PDA

View Full Version : Did Hamilton broke his leg? awful accident

rohanweb
21st July 2007, 14:19
Did Hamilton broke his leg?
awful accident though?

clearly as it shown its nothing to do with his driving but the tyres failed..
if LH cant drive tomorrow this is bad for his championship..

Alonso must be laughing his way today...

Dave B
21st July 2007, 14:26
It was a wheel gun failure, according to Ron.

I doubt that Alonso finds it remotely funny.

Corny
21st July 2007, 14:28
I hope not! But I don't think there's something wrong with his leg(s), he was moving them after the crash, that's not something you do when you just broke your leg..

We'll see, I hope he can start tomorrow

rohanweb
21st July 2007, 14:29
the guy who fitted the right front failed to check it manually that the wheel is fit and secured ( well this isnt the pitstop where you will have no time to do that ) the mechanic should be sacked.

as LH struggled to come off the car, i am sure many viewers had worse fears!

Flat.tyres
21st July 2007, 14:34
the guy who fitted the right front failed to check it manually that the wheel is fit and secured ( well this isnt the pitstop where you will have no time to do that ) the mechanic should be sacked.

Link Please.

Good lord, a failure from a gun and the crows are circleing. How the F*ck can a mechanic check it. Youre talking rubbish mate :rolleyes:

Hope Lewis is OK and lets pray he can race tomorrow. Bad G impact.

Ian McC
21st July 2007, 14:36
Ron has just said no borken bones or injuries which is great news.

Dave B
21st July 2007, 14:38

You're talking crap. With respect.

Allyc85
21st July 2007, 14:39
no

Ian McC
21st July 2007, 14:45
I guess it may depend on if he has any neck or head injuries so we may not know until tomorrow morning if he will race.

Hendersen
21st July 2007, 14:50
Hamilton was "due" for some bag luck, had to happen sooner or later. All the other top drivers had their share of it this year. There is a really good side to all of this: we can finally see hamilton's resolve when he isn;'t in a good positon.

He obviously didn't break a leg as what kind of moron would stand on a borken leg? Heh. I think he will be back. He hit fairly hard but with no broken boneshe should be good to go.

Ranger
21st July 2007, 14:50
No Broken bones, which is good. He just may have a spinal concussion or similar trauma or shock related injury that may prevent him taking place in the race tomorrow, a la Ralf at Indy 2005.

F1MAN2007
21st July 2007, 14:51
The important thing is that Lewis is fine, no hurt just staying at medical centre for observation time and hope tomorrow he will be fine.

F1MAN2007
21st July 2007, 14:53
Kimmi had the same failure with Mclaren in 2005?!

Dave B
21st July 2007, 15:00
Kimi (one "m") had a suspension failure. Similar to watch, but utterly unrelated and irrelavant. :rolleyes:

Racehound
21st July 2007, 15:01

according to Whitmarsh the mechanic pulled the safety catch AFTER the nut was gunned to the correct position:....as opposed to the correct torque, because he also indirectly stated that the safety cover CANNOT be pulled (to its correct position to ensure the wheel cant fall off!!!) UNLESS the nut is tightened to its correct strength!!!!..........I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ARE TALKING ALREADY THAT LEWIS MIGHT!!!!! RACE TOMMORROW!!!!!!!!!???????????

Daniel
21st July 2007, 15:03

With all due respect (none in your case) you're talking out of your bottom.

On another note. Are you Mark Blundell by any chance? The English wot you use is similar to wot he uses.

Racehound
21st July 2007, 15:03
????under "observation" for "a couple of hours"??????(steve ryder)....they gotta be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F1MAN2007
21st July 2007, 15:04
Kimi (one "m") had a suspension failure. Similar to watch, but utterly unrelated and irrelavant. :rolleyes:

Cool man!! I was refering only to the accident (like you said : similar to watch) not on mechanical issues. :p :

rohanweb
21st July 2007, 15:07
ooppsss..I am no taking crap ( i thought this is a discussion forum, if i made a wrong point you put up a right answer to it )

well.. the 150mph knock did made him count stand on his own at the car, but at that time its acceptable, I am sure he can race,
& I Hope it rains tomorrow..

Go Lewis !!!

Racehound
21st July 2007, 15:07
Kimmi had the same failure with Mclaren in 2005?!
because he BADLY flat spotted a front tyre early after his 1 and only pit stop and then ran 30 odd laps with a BADLY VIBRATING front left supension, which eventually failed 2 laps from the finish!

Daniel
21st July 2007, 15:08
because he BADLY flat spotted a front tyre early after his 1 and only pit stop and then ran 30 odd laps with a BADLY VIBRATING front left supension, which eventually failed 2 laps from the finish!!!!!........(Finish........Finnish!!!!..... do ya get it?????)
Calm down ffs. You're going to give yourself a heart attack.....

Dave B
21st July 2007, 15:08
????under "observation" for "a couple of hours"??????(steve ryder)....they gotta be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I'm sure you know more about the situation than the trained doctors at the circuit. Why don't you tell us? :dozey:

Racehound
21st July 2007, 15:09
because he BADLY flat spotted a front tyre early after his 1 and only pit stop and then ran 30 odd laps with a BADLY VIBRATING front left supension, which eventually failed 2 laps from the finish!!!!!........(Finish........Finnish!!!!..... do ya get it?????)
yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................Fernando to the title boys and girls!!!

Daniel
21st July 2007, 15:11
yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................Fernando to the title boys and girls!!!
Are you drunk? Stop replying to yourself man. :mark:

Dave B
21st July 2007, 15:11
You can tell that the schools have broken up, can't you? :rolleyes:

Daniel
21st July 2007, 15:13
Have a look in his profile. You'll be surprised :mark:

Hendersen
21st July 2007, 15:16
He did flat spot at least once. In fact, I think he was flat spotting several seconds before the incident even ocurred. He has a bad habit of flat spotting his tyres.

Zico
21st July 2007, 15:22
NO FECKIN WAY... !!!!!!!!!!!!! GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, not aimed at anyone in particular, just wanted to show how silly the CAPS and multi explanation marks make you look...

...oh, and give Rohan a break, even if he is wrong.

Is Lewis's car repairable in time? If he does race in the spare car wont he be starting from the pitlane?

ArrowsFA1
21st July 2007, 15:26
As Dave has already said Kimi's incident is utterly unrelated and irrelavant to what happened to Hamilton today.

Fortunately it seems Lewis is ok :up: and hopefully will be fit enough to race tomorrow.

slinkster
21st July 2007, 15:27
Poor Lewis.. Glad to here he's alright though. I worried when I saw the stretcher that he'd damaged his legs or feet.

I hope he can race tomorrow... but even if not, I'm just thankful he's okay. He can still pull back from this slip up I'm sure. :)

Racehound
21st July 2007, 15:29
Well I'm sure you know more about the situation than the trained doctors at the circuit. Why don't you tell us? :dozey:
HEY DAVE!!!!!OPEN YOUR FU**IN EYES!!!!!!!!!!.....when you saw the COCKPIT VIEW OF LEWIS PUMPING HIS LEFT AND RIGHT LEGS ON THE PEDALS DO YOU THINK HE WAS TESTING THE FU**ING CAR?????????????!!!!!!......NO!!!!!! he was in PANIC!!!!!! because his senses and physical being PARTED COMPANY almost for a split second!!!!!!!!!.his mind was on the right hand flick of the steering as he exited the esses and all of a sudden hes FLOATING OVER the fu**in "gravel trap"???????????????,,,,,didnt look like it did much "trapping to me????".....he hardly seemed to LOSE ANY speed travelling thru it!!!!?????......maybe there IS a case for making the run off areas into SMOOTH TARMAC instead of a pretend beach!!!!!!!!......and as for McLaren TRYING feebly imo, to say that after a 150 mph off Lewis will be in FULL control of his faculties tomorrow and medically fit to race, well, i am completely shocked!!!!!!!

monsta_racer
21st July 2007, 15:29
Lewis was bound to have bad luck, just to bad it had to happen at 150mph. We will have to see what it does to his confidence. I'd be surpised if he starts tommorow.

