PDA

View Full Version : This weekend...

cjhill2002
21st July 2007, 16:37
I'm guessing the SCSA entry list is as follows....

Colin White
Hunter Abbott
Keith White
Chris Robinson
Duncan Gray
Rob Compton
John Steward
Tony Hurdle
Lee O Keefe
Shane Brereton
Carl Boardley???

Hope its not too wet so we dont see any SCSA racing again. That would leave only 2 decent races on the programme.

car20
21st July 2007, 16:43
9 cars just had a 20 lap race race today col white won carl completed 6 laps

http://www.msttiming.com/thunder/2007/72967.pdf

no chris robinson or shane

looks like keith and carl had probs

hope all 11 will be out tommorow just about to set off to go down (spend overnight so go there early)

JDPower
21st July 2007, 16:51
9 cars just had a 20 lap race race today col white won carl completed 6 laps
Thanks for posting, was literally just leaving to go watch the race (as it was scheduled for 5:30 and no different had been posted here) :rolleyes:

car20
21st July 2007, 16:57
yep I know i have a 4hr 1/2 drive so lucky i didnt go down for then shouldv'e just had a longer race tommorow! and double the points, but that is just my thought!

cjhill2002
21st July 2007, 17:06
hmm, shame only 9 went out, hope we will have a full grid tommorow.
Well done CW

Tiesse
21st July 2007, 18:12
Where were Shane Brereton & Chris Robinson? I see from the MST qualifying & race 1 that there is no mention of them. Are they at Rockingham this weekend or are they just racing Sunday?

turn 4 mad
21st July 2007, 20:33
Where were Shane Brereton & Chris Robinson? I see from the MST qualifying & race 1 that there is no mention of them. Are they at Rockingham this weekend or are they just racing Sunday?

chris robinson is not racing this weekend due to funds, lee o'keefe is driving the #99 and is fast, as is tony, shane, will be out there and carl boardley, list so far
colin white
keith white
hunter abbott
john steward
tony hurdle
lee o'keefe
rob compton
duncan gray
shane brereton
carl boadrley

Stuart26
21st July 2007, 20:33
I got to the track at about 2.30 and it looked as if Shanes car was just coming out of the hauler.
Lee O Keefe was driving the 99 car.
Carl's cat 41 looks well turned out hope he has better luck Sunday

Cheers
Stuart

Stuart26
21st July 2007, 20:34
I got to the track at about 2.30 and it looked as if Shanes car was just coming out of the hauler.
Lee O Keefe was driving the 99 car.
Carl's cat 41 looks well turned out hope he has better luck Sunday

Cheers
Stuart

The CAR looks good too,

racing59
21st July 2007, 21:59
I feel for Shane, he's not well, and it took them 13 hours to get to Rockingham.

Colin was en-route much the same - both had trouble getting there due to the M5 being flooded.

Hopefully, he'll feel better tomorrow, and be out there with us.

Carl had problems getting the car to rev. All sorted now.

I've never driven on a "drying" Rockingham, and it was a "wa-hey" experience at times... Confidence comes with experience.

See you all tomorrow.

Rob.

Reynard
21st July 2007, 23:20
Thanks for posting, was literally just leaving to go watch the race (as it was scheduled for 5:30 and no different had been posted here) :rolleyes:

The race was rescheduled on the fly because of an impending rainstorm - the rain did arrive, but about an hour later than forecast. And boy, did it hose it down... :eek:

Basically the V8's did qualifying, then sent them all back out straight away to race. I just had about enough time to gallop through the tunnel to the outside of T1!!!

Colin arrived at Rockingham at around 11:30 this morning - and kudos to the team to actually get three cars out there and race. :up:

Well done to Colin for the race win! :) Though I can say that the trophy didn't make the most comfortable of hats... :laugh:

The Pits!
22nd July 2007, 16:04
Working in Broom (Near Stratford/Evesham in Warwickshire) and living in Cheltenham, we had just a little rain!

Got trapped at work (lift to work as SWMBO was picking me up to travel on to the meeting), had to stay overnight at a local B&B so didn't make it back to Cheltenham until late Saturday (Son#1 picked me up, normal 1/2hr journey = 4hrs!).
Then more rain = more naff roads, which are the same that I have to use to get to the Rock, so no Oval for me this weekend! :(
See you in August............I hope!

