PDA

View Full Version : How many fights..........

CarlMetro
20th December 2006, 00:06
..........does it take to stop a Chrimbo party?

Well in tonight's case dear readers 4, all involving different people, and all within the space of 60 minutes. I wouldn't have minded but there were only 75 people in the room altogether.

I don't know or care why the fights started but the first one was before the food had even finished.

Obviously alcohol had a big part in the agression levels and I dare say, in at least one case, old scores were settled but the actions of 9 dumbass individuals, 3 of them girls, ruined the function for not just the other 60 odd people who were out for a good time but hotel staff who had to try and restore calm.

Why can't people just go out and have fun?

Dave B
20th December 2006, 09:22
Office parties? You spend 46 weeks a year stuck with people you wouldn't normally associate with, then for one night get shoved into the same room with cheap alcohol.

Scores being settled sounds about right. :s

schmenke
20th December 2006, 15:11
Were you DJ-ing Carl, or did this happen at your company party?

Donney
20th December 2006, 15:27
I wonder if they fought over your musical selection

;)

CarlMetro
21st December 2006, 12:01
Were you DJ-ing Carl, or did this happen at your company party?

Yes, I was DJ-ing.

It was strange becuase I haven't had any trouble at a function in ages, not even a minor scuffle. These were full-blown 'if I had a knife/gun I'd kill you' type fights.

I was also disappointed with the function manager who, even after four fights suggested we carry on and was somewhat surprised when I told her that I was pulling my gear out unless she was prepared to pay for all damages.

Donney, maybe you're on to something there........... :\

555-04Q2
21st December 2006, 12:05
Donney, maybe you're on to something there........... :\

Getting old are we mate ;) Frank Sinatra singing My Way probably got the crowd started :p : :D

P.S. Hope you wrent hurt mate :)

LotusElise
21st December 2006, 12:13
Three people got arrested at our works do last week.
I wasn't one of them, honest...

(Hope you're okay and your kit didn't get damaged, Carl.)

555-04Q2
21st December 2006, 12:15
Three people got arrested at our works do last week.

What the hell is wrong with u people :?: :s hock:

Over here we close at 12:30 pm, have a few dozen beers, throw some boery on the fire, tell a few jokes and then go home. Civilized parties unlike some other people ;) :p :

CarlMetro
21st December 2006, 12:20
Thanks for you concern guys, but both me and the gear was fine :up:

LotusElise
21st December 2006, 12:20
I went home long before the credit card fraud incident and subsequent arrests happened!

555-04Q2
21st December 2006, 12:28
Thanks for you concern guys, but both me and the gear was fine :up:

From what I heard from a reliable source, this is how it all went down.

Fight breaks out at the party. Two yobos sitting near the DJ stand are overheard by another partygoer.

"Hey Johhny <hic> want to take out that blinking <hic> DJ who keeps on playing those frekking <hic> Synaaaatra songs <hic>

"Not a chance <hic> Andy <hic> he's a big baaaaas <hic> tard he is <hic> Lets rather smaaash the mail boys earholes <hic>

555-04Q2
21st December 2006, 12:29
I went home long before the credit card fraud incident and subsequent arrests happened!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

schmenke
21st December 2006, 16:27
Getting old are we mate ;) Frank Sinatra singing My Way probably got the crowd started :p : :D ...

I figured it might have been Crazy Frog :p : :D

CarlMetro
21st December 2006, 16:55
I figured it might have been Crazy Frog :p : :D

You'd be surprised and saddened just how many times I get asked for that :rolleyes:

Dave B
21st December 2006, 16:58
And do you grit your teeth and play it? :s

Donney
21st December 2006, 17:07
You'd be surprised and saddened just how many times I get asked for that :rolleyes:

Just by reading your answer I'm already surprised and saddened.

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/sad024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

jim mcglinchey
21st December 2006, 18:54
Why hasnt Eki started a new thread about fog bound airports entitled
" How many flights "

Hazell B
21st December 2006, 19:29
Followed by "How many frights ...." on the subject of ghosts :p :

Carl, you know you love that Crazy Frog. You know he starts riots, being popular and whatnot. Why can't you just stick to Amarillo and Busted? :)

Anyway, so far no trouble at the parties I've been to. Which is a surprise, as I was at them ..... but tomorrow's Macintosh party with Animal Clarkson should soon put matters back on track <hic>