Zico
21st July 2007, 15:31
Geez!.. :d

Racehound
yeah..........and eccclestone said Ayrton was gonna be in the re-start at Imola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave B
HEY DAVE!!!!!OPEN YOUR FU**IN EYES!!!!!!!!!!.....when you saw the COCKPIT VIEW OF LEWIS PUMPING HIS LEFT AND RIGHT LEGS ON THE PEDALS DO YOU THINK HE WAS TESTING THE FU**ING CAR?????????????!!!!!!......NO!!!!!! he was in PANIC!!!!!! because his senses and physical being PARTED COMPANY almost for a split second!!!!!!!!!.his mind was on the right hand flick of the steering as he exited the esses and all of a sudden hes FLOATING OVER the fu**in "gravel trap"???????????????,,,,,didnt look like it did much "trapping to me????".....he hardly seemed to LOSE ANY speed travelling thru it!!!!?????......maybe there IS a case for making the run off areas into SMOOTH TARMAC instead of a pretend beach!!!!!!!!......and as for McLaren TRYING feebly imo, to say that after a 150 mph off Lewis will be in FULL control of his faculties tomorrow and medically fit to race, well, i am completely shocked!!!!!!!
Well, you clearly know best.

:z

Donney
21st July 2007, 15:32
I hope he is fit enough to race tomorrow, if not well he'll be in the next one, it looked really bad at first.

zoostation
21st July 2007, 15:36
racehound. calm down.

Racehound
21st July 2007, 15:37
Well, you clearly know best.

:z
I USED TA RACE!!!!!!......IVE BEEN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave B
21st July 2007, 15:41
Just to clear something up:

Lewis, like any other driver who has been involved in a crash, will be examined and tested by trained and qualified doctors, and put through a series of physical and mental tests to assess his capability to race.

Irrespective of any championship implications, commercial pressures, TV audiences, Ron, Bernie or even the views of forum members; it is the doctors' opinion which will determine whether or not Lewis starts the race tomorrow.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to take my dog for a walk.

Racehound
21st July 2007, 15:44
accidents happen and McLaren are at a complete losss to explain EXACTLY what has occured with this one!!!!!!gun failure?????but whitmarsh said the wheel nut cannot be locked UNTIL the nut is tightened to the correct torque and in the required position, so if they have said subsequentely that these parameters were met, how can the wheel become loose and start to fall off???......

Zico
21st July 2007, 15:45
I thought you were having a laugh but now Im not so sure. You need help dude.. Would you be SHOUTING at Dave if you were talking to him face to face? Calm down FFS!

Racehound
21st July 2007, 15:46
Are you drunk? Stop replying to yourself man. :mark:
hmmmmmmmmm.....obviously NOT a Fernando fan then!!!! :)

Racehound
21st July 2007, 15:49
I thought you were having a laugh but now Im not so sure. You need help dude.. Would you be SHOUTING at Dave if you were talking to him face to face? Calm down FFS!
er....actually no.....i would be chatting with him about motor racing with a cold beer and we would probably both be laffin our asses off......talking about all sorts of things .........does that answer your question????? :)

Zico
21st July 2007, 15:54
Not really, I suspected that would be the answer.The question was really intended to make you think about how you come across to other forum members.
Maybe you two know each other and its just a bit o light hearted banter but the rest of us are non the wiser.

Peace.. :)

Koppomsbo
21st July 2007, 16:22
http://mediacenter.corriere.it/MediaCenter/action/player?idCanale=Sport&filtro=Tutti&pagina=1&passo=5&uuid=2816bc72-378c-11dc-8a20-0003ba99c53b&navName=1

this is what happend from lewis view

rohanweb
21st July 2007, 16:23
NO FECKIN WAY... !!!!!!!!!!!!! GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, not aimed at anyone in particular, just wanted to show how silly the CAPS and multi explanation marks make you look...

...oh, and give Rohan a break, even if he is wrong.

Is Lewis's car repairable in time? If he does race in the spare car wont he be starting from the pitlane?

oh thanks !

I am sure the car can be repaired as its not damaged the one like Kubica's car last time around, if LH goes for the spare car then he will have to start from the pitlane, if he is fit enough to drive i loved to see him have some great overtakings tomorrow....

Jefe Máximo
21st July 2007, 16:24
I can't see him racing tomorrow, but you never know.

Hope he does, I'm interested in seeing how he'd do starting from row 5. :)

Racehound
21st July 2007, 16:37
Not really, I suspected that would be the answer.The question was really intended to make you think about how you come across to other forum members.
Maybe you two know each other and its just a bit o light hearted banter but the rest of us are non the wiser.

Peace.. :)
point taken :)

Robinho
21st July 2007, 16:41
if he's not broken anything and , as they said, did not lose conciousness (i don't see why he should have done) then i fully expect him to race. they'll test him for concussion etc and i expect he'll be cleared. he was 140-150mph as he appraoched the corner, so the actual impact, even with the gravel trap not doing much, and presumably without brakes wil have been considerabley less - i would estimate 120mph?

as for not standing on a broken leg, what about MS at silverstone, he started to get out of the car and tried to put weight on the leg.

they are allowed to repair the car under parc ferme rules, busy night for them if they can manage it.

zoostation
21st July 2007, 16:55
err why was my posted edited?

Daniel
21st July 2007, 16:58

You need to calm down.

To me it didn't look like Lewis was in a panic when he was pumping his legs. He just seemed to be making sure everything (as in his body) was working ok. If he's been in a panic I'm sure we'd have seen him trying to get out of the car.

Ian McC
21st July 2007, 17:05
Can we ban someone for crimes against exclamation and question marks? :D

truefan72
21st July 2007, 17:47
Hamilton was "due" for some bag luck, had to happen sooner or later. All the other top drivers had their share of it this year. There is a really good side to all of this: we can finally see hamilton's resolve when he isn;'t in a good positon.

He obviously didn't break a leg as what kind of moron would stand on a borken leg? Heh. I think he will be back. He hit fairly hard but with no broken boneshe should be good to go.

That's just asine nobody is "due" bad luck, if it happens then it happens, and the person/team were unlucky. But to figure that somebody is supposed to have bad luck is adding a supernatural element to f1 that simply exist.

Let's hope he races tommorrow, maybe he will be "due" for some good luck then. right?

andreag
21st July 2007, 18:01
if he's not broken anything and , as they said, did not lose conciousness (i don't see why he should have done) then i fully expect him to race.
This is not so clear. FIA's medical delegate, Gary Hartstein, didn't allow Robert Kubica to drive in the US GP, one week after his accident where the pole didn't broke anything, neither lose conciousness, and the reason was literally "to avoid the risk of another impact".

If this doctor acts just on medical terms, he should do the same, as the accident happened the day before the race. If he decide different, will be for other reasons than medical ones, and I don't see how a doctor should do that.

It's sad, but safety should be taken as the sole concern.

Jefe Máximo
21st July 2007, 18:09
Can we ban someone for crimes against exclamation

Come on, ioan's not that bad post Schumacher... ;)

rohanweb
21st July 2007, 18:58
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61013

LH more likely to race.. read the above article.. this is encouraging!!!

BTW ..ITV missed the oppurtunity to interview Anthony Hamilton..

Jag_Warrior
21st July 2007, 19:17
i am completely shocked!!!!!!!

I assumed as much...

Kevincal
21st July 2007, 19:34
When I see him pumping his legs like that, it looks like he is having a seizure...I sure hope not, but it just looked awefully strange. His head snapped forward violently, thank goodness for the Hans device... Hope he's ok. They need to put in a Nascar-type safer barrier in-place of that archaic tire barrier...

Hendersen
21st July 2007, 19:43
That's just asine nobody is "due" bad luck, if it happens then it happens, and the person/team were unlucky. But to figure that somebody is supposed to have bad luck is adding a supernatural element to f1 that simply exist.

Let's hope he races tommorrow, maybe he will be "due" for some good luck then. right?

Statistics may be too complicated for you, but it is surely not asinine.

Hendersen
21st July 2007, 19:46
This is not so clear. FIA's medical delegate, Gary Hartstein, didn't allow Robert Kubica to drive in the US GP, one week after his accident where the pole didn't broke anything, neither lose conciousness, and the reason was literally "to avoid the risk of another impact".

The reason was a concusion,and given hamilton's actions immediately after and and shortly after the accident, he did not appear to have one at all.

Erki
21st July 2007, 19:48
youtube/google video/something?? I didn't watch quali...

SteveA
21st July 2007, 21:22
Why was he put on a drip?

Iain
21st July 2007, 21:44
Maybe to calm him down.

Seen the crash and it's not like it's something we haven't seen before. The way the media have reported it in some places, it's as if it's as bad as Kubica's in Canada. :s Also noted on the youtube clip I saw, that James Allen immediately put it down to him making a mistake. Such an expert......

Robinho
21st July 2007, 22:04

If this doctor acts just on medical terms, he should do the same, as the accident happened the day before the race. If he decide different, will be for other reasons than medical ones, and I don't see how a doctor should do that.

Kubica was diagnosed with a concussion, and he said he didn't lose conciousness, but also couldn't be sure that he remembered the whole thing. Hamiltons crash was nasty, but much less severe, and only one impact.

as a result i think that Hamilton will probably be cleared to race as long as the docs are happy he didn't suffer a concussion, which would have ruled him out already.

El Sween
21st July 2007, 22:07

Thanks for starting this post all the silly fighting on here has reminded me not to bother posting in the F1 forum.

donKey jote
21st July 2007, 22:38

the boarding schools too ? :p :

Can we ban someone for crimes against exclamation and question marks? :D

no, but ignore works :D

I guess it's standard procedure to help prevent shock. Great of him to think about waving and thumbs-upping while being stretchered off :up:

Alsicole
21st July 2007, 23:07
I can't see him racing tomorrow, but you never know.

Hope he does, I'm interested in seeing how he'd do starting from row 5. :)

I have to agree. I've seen Lewis race from further down the field in Formula Renault and F3 and the guy can definitely overtake! I'd like to see what he can do in a car which everyone says it's near impossible to overtake in.

weeflyonthewall
22nd July 2007, 00:10
It was a wheel gun failure, according to Ron.

I doubt that Alonso finds it remotely funny.

That was his first thought. If that was the case, Lewis would have felt a vibration if the wheel were loose and said something. The super slow motion showed something cutting into the inside of the rim and tyre. The story will change tomorrow when they have a chance to study the failure. According to Peter Windsor, McLaren has been having some trouble with their new wheels.

donKey jote
22nd July 2007, 00:23
On RTL they were commenting on how Lewis appeared to be struggling just before it happened, and the slowmo appeared to show the wheel coming loose.
We'll see tomorrow :)

Hendersen
22nd July 2007, 00:34
The super slow motion showed something cutting into the inside of the rim and tyre.

No, it did not.

The story will change tomorrow when they have a chance to study the failure. According to Peter Windsor, McLaren has been having some trouble with their new wheels.

I'm sure it will. The operative word being "story".

Valve Bounce
22nd July 2007, 01:28

That ain't no drip - that's a pit babe!!

Valve Bounce
22nd July 2007, 01:34
I have to agree. I've seen Lewis race from further down the field in Formula Renault and F3 and the guy can definitely overtake! I'd like to see what he can do in a car which everyone says it's near impossible to overtake in.

Well, Massa found it difficult once he got past the also rans. P10 puts Lewis right behind Ralfie and Jarno - he'll have his job cut out for him. I also understand that he has to start with the same fuel load he started Q3 with, so changing his pit strategy to pass some of the slower guys in the pit stops might not be so easy.

I think he'll just have to do it the hard way if he wants to finish 5th or better. Makes for a great tussle!

F1MAN2007
22nd July 2007, 04:21

Good point Sir.

