indeed inclusive :)

But I may be wrong :(

RaikkonenRules
24th July 2007, 19:39
It's been very sunny today where I live but it's also been windy :(

stevie_gerrard
24th July 2007, 23:59
So, shake out you bikinis for August 16th to 18th and look forward to summer. I promise, it'll be then! :up:

I'd love it to be then, i'm in wales on business during a couple of them days, and then it's the V festival on the 18th and 19th :D

Saying that though, the amount of rain we have had...... :/

schmenke
25th July 2007, 15:39
Been hot and sunny here for the last couple of weeks.
Although the forecast high for today is a relatively cool 22 deg. C ...perfect weather for a nice stroll through the meadows... :s mokin: