PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Btcc Dvd

BTCC2
5th December 2006, 19:40
I got the 2006 DVD today and having watched just under 2 hours of it I am happy to say that there has been a MASSIVE improvement from recent years.

Anybody else got it yet?

Mp3 Astra
5th December 2006, 21:18
I got the 2006 DVD today and having watched just under 2 hours of it I am happy to say that there has been a MASSIVE improvement from recent years.

Anybody else got it yet?

Care to share the improvements from last time out? I really want to know as I won't be watching it for 20 days ;)
Also, is it 3 or 4 hours?

Pedalpusher
5th December 2006, 21:43
I'm still waiting for mine to be sent from HMV :mad:

there has been a MASSIVE improvement from recent years

Yay!

nicemms
5th December 2006, 22:32
Thats good. I may have to consider buying it then.

BTCC2
5th December 2006, 22:44
OK here are some of the improvements.

Review is 4 hours long.
This time it includes interviews, even though it claimed to have them in 2005on the box last time it didn't.
Full grids shown for races
Longer highlights of races (Due to it being 4 hours)
It actually informs you of the new entries and shows you the cars (Of the ones Ive seen so far)
Afew interviews from on the grid.
Also it is presented by Angus Scott.

BTCC2
5th December 2006, 23:04
I'm still waiting for mine to be sent from HMV :mad:

Yay!

It says on their website despatched within 3-5 days of them getting it and they got them in HMV Newcastle this morning so it should be with you on about Saturday.

Mp3 Astra
5th December 2006, 23:37
OK here are some of the improvements.

Review is 4 hours long.
This time it includes interviews, even though it claimed to have them in 2005on the box last time it didn't.
Full grids shown for races
Longer highlights of races (Due to it being 4 hours)
It actually informs you of the new entries and shows you the cars (Of the ones Ive seen so far)
Afew interviews from on the grid.

That is the best news I've heard all day. Thanks a lot; I'm really looking forward to it now :)

nik
6th December 2006, 01:20

...and that's an improvment. I'll still stick with the ITV coverage. I can't get on with DVDs.

Pedalpusher
6th December 2006, 10:22
It says on their website despatched within 3-5 days of them getting it and they got them in HMV Newcastle this morning so it should be with you on about Saturday.

Cheers BTCC2 :up: :D

Les
6th December 2006, 13:56
i've won a copy - pretty chuffed about that :)

thompp
6th December 2006, 15:26
i've won a copy - pretty chuffed about that :)

lucky so-and-so

speedy king
29th December 2006, 23:00
Great review :) Much better than the shambles we've had before, and it seems to show some coverage that wasn't on ITV....

Iain
29th December 2006, 23:49
I agree, it's a vast improvement. It's got a feeling of quality to it now. It seems to have taken the Motors TV footage as opposed to the ITV1 footage and used that.

Alfa Fan
30th December 2006, 01:56
It feels like a review of the year. Rather than a string of poorly edited races.

BDunnell
30th December 2006, 19:35
A great improvement. There are still some errors, but not many, and Angus Scott's presence makes the whole thing seem a lot more professional.

cookingfat
30th December 2006, 20:17
A great improvement. There are still some errors, but not many, and Angus Scott's presence makes the whole thing seem a lot more professional.

Not much more.. His worst Murray Walker moment is at the start of the third race at Knockhill when he includes Dave Pinkney as one of the cars that missed the third race due to accident damage! Yet the black and pink Honda starts the race from fourth on the grid!?!

And still they can't spell DONINGTON!

Iain
30th December 2006, 21:04
Not many people are able to spell it properly, even the circuit themselves!

BDunnell
30th December 2006, 21:29
Not much more.. His worst Murray Walker moment is at the start of the third race at Knockhill when he includes Dave Pinkney as one of the cars that missed the third race due to accident damage! Yet the black and pink Honda starts the race from fourth on the grid!?! [/B]

That was one of the errors to which I was referring.

PDS
30th December 2006, 21:45
Not much more.. His worst Murray Walker moment is at the start of the third race at Knockhill when he includes Dave Pinkney as one of the cars that missed the third race due to accident damage! Yet the black and pink Honda starts the race from fourth on the grid!?!

And still they can't spell DONINGTON!