But as I know FIA, they never take the same decision on the similar cases. It depends on where, when and who?

Leaving Hamiliton racing tomorrow whatever he may be cleared to race by medical center and hospital would be injustice compared to decision they took against Kubica one week after the accident for the reasons you said.

But seeing him racing tomorrow can't suprise me, the FIA is like that.

truefan72
22nd July 2007, 05:06
Statistics may be too complicated for you, but it is surely not asinine.

luck is not a measurable statistical variable,

I challenge you to show me where the statistical records are for luck on any accredited FIA or sports site. Chalking incidents up to luck or worse off stating that someone is "due" bad luck really isn't based on any facts.

Logically then Hamilton's duly bad luck meant that the other 9 in Q3 were the recipients of good luck? and were they due, and furthermore, is there a statistic out there that indicates this fortunate turn of events...

give me a break, statistics isn't complicated, attributing luck to the equation is pure fictional supposition.

truefan72
22nd July 2007, 05:10
Thanks for starting this post all the silly fighting on here has reminded me not to bother posting in the F1 forum.

then kindly leave,

nobody has forced you to turn on your computer, log on, come to this website, go to the forums section, enter the F1 portion, seek out this particular thread out of many , read the posts and then decide to post comment how you don't like coming here

LOL

ridiculous

raikk
22nd July 2007, 06:33
I'm very happy that Hammy is alright.. that was the formost important thing in quali.. I hope they can clear him so he can kick some red butt on Sunday :D :p .. I predict he will get 3rd but again it depends on the strategy, and how many places he has gained...

Valve Bounce
22nd July 2007, 07:17
I think the only way Lewis Hamilton could possibly get third would happen if some of the front runners break down. He sure as heck won't beat the two Ferraris or Alonso unless bad luck hits one or more of them.

A podium seems remote right now. If he drives sensibly, then maybe 5th or 4th place points would prove invaluable. If the Toyotas and BMW's hold strong, he will find getting up to fourth place very difficult.

Ian McC
22nd July 2007, 09:48
He has been cleared to race!

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~151685.htm

Ian McC
22nd July 2007, 09:50
I think the only way Lewis Hamilton could possibly get third would happen if some of the front runners break down. He sure as heck won't beat the two Ferraris or Alonso unless bad luck hits one or more of them.

A podium seems remote right now. If he drives sensibly, then maybe 5th or 4th place points would prove invaluable. If the Toyotas and BMW's hold strong, he will find getting up to fourth place very difficult.

A lot will depend on his start and first lap.

ArrowsFA1
22nd July 2007, 09:54
Great news :up: He'll have a tough job of making the podium from 10th, but it'll be interesting to see what he makes of the first real setback of his F1 career to date.

SteveA
22nd July 2007, 09:55
Leaving Hamiliton racing tomorrow whatever he may be cleared to race by medical center and hospital would be injustice compared to decision they took against Kubica one week after the accident for the reasons you said.

But seeing him racing tomorrow can't suprise me, the FIA is like that.

I don't think its anything to do with "injustice"! Kubica had to miss a race because of concussion - a brain injury. You just don't take the risk of aggravating that because the consequences could be fatal.

Hamilton has been found to have "no injuries" (I bet he aches a bit though!), so he has been passed to participate in today's race.

If Kubica hadn't suffered the concussion, he may have been cleared for the next race.

rohanweb
22nd July 2007, 10:35
I don't think its anything to do with "injustice"! Kubica had to miss a race because of concussion - a brain injury. You just don't take the risk of aggravating that because the consequences could be fatal.

Hamilton has been found to have "no injuries" (I bet he aches a bit though!), so he has been passed to participate in today's race.

If Kubica hadn't suffered the concussion, he may have been cleared for the next race.

Absolutely!
couldnt agree more with your post!!!
LH has some tough task today, but its good in a way to show his real racing stuffs to those brigade who keep bashing him with LH hasnt been 'really tested' or 'proved' how good he is.. we all got to wait and see !!! ;)

Robinho
22nd July 2007, 10:49
glad he's been cleared, as above all that shows he is physically fit, which is the most important thing.

you cannot compare the crash with Kubica's, that was one of the worst F1 crashes ever, and remarkable that he was able to walk away from with "just" a concuccion. the doctors said ahead of USA that he was fully fit and they would have let him race but for the fact he'd suffered a concussion and you cannot risk 2 cincussions in such a short period as the effect compound.