The Pits!
22nd July 2007, 16:06
it was a little damp!

Al_Green
22nd July 2007, 16:40
Having been on the edge of the trouble in Doncaster a few weeks ago (see the photo of our village station), all I can say is look after yourselves, and we're thinking of you

Al

Forum Buddy
22nd July 2007, 21:20
I'm very disappointed for the SCSA Drivers and Teams, and fans.

It was not necessary to miss the sunshine and dry for their race.

A big mistake was by race organisers in my opinion.

I will be writing an email of complaint, to BRSCC to show my distaste, of what they showed towards SCSA for the last race delay/original timing and they should not have been treated in this way.

We could see the black clouds gathering before the PUT's and I think to swop them around, would not have hurt.

This really is not good for SCSA. It's bad for drivers after some of them being stuck on M5 for all that time and not able to drive again due to rain.

Disgusting is what I believe, and I have been a supporter and member from day one. This will be my last year as a member if this is the why to treat SCSA after their work and efforts.

I really only come for Oval racing, I put up with the infield, because I have to, but SCSA and PUT is all I really am interested in.

Stuart26
22nd July 2007, 21:32
Please dont stop being a member bedause i am sure some people would just love to hear that talk.
Keep the faith hopefully one day it will be rosey

The Pits!
22nd July 2007, 22:06
Having been on the edge of the trouble in Doncaster a few weeks ago (see the photo of our village station), all I can say is look after yourselves, and we're thinking of you

Al
thats a canal not a road, eh al?

cjhill2002
22nd July 2007, 22:18
I'm very disappointed for the SCSA Drivers and Teams, and fans.

It was not necessary to miss the sunshine and dry for their race.

A big mistake was by race organisers in my opinion.

I will be writing an email of complaint, to BRSCC to show my distaste, of what they showed towards SCSA for the last race delay/original timing and they should not have been treated in this way.

We could see the black clouds gathering before the PUT's and I think to swop them around, would not have hurt.

This really is not good for SCSA. It's bad for drivers after some of them being stuck on M5 for all that time and not able to drive again due to rain.

Disgusting is what I believe, and I have been a supporter and member from day one. This will be my last year as a member if this is the why to treat SCSA after their work and efforts.

I really only come for Oval racing, I put up with the infield, because I have to, but SCSA and PUT is all I really am interested in.

Totally agree with everything you say there. They said over the PA that they knew at 9am that rain was due to arrive at 4:30 so why the hell didnt they swap them around? Was there a valid reason for this?

Tiesse
22nd July 2007, 23:16
Just to get back on a positive train of thought. Shane Brereton deserves a lot of credit for his drive in this morning's race. He started the race from the pit lane & at the green flag was at least 3/4 of a lap off the rear of the pack. To finish a credible 6th is to his credit.....well done!

Also, once again the PUTs stole the show. How many leaders on that last race?

Also, as a side issue, nice to see Craig Jones back again. He is incredible & could have shown the guys at last weekend's stunt show a thing or two!

Reynard
22nd July 2007, 23:20
Also, as a side issue, nice to see Craig Jones back again. He is incredible & could have shown the guys at last weekend's stunt show a thing or two!

I could watch this guy perform all day. He's also very easy on the eye! ;)

Tiesse
22nd July 2007, 23:31
I could watch this guy perform all day. He's also very easy on the eye! ;)

Unfortunately, as a definate hetrosexual male, I was referring to his stunts! However, should my wife have been with us today, I am sure she would agree with you.

V8 FAN
22nd July 2007, 23:45
Totally agree with everything you say there. They said over the PA that they knew at 9am that rain was due to arrive at 4:30 so why the hell didnt they swap them around? Was there a valid reason for this?

May be if we all Email the BRSCC and show them just how much support the SCSA V8's have!!! They may realise what they have instead of treating them this way. If we dont show the SCSA V8 teams and drivers some support! they might start thinking thats its not worth all the hassle and expense!!!! what's an email cost at the end of the day...some of you helped SKID with alot more than that if i remember.

