PDA

View Full Version : SEAT Leon TDi in the WTCC

Iain
19th July 2007, 12:41
http://www.seatsportuk.co.uk/wtcc/wtccnews_display06.asp?ID=234

Quite surprised that has happened. I thought it might happen in the future, but I haven't heard any rumours about it until finding this story this morning. :D

Robinho
19th July 2007, 12:59
that is a big surprise, i would have expected months of rumours before something like this popped up, especially a works entry with 2 of the top drivers being given the car.

a diesel etry was inevitable at some poit, but i would have thought a private entry, or a BMW effort would appear first, but i guess with SEAT being part of the Audi stable then it follows that they would continue their diesel motorsport pedigree.

interesting that they are dropping this into the middle of the season, where are Muller and Gene in the title fight? i would think that this ould be a massive risk if they were in contention?

VkmSpouge
19th July 2007, 13:15
SEAT following in Rick Kerry's wheel tracks :D

Captain VXR
19th July 2007, 16:38
I wonder if it will appear in RACE 07?

SEATFreak
19th July 2007, 17:05
I am a regular viewer of the site being a member of the Paddock Club. Surprised I missed it.

Much of the article sounds good certainly. A lot of positive things are being said like:

"SEAT will be rolling two TDI cars onto the Scandinavian Raceway at Anderstorp on July 28/29, whose engine base derives from the 170 hp 2.0 TDI mounted in the León FR, as the culmination of a technological breakthrough that SEAT Sport engineers have been working on for the past few months

I know sweet fa about diesel but the words give me a lot of hope that it is a good thing.

AlexD
19th July 2007, 17:36
Rick got there first! Do you think they've developed this to try and counter the BMWs speed off the line? At least they seem to be trying, they've had three engines this year now!

Radders
19th July 2007, 18:23
Safe

Great news!

Does seem odd that thye elected to develop a new petrol and diesel engine side by side. Still sounds as though they've got more power than the petrol engine and obviously greater torque. Seems VAG are pioneering diesel technology in motorsport. Can't wait to see how it gets on.

nicemms
19th July 2007, 18:25
Wonder how succesful it will be but I'd imagine Seat sport have more money to spend on development than Rick Kerry does.

bt52b
22nd July 2007, 23:51
Wonder how long it will before it pops up in the BTCC.

LiamM
23rd July 2007, 19:01
Third entry late at the final round?, although is highly unlikely until the new season at least. Will have to see how competitive it is first.

Is this a reason for SEATs lack of development work?