PDA

View Full Version : Ollie Bridewell - RIP

neninja
20th July 2007, 17:03
http://www.mcrcb-events.co.uk/news.cfm/title/MCRCB%20STATEMENT%20%2D%20OLLIE%20BRIDEWELL/flag/2/id/374

Sadly Ollie died today at Mallory Park during practice for the British Superbikes. He always seemed to be a really sound young lad who loved his racing and having fun.

Allyc85
20th July 2007, 17:28
:( Absaloutly gutted to hear this. I saw him ride (a superstock bike) in the superbike grand national a couple years ago and you could see he was a talented lad with the way he kept up.

RIP Ollie

ChrisS
20th July 2007, 18:21
its always sad when a young person loses his life

RIP

patnicholls
20th July 2007, 21:21
It's always sad when someone dies; rather more so when they're on their way to making significant progress within their sport.

Ollie was in his second season of BSB and following a tough time last year, had really started to find his feet in the last few races becoming a top ten regular. This, on the second string Suzuki team (Naturally Best Racing), when even the Rizla team are struggling with the bike, was pretty impressive. In fact it was only the most recent round at Oulton Park that was his strongest showing in BSB.

There's a lot of talented young riders who've come up into BSB this year - Tom Sykes, Leon Camier and Cal Crutchlow of course being the main three. Ollie got noticed less through being with a smaller team and more difficult bike but his acheivements were hardly less when you consider that. Given some more time he could well have continued his impressive progress; it's tragic that we'll never know.

More over, he seemed a guy who just loved his racing and having fun in his life - surely the way we should all do it. His column for Motorcycle Racer magazine ('The Ginger Gigolo') barely seemed to mention any BSB, just whatever ridiculous games he and Tommy had got up to since the last column!

My thoughts are with his family, friends and the NB Suzuki team.

RIP Ollie

R3ROK
20th July 2007, 22:34
I don't usually post to this forum but I try and follow the BSB.
My thoughts are with Ollie's family, friends and team mates at NB Suzuki....a tallented rider who will be missed by many....rest in peace Ollie.

John

Mach24
21st July 2007, 01:22
I just watched the Oulton round last night and Ollie was shinning. Thats how I will remember Ollie.

Condolences to family, friends and fans alike.

S Evans
21st July 2007, 06:31
I just watched the Oulton round last night and Ollie was shinning. Thats how I will remember Ollie.

Condolences to family, friends and fans alike.

Nice picture of Ollie on this racing forum. Bottom of page. sean

http://forums.autosport.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75658&perpage=40&display=&pagenumber=144

NinjaMaster
21st July 2007, 15:33
Terrible to hear news like this. My condolences to his family, friends and team. I guess the only consolation is that he was living the dream, something that a lot of us don't ever manage to do. R.I.P.

ATF
22nd July 2007, 12:08
Terrible news, I was really shocked to hear it! No matter how aware you are that motorsport is dangerous, you're never really prepared for news like this.

I can only say what others have posted and extend my condolences to all his friends and family.

jonny hurlock
22nd July 2007, 14:47
R.I.P. Ollie

My thoughts goes to his family

Scuderia ferrari
22nd July 2007, 18:55
Shocked to here this.

R.I.P

my thoughts are with his family and freinds

mx311
24th July 2007, 07:40
It's always very sad whenever the motorsports community loses anyone, especially someone so young. But as the old saying goes, 'at least he died doing something he loved.' That is always a great comfort to those who knew Ollie well. Rest in peace.

Rusty
24th July 2007, 10:50
i am on holiday in Gran Canaria at the moment and read about the sad loss of Ollie in the papers my codolences are with his family at this time R.I.P. Oliie

tha_jackal
24th July 2007, 11:14
RIP... Condolences to the family, never like to hear this about a sport i love..

Wim_Impreza
24th July 2007, 11:59
Terrible news, R.I.P. Ollie.

patnicholls
12th September 2007, 13:52
Ollie's younger brother (and team-mate) Tommy will return to racing at the next round of BSB at Donington:

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~18~id~154311.htm

All the best to him, the Bridewell family and Team NB.

jonny hurlock
12th September 2007, 22:22
great to see him back onto the grid at donnington