Come on people, the SCSA need our support NOW! ENQUIRES@BRSCC.co.uk

LessThanSte
23rd July 2007, 00:12
From what i gather though, BRSCC are no more concerned about V8's than they are, say, the Jedi's or Caterhams. The trucks are the number 1 series and everything revolves around them.

Agree with Tiesse for sure.

Some other points though. There were at least 2 or 3 instances today where either yellows didnt come out or were very very slow to come out. Why?

The two i can remember, a white truck, cant remember who, stopping on the inside of turn 3. OK, it was out of the way by being next to the wall but, such is oval racing, an incident like the first lap wreck could have easily collided with it.

Secondly, Steve Dobb's spin. Spotters were shouting to there drivers 'yes there is a wreck on track but no yellow yet' for a good 20 seconds or so, best part of a lap. As soon as any car spins/wrecks no track a yellow should be straight out. Race Control, take notice please, its safety at stake!

V8 FAN
23rd July 2007, 00:18
[quote="LessThanSte"]From what i gather though, BRSCC are no more concerned about V8's than they are, say, the Jedi's or Caterhams. The trucks are the number 1 series and everything revolves around them.

Really? please tell more! you seem to know something?

racing59
23rd July 2007, 00:30
Just to get back on a positive train of thought. Shane Brereton deserves a lot of credit for his drive in this morning's race. He started the race from the pit lane & at the green flag was at least 3/4 of a lap off the rear of the pack. To finish a credible 6th is to his credit.....well done!

Also, once again the PUTs stole the show. How many leaders on that last race?

To finish 6th, then get out of the car an collapse with exhaustion!! Shane has been suffering with a nasty flu-like virus, and yesterday when he got there after a 15 hour drive, he looked worse than death warmed up! I'd say star of the meeting.

We didn't get a chance to steal the show.

Caterhams, you know where the gate is............

BRSCC Officals, understand (no please - just understand!), V8 Trophy and PuT racing at Rockingham is a spectator led entertainment. Caterham racing is a competitor led, manufacturer backed (of course) whim. Fill the stands, and you will understand who comes first.

racing59
23rd July 2007, 00:46
From what i gather though, BRSCC are no more concerned about V8's than they are, say, the Jedi's or Caterhams. The trucks are the number 1 series and everything revolves around them.

Really? please tell more! you seem to know something?

It's quite simple - economics - Sonny Howard markets the Pickup Truck series very well indeed. He has kept it together under his control, and pays his kings ransom for the track time. Because he presents 20+ trucks each time, in a well oiled machine, there is no doubt that it is favoured over the V8's.

Let's face it though, what was Rockingham built for? Indycar (now Champcar) and NASCAR.

We (the V8's) are the BRSCC's "newest" series. We have a good ally in Drew Furlong, he see's what we want to do. There are others in the BRSCC who see our potential, and the potential of Rockingham as a top flight entertainment venue. For entertainment, read: V8's, PuT's, and a single seater formula to run on the oval (like Champcar, but British based with Morris Oxford engines or something). It has to be a "day out". The creche needs to be reopened for familys to come back, somewhere for the kids to go when they're bored, and they get bored quickly. The funfair, maybe some bands, and big car-club events.

Last week's "Hot Stunts/French Car Show" should have featured some racing on the Oval. People would have loved it, and maybe we would have enticed some to come back again, and again.

Next year, if I had the clout, I'd say steal Truckfest from Peterborough (I did hear that it was going to Newark next year - but unconfirmed), and the Vauxhall Bedford Owners Association (incorporates a multitude of Vauxhall/Opel/Bedford clubs) National Day which is currently held at Billing Aquadrome, but has out grown it, and many people voice concerns about the weather and the state of the site when it's wet. Rockingham could handle both shows with ease, and put on cracking Oval only race meetings to a packed audience.

And I'd get the telly there. None of this 4am on Sky channel 24087297624, but get a proper mainstream channel on board.

It needs the mass media behind it. There are people who live in Corby that don't know what goes on there. There are people in Kettering that have never heard of it (probably can't read those big brown signs on the A43!).

I've had enough for one day. 0-dark-hundred hours, and I've been at it all day since 5:30am.

It's goodnight from me,

And goodnight from him.

Rob.