PDA

View Full Version : MOT The Mechanic's Take

oily oaf
17th July 2007, 07:18
My dear friends, the following are a few helpful pointers to get you through the undoubted ordeal of your yearly quest for the highly prized and oft elusive "Ticket"

DO Wait nicely in reception during the test and have a nice cup of coloured hot water and browse through the plethora of magazines on the coffee table.
At present we can boast a full 1982 backlog of "Enema Digest" and a highly sought after copy of the award winning 1975 issue of "Women And Animals"
Something there for everyone I think you'll agree :)

DO NOT Hang around aimlessly outside the testing bay, grinning inanely at the tester, whistling nonchalantly and asking "How's it going"? and "Everything alright?" every five bloody minutes as you'll be astonished how easily a carelessly wielded screwdriver can slip from a suspension bush and tear open an unprotected CV joint gaitor :mad:

If the tester remarks that a lower suspension arm bush is badly worn DO accidentally drop a £50 note into the inspection pit before retiring to reception (see point 1)

Ladies. "Accidentally" revealing some or all of your bodily particles may not result in the tester overlooking badly worn steering linkage but it certainly wont do your chances any harm.

Finally DO NOT harass or irritate the tester in any way, shape or form as a rectally inserted exhaust emission probe may cause offence.

I hope this helps :bandit:

Brown, Jon Brow
17th July 2007, 11:34
I know what you mechanics are like after my work experience I did a few years back.
Half the time when they are fixing cars they just take them for a test drive ('to find out whats wrong with them') then park up outside the local golf club and watch people play golf for 30 minutes.

They are easily distracted as well. One of my high school teachers came to check up on how the work experience was going and it happened to be one of the hot ones (hot as in good looking, not higher than average body temperature). All of the mechanics dropped what they were doing and ran to the office so they could spy on this teacher. :evil:

Daniel
17th July 2007, 11:50
They are easily distracted as well. One of my high school teachers came to check up on how the work experience was going and it happened to be one of the hot ones (hot as in good looking, not higher than average body temperature). All of the mechanics dropped what they were doing and ran to the office so they could spy on this teacher. :evil:

This is different to any other profession how? :p

I regularly spy on a hot teacher. It's good.

Brown, Jon Brow
17th July 2007, 11:53

I regularly spy on a hot teacher.

I suppose. At the butchers work place once someone was sharpening a knife on a steel and got distracted by a female walking past. He took his eyes off the steel and the knife went straight into his thumb :s

janneppi
17th July 2007, 12:10

I regularly spy on a hot teacher. It's good.
You're the insanely jealous type aren't you. ;)

Daniel
17th July 2007, 12:18
You're the insanely jealous type aren't you. ;)
As long as someone doesn't spy on my hot teacher it's all good :p

Brown, Jon Brow
17th July 2007, 12:47
As long as someone doesn't spy on my hot teacher it's all good :p

Oh I see ;)

But what about when she takes her car for an MOT. You don't what those mechanics are thinking.

Daniel
17th July 2007, 12:50
Oh I see ;)

But what about when she takes her car for an MOT. You don't what those mechanics are thinking.
She drops it off and leaves it there for the day and then the mechanic calls her :p

Hazell B
18th July 2007, 20:10
HAZELL'S TIPS FOR SUCCESS ON MOT DAY

Know your mechanic. Fifteen years should do it. Go the day after his birthday, catch him hungover, and you're sure to leave like a happy bunny.

Know your mechanic's drink. Guinness should do it. Go the minute before the test and ask when he'll be ready for his first evening noggin. He'll be sure to leave like a horny bunny.

Know where you mechanic's kids go to school. One mild threat should do it. If he's childless (mine is, he thinks) ask pointed questions about the health of his mongrel bitch Poppy, found wandering the streets on Nov 11th at 11am some year ago ;) She won't be chasing no bunnies ......