You can understand some errors from the commentators. But from the narrator and captions used on the disc? That's just being sloppy!

My main gripe is, why at the start of the disc, do they show a montage of action from 2005? The disc covers the 2006 championship! This is the first disc they have done it on. They do show it again as a quick glimpse of 2005 later on..

I give it 10 out of 10 for content. But 5 out of 10 for presentation!

BDunnell
31st December 2006, 00:42
You can understand some errors from the commentators. But from the narrator and captions used on the disc? That's just being sloppy!

Narrator, yes, but the captions I can understand to some extent. The same errors appeared in the captions as used on the original coverage, and I would assume the decision was taken not to do new ones for the DVD. Still, it would be better if they could be corrected.

speedy king
31st December 2006, 00:51
End of the day..... is anyone actually losing sleep over some incorrect captions... :s

BDunnell
31st December 2006, 00:56
End of the day..... is anyone actually losing sleep over some incorrect captions... :s

No, but as an editor myself, I do think it's a shame when little mistakes are made, even if a lot of people wouldn't really notice them, less still worry about them.

PDS
31st December 2006, 01:48

Now you mention it... I didn't sleep very well last night!

Iain
31st December 2006, 01:58
I think we're splidding hairs here......

tintin
31st December 2006, 04:18
I got a copy a couple of weeks ago, but have only had a chance to watch 30 minutes, so not really in a position to comment, but it seems like a major improvement.

SEATFreak
31st December 2006, 10:00

Is it available in all HMV stores. I have checked the Halfords website and it look as if it isn't in yet but we have a HMV in South Shields not that far from Halfords.

Speaking of touring car DVD's does anyone know if HMV will be getting the WTCC DVD in, or do you have to order it from Duke's website?

BTCC2
31st December 2006, 19:24
Is it available in all HMV stores. I have checked the Halfords website and it look as if it isn't in yet but we have a HMV in South Shields not that far from Halfords.

Well I have seen it in HMVs at Newcastle, Gateshead and Darlington since it came out so if it's not at South Shields then try one of those.

Iain
31st December 2006, 19:33
Speaking of touring car DVD's does anyone know if HMV will be getting the WTCC DVD in, or do you have to order it from Duke's website?

As it's a Duke DVD this year, there's every chance that you might find it in the high street.

PDS
31st December 2006, 19:45
According to Play.com, Feb 26 is the release date!
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3286471/-/Product.html?searchstring=world+touring+cars&searchsource=0

SEATFreak
2nd January 2007, 14:47
Go mine today at the HMV store in Sunderland. Along with RACE:The WTCC Game from the GAME store nearby.

I am intrigued by something. It says at the bottom of the back that it has "some footage previously unseen on British TV".

Does anyone know what this is?

tin-top fan
2nd January 2007, 15:48
I don't remember seeing the pieces recorded by angus scott at the start and end before, would be happy to be proved wrong though...

LiamM
2nd January 2007, 17:02
I am intrigued by something. It says at the bottom of the back that it has "some footage previously unseen on British TV".

Think it means that it wasn't on ITV and there is some parts taken from races 1 & 2 that ITV didnt show highlights of, but they were included in the Motors TV coverage, but as Motors TV is French they can get away with stating that

BTCC2
6th January 2007, 00:46
My DVD is now refusing to play the last 2 laps of Round 15 at Croft, the whole of Round 16 at Donington and the first lap of Round 17 at Donny.???!!!

tintin
6th January 2007, 00:49
Sounds like it might have a scratch on it.

BTCC2
6th January 2007, 00:59
Yeah thats what I thought but I just cant see one.

nik
6th January 2007, 01:30
Does the DVD show James Kaye plowing into the sweetcorn at Snett, cos ITV didn't show us that.

If it does i'm getting it.

tintin
6th January 2007, 02:01
Does the DVD show James Kaye plowing into the sweetcorn at Snett, cos ITV didn't show us that.

It doesn't.

MBailey06
6th January 2007, 09:35
I wasn't very happy that the Kaye incident wasn't on there. There were also other incidents there were/weren't on there. There was an incident at Snetterton where Howell lost it at the first corner and forced Collard to leap over the kerb. However a bit I don't remember but was on there was at Knockhill. The Collard/Plato incident made me laugh because it was obvious when they went into the first corner together that at least one of them wouldn't make it to the next corner.

ATF
7th January 2007, 12:37
On the subject of the WTCC review, it's cheapest on the HMV website, which also says it's out on 15th January, as do a few other internet sites. I found another one as well as play that said 26th February but the Duke website itself now says 5th March!!! What's going on?!

jon2211
16th May 2007, 20:04
For anyone that hasn't bought it yet, I purchased it from Amazon last week for 4.95.

PDS
5th July 2007, 19:23
Slightly different year...

Has anyone seen this? And who's paying that sort of money???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-BTCC-TOURING-CAR-CHAMPIONSHIP-MEGA-RARE_W0QQitemZ130128533448QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1508Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

At least I know how much mine is now worth!!

KILOHMUNNS
5th July 2007, 20:48
Slightly different year...

Has anyone seen this? And who's paying that sort of money???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-BTCC-TOURING-CAR-CHAMPIONSHIP-MEGA-RARE_W0QQitemZ130128533448QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1508Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

At least I know how much mine is now worth!!

The guy originally put a buy it now of £179!!!! I only paid £25 for mine on ebay only 6 months ago, thats some increase certainly beats inflation. lol :p

thompp
5th July 2007, 22:39
Was 1987 a particularly good year then...? :)

PDS
6th July 2007, 01:16
Was 1987 a particularly good year then...? :)

No. It's just that not many copies were produced.

thetrooper_uk
6th July 2007, 11:31
They are reproducing the early years again so don't go paying over the odds for them. I seen them for around £15 on a web site just can't remember the name of it at the moment. If I remember I'll let you know.

BTCC2
6th July 2007, 18:13
They are reproducing the early years again so don't go paying over the odds for them. I seen them for around £15 on a web site just can't remember the name of it at the moment. If I remember I'll let you know.

Are they going as far back as 1988?

racer69
6th July 2007, 19:34
They'll probably only go back to 1991, thats all that seems to be available these days VHS wise.

1987 was produced by Hay Fisher Productions for Dunlop, had nothing to do with BHP or Duke who did 1988-onwards.

PDS
6th July 2007, 21:00
They'll probably only go back to 1991, thats all that seems to be available these days VHS wise.

1987 was produced by Hay Fisher Productions for Dunlop, had nothing to do with BHP or Duke who did 1988-onwards.

That's an interesting point....

BUT.. the European championships being put onto dvd were produced by Hay Fisher!
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/2110420/European-Touring-Car-Championship-1985/Product.html

thetrooper_uk
7th July 2007, 18:56
I'm not to sure but it is definitely in the 80's. Once I get a chance to sit down and search for it again I'll do my best to find it.

racer69
8th July 2007, 10:14
That's an interesting point....

BUT.. the European championships being put onto dvd were produced by Hay Fisher!
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/2110420/European-Touring-Car-Championship-1985/Product.html

The 1983, 1984, 1985 & 1988 ETCC's have been readily available from Duke in VHS for a number of years though.

For whatever reason the 1987 (Hay Fisher), 1988, 1989 & 1990 (all BHP) BTCC's, along with the 1982 & 1986 ETCC (Hay Fisher) have not been made available for quite a number of years.

I've been lucky enough to pick up the 88, 89 & 90 BTCC's on Ebay, and found someone who had the 1987 review. Haven't been able to track down the 1982 ETCC though.

Apparently Hay Fisher made a review of the 1985 BTCC as well (probably a limited sale one, like the 1987 review), never been able to find it though.

SEATFreak
8th July 2007, 10:39
Is it not possible to put past eras like the 80's and 90's from VHS to DVD?

racer69
8th July 2007, 11:05
That is what is happening with some of the 80s ETCC's, and with the 90s BTCC.

Its more about some of the reviews that were available in the past aren't even available for purchase on VHS anymore.

PDS
8th July 2007, 23:48
I've been lucky enough to pick up the 88, 89 & 90 BTCC's on Ebay, and found someone who had the 1987 review. Haven't been able to track down the 1982 ETCC though.

Apparently Hay Fisher made a review of the 1985 BTCC as well (probably a limited sale one, like the 1987 review), never been able to find it though.

Wasn't aware of the existence 1985 BTCC tape.

Don't forget you can still get the 1968 BTCC on tape!