PDA

View Full Version : BTCC team to buy V8SC team?

bt52b
19th July 2007, 18:55
Anyone heard/seen anything about a BTCC team buying into a V8SC team?

I know Carlin were linked with DJR, but I don't know if this is the same story comin' round again.

mikecapener
19th July 2007, 22:53
certainly tripleeight have for some time owned what is now Team Vodafone in the V8SC series.

bt52b
20th July 2007, 02:06
Certainly would have to be as good as 888, but they are already in V8SC. Maybe it's just a load of twaddle...

racer69
20th July 2007, 07:44
WSR (run by New Zealander Dick Bennetts) is a front-running BTCC team, and has been linked to V8Supercars before through former employee Paul Cruickshank, this could be it.

It's mentioned as a front running BTCC team, apart from them the other frontrunners are Triple 8 (already in), Seat Sport UK (obviously not them) and Team Dynamics, who have raced at Bathurst before in the 1998 Bathurst 1000 in a Nissan Primera Super Tourer, and Matt Neal raced alongside Paul Morris at Bathurst in 2000, plus was entered but didn't start the 2001 Oran Park V8 round (crashed on the Saturday)....hasn't shown much interest since.

Iain
20th July 2007, 11:47
SEAT Sport UK are run by two men who call themselves Northern South, one of whom is a New Zealander. I doubt that they are big enough to expand to something like that though. Be good if it was WSR though, I know somebody who'd love to drive in the enduros. ;)