PDA

View Full Version : Capirex signs with Suzuki?

burger
19th July 2007, 00:27
I saw over on rideontwo.com that someone has linked to an mcn article that says that Capirossi has signed with Suzuki!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/mcn/2007/july/july16-22/july1807loriscapirossiinshocksuzukimove/?&R=EPI-92813

Don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, that's from waaay out in left field

Dr. Gellar
19th July 2007, 02:30
I saw over on rideontwo.com that someone has linked to an mcn article that says that Capirossi has signed with Suzuki!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/mcn/2007/july/july16-22/july1807loriscapirossiinshocksuzukimove/?&R=EPI-92813

Don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, that's from waaay out in left field

Certainly caught me by surprise. If true, so much for Capirossi joining Hopkins at Kawasaki. According to the article it looks like Vermeulen will stay at Suzuki as well.

tha_jackal
19th July 2007, 02:43
All good signs for the Ant man :)

mx311
19th July 2007, 06:04
Well Loris is out the door at Ducati so it's Suzuki or Kawasaki for him and it seems Suzuki is winning the race for his signature. Be a better move for Loris imo.

tha_jackal
19th July 2007, 08:45
I think an EVEN better move would be retirement, give someone with some room to grow and potential a chance..

ChrisS
19th July 2007, 10:19
sounds like the best compromise for both parties to me.

Best available factory ride for Loris since no seats were available at Ducati, Honda or Yamaha, best available rider for Suzuki since other top riders are already signed.

T-D
19th July 2007, 12:41
I think an EVEN better move would be retirement, give someone with some room to grow and potential a chance..couldn't agree more. well, maybe a move to wsbk. but there's no way he deserves a factory ride after this year's performance.

NinjaMaster
19th July 2007, 14:12
Tough crowd, one bad year and Loris should be out on his arse? Nup. Make the young'uns earn their spot methinks.

Schultz
20th July 2007, 13:46
I don't think we can even call the year he has had bad yet. I mean there is a longw way to go and he seems to be really gaining control over the bike just now. If he wins a couple more races, we might be looking at the points tally for 2007 next year and saying he did a pretty fine job. He is hitting his straps and I think Suzuki and Kawasaki are recognising that.