Lewis's accident, albeit nasty, was nothing compared, he took a big shunt and is fine, as you would expect from these cars these days.

his biggest test will be the race now, considering he will not have even one flyiong lap before the 1st lap of the race, since the accident, so will have to build his coinfidence rapidally, asthe 1st lap could make his race.

he'll no doubt struggle to break into the top 4, but there are passing opportuniies on this track so i can see him having a strong race, although, like Alonso in Frace, the pit strategy may dictate him having to pass cars only to come out behind them and pass again.

i'm hoping he has a stormer, it should be a good test for him, especialy if we get rain, which could turn the race on its head.

Dave B
22nd July 2007, 11:16
Also noted on the youtube clip I saw, that James Allen immediately put it down to him making a mistake. Such an expert......
I was listening to Five Live and Murray was extremely measured and calm, stating clearly that as he hadn't seen the incident begin he couldn't be sure whether it was a mistake or a mechanical failure.

During the red flag period I rewound my Sky+ to the crash and listened to James immediately screeching on about Lewis' "mistake" :rolleyes:

Engage brain before speaking....

Anyhoo, I woke up this morning to the excellent news that not only is Lewis cleared to race, he's looking forward to it. :up: :up: :up:

To those unaware of his track record, it could appear that his run on podiums has been down to his hitherto good qualifying positions. Now at last he'll have the chance to demonstrate his raceraft and overtaking skills. Not through circumstances any of us would have wanted, of course, but it will make for an interesting race.

It'll be extremely tough with Kimi, Fernando and Felipe qualifying where they did, but I wouldn't rule out a podium.

Whatever the race brings, he'll still be leading the Championship this evening! :D

Valve Bounce
22nd July 2007, 11:35
A lot will depend on his start and first lap.

Why?? who are you expecting to run into Lewis? :(

Ian McC
22nd July 2007, 11:55
Why?? who are you expecting to run into Lewis? :(

No one I hope, but you can expect an aggressive first lap.

Ranger
22nd July 2007, 11:55
Engage brain before speaking....

This Allen hate is really ridiculous - you're accusing Allen of not engaging his brain before speaking, whilst at the same time you're romanticising Murray.

If Allen made mistakes like calling Felipe Massa "Fernando Massa" and call Nico Rosberg "Keke Rosberg" like Murray did on the Channel Ten broadcast of the Australian Grand Prix 2006, you guys would call for not only his sacking, but also his head! (not that quite a few of you don't do that already).

They are both good commentators, but some people here, for whatever reason, just have double standards when it comes to this in particular.

Why?? who are you expecting to run into Lewis? Lewis' dreaded monkeys!

truefan72
22nd July 2007, 15:45
I guess he was fit to drive

Garry Walker
22nd July 2007, 16:07
This Allen hate is really ridiculous - you're accusing Allen of not engaging his brain before speaking, whilst at the same time you're romanticising Murray.

If Allen made mistakes like calling Felipe Massa "Fernando Massa" and call Nico Rosberg "Keke Rosberg" like Murray did on the Channel Ten broadcast of the Australian Grand Prix 2006, you guys would call for not only his sacking, but also his head! (not that quite a few of you don't do that already).

Exactly. But trying to reason with Murray fans makes as much sense as trying to reason with a man who has had 15 litres of vodka.

Ian McC
22nd July 2007, 16:13

True enough, I guess Murray has the years on him and you can't help but feel Allen tries to hard to be like Murray

stevie_gerrard
25th July 2007, 00:21
Lewis was very lucky to get away with no serious injury after a crash like that, It brings back a few memories of previous drivers going into the tyre wall like that and coming off worse :(

i know it didnt make much difference anyway him racing, but it's good to see him come out of it ok :up: