PDA

View Full Version : Btcc 08?

Angelkiss017
17th July 2007, 14:38
Does the BTCC definatley happen every year?
I've missed the best races this year and was hoping to catch them next year?
If so, will it be around the same dates as they were this year?
Thanks
x :)

Mark
17th July 2007, 14:47
Does the BTCC definatley happen every year?

Erm.. well... yes...

OK.

No the calendars are usually quite different every year, races may well be around the same sort of time, but usually not exactly the same.

PDS
17th July 2007, 15:54

Fortunately all races are different. So next years races wil not be the same as this year...

BUT, you could buy the season reveiw on DVD and watch them whenever you want!

SEATFreak
17th July 2007, 17:06

I think IMHPO you will be likely to catch your favourites next year. Places like Donny, Knockhill and Oulton seem firm fixtures in the BTCC calendar. The thing about Silverstone early this year and it being replaced by Rockingham and whatever happened with Mondello Park for it to be not on the calendar are IMHPO not the usual.

They can change. I cannot speak about Knockhill or maybe Oulton as I have never visited them places but this years Croft meeting was the earliest in 10 years of hosting the BTCC. Over the weekend of June 2nd and 3rd. The previous earliest was June 25 (2000). The only other June dates were in 1997 and 1998. Except for 2001 Every other date was in July.

Something tells me to expect it to return to July in 2008 though.

Captain VXR
17th July 2007, 17:13
Don't forget Thruxton seems permanent a fixture too :D

VkmSpouge
17th July 2007, 18:59
Thanks
x :)

The dates tend to change around in the BTCC, however the tracks usually remain the same. Oulton Park, Donington, Thruxton, Snetterton, Brands Hatch and Croft have all consistently been on the calendar for the past 10 years.

SEATFreak
18th July 2007, 08:38
Also Vkm I think other sprting events that are happening locally can have an influence on when a race is held at a circuit.

Say Silverstone returns in 2008. Would you say the WTCC rounds at Brands Hatch going on over the same race weekend would permit the BTCC to run at Silverstone?

Say it is late in the BTCC season and the football season begins. Manchester United are playing a big Premiership game at home. Considering Cheshire is local to Lancashire would the fact such a big game local to Oulton would result in any kind of shift in the date for Oulton Park?

Mark
18th July 2007, 09:08
Say it is late in the BTCC season and the football season begins. Manchester United are playing a big Premiership game at home. Considering Cheshire is local to Lancashire would the fact such a big game local to Oulton would result in any kind of shift in the date for Oulton Park?

Probably not for Premiership game, no. It would barely register a blip on the usual traffic flows. Scheduling arrangements are one of the biggest headaches for BTCC organisers. First of all they have to wait for the F1 schedule to be released, as because of the TV coverage they can't run on an F1 weekend, and having F1 on the TV can also result in lower crowds at the track.

Then you have all the other considerations such as Goodwood, Wimbledon, and things like you don't want to schedule Knockhill at the same time as T In The Park.

Then you have to consider which tracks are best in the summer and those in the spring and autumn and the travel arrangements for the teams.. then when you release the schedule everyone moans because it clashes with something. All in all, a pretty thankless task :p