PDA

View Full Version : JAS back in WTCC?

SEATFreak
19th July 2007, 17:15
http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/sport_sto1248788.shtml

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1322

Good to see JAS back in the WTCC through RTCC team Golden Motors. I just hope that the two Russians piloting them can do the Accord justice and run strongly.

AlexD
19th July 2007, 17:33
Alexander Lvov sounds like a good driver. He did well at the ETCC last year and as that says, he's winning his championship.

The JAS Accord can be very quick, as proven by Ryan Sharp, and Geovanardi did brilliantly in one at Macau last year.

Alfa Fan
19th July 2007, 18:14
JAS aren't really back in the series, just another team running two old JAS Accords.

Iain
19th July 2007, 18:18
Exactly. It's like saying RML are back in the BTCC, should somebody enter a Chevrolet Lacetti built by them.

SEATFreak
19th July 2007, 18:57
Well, it was back in March that I knew that it was pretty much a dead cert guarantee that theirs no question of JAS returning any time soon when it was announced a deal to increase involvement fell through and that it was to support Thomas Engstrom and Honda-Sweden in the STCC. His Accord is new.

So which ever way you look at it, whether it is from the point of view of the collapsed deal or the fact they went to the STCC, their is no question of them being old builds.

Though it isn't out of the question for JAS to return! When conditions are right stay tuned. Mr Lotti's team may return.

For now we need to cheer on Golden Motors. And I fancy them to beat the back markers. Maria De Villota did in her Maurer Lacetti did in Race 1 at Valencia. She did better than Tom Coronel. And that was in a Lacetti. I think their Accord sounds by things of their form in the RTCC to be a better car.

AlexD
27th July 2007, 15:34
Well, they are currently at the bottom of the pile in testing. But Rydell and Ekblom are streets ahead at the front, and the Volvo is one of the highest independants, one place above Rangoni.

SEATFreak
28th July 2007, 11:19
I see from the WTCC website that it was a great time first session overall if your from Sweden. Rydell and Dahlgren did extremely well - coming in 4th and 5th behind a trio of Leons. SEAT Sports Monteiro and Tarquini in first and second and GR's Coronel in third. And Ekblom was the best finishing BMW with the 7th best time.