PDA

View Full Version : Marco Goes Red

mx311
19th July 2007, 06:07
Marco Melandri has signed for Ducati to race alongside Casey Stoner in 2008. An agreement has been reached and now only legal formailities stand in the way of an official announcement.

Marco of course wanted to go to Ducati this year, but Gresini held him to his contract option.

This is a good move but both Marco and Ducati imo. Shame for Loris Capirossi but Ducati now have two young, fast riders that will take them many years into the future.

The Phantom
19th July 2007, 06:53
It's easy to forget how young Melandri is, seems he's been around forever.

Ducati will surely be the team to beat for some time yet!

tha_jackal
19th July 2007, 08:37
Hmm, im sceptical about this move.. I think Stoner could really show Marco up next year, time will tell.. Anyway, i'm glad Loris has been given the flick, now if only he would damnwell retire, along with Barros and Checa.. :p :

T-D
19th July 2007, 19:30
good match. hopefully he will be rejuvenated.

Corny
19th July 2007, 19:51
someone's got a link?

ChrisS
19th July 2007, 20:42
Hmm, im sceptical about this move.. I think Stoner could really show Marco up next year, time will tell.. Anyway, i'm glad Loris has been given the flick, now if only he would damnwell retire, along with Barros and Checa.. :p :

Dont forget KRJr. When a rider parks a fully functional motorcycle because it is under performing then he lost his fighting spirit and should just quit

tha_jackal
20th July 2007, 00:49
Dont forget KRJr. When a rider parks a fully functional motorcycle because it is under performing then he lost his fighting spirit and should just quit

It appears he's allready made tracks.. :( He's set to miss Laguna this weekend (where he was supposed to return) so that doesnt bode well for the future of KRJnr im afraid..

mx311
24th July 2007, 07:10
Well I'm glad that this is now official since a few people I know didn't believe me, they thought Marco was going to Kawasaki. Haha, in your faces. :laugh:

Seriously though, that will be a great team next year. Interesting to see what Loris does, my understanding is that if he runs a third Ducati it will be for the European GP's only (ie he'll only be part-time). Oh and alot of testing of course.

Dr. Gellar
24th July 2007, 07:25
Well I'm glad that this is now official since a few people I know didn't believe me, they thought Marco was going to Kawasaki. Haha, in your faces. :laugh:

Seriously though, that will be a great team next year. Interesting to see what Loris does, my understanding is that if he runs a third Ducati it will be for the European GP's only (ie he'll only be part-time). Oh and alot of testing of course.

Great deal for Marco. This is what he wanted last year, and I'm glad to see he's finally getting it. Hope he does well.

Capirossi's potential deal with Ducati could be interesting. He'd basically be giving up the dream of becoming of getting a MotoGP championship, but it's his call. Perhaps it'll give him a little more time with his family.

mx311
24th July 2007, 07:33
Capirossi's potential deal with Ducati could be interesting. He'd basically be giving up the dream of becoming of getting a MotoGP championship, but it's his call. Perhaps it'll give him a little more time with his family.
Well like I said, I've heard (so it may be totally untrue) that if Loris wants to continue racing full-time then he'll head to Suzuki, if he wants to spend more time with the family but continue racing then there is a part-time deal available at Ducati. Of course if Loris ends the year strongly Ducati may ask him to stick around full-time. ;)