PDA

View Full Version : "Let them eat cake ..... again"

Hazell B
16th July 2007, 20:36
I feel sick.

Yesterday we were given about fifty quid's worth of home made cakes, scones, Danish pastries, caramel slices, assorted muffins, brownies, nutty slices and a huge lemon sponge. :facelick:
Cake Lady at market wouldn't take no for an answer, handing us the whole contents of her unsold trays after rain closed the market early. She's always sold out in the past as her stuff is so good.

Cheese scones and Danish pastry for breakfast, strawberry cream cake and lemon sponge for tea .... even I'm over faced by it all now :s

Anyone fancy an extra goo filled caramel slice with cadbury chocolate on top? Yours for the asking :)

Drew
16th July 2007, 20:59
Are you able to post them? :p :

Hazell B
16th July 2007, 21:25
Post, carrier pigeon, dog sled delivery (Eki only) or via a dirty Land Rover.

Choice is yours.

Eki
17th July 2007, 08:58
Post, carrier pigeon, dog sled delivery (Eki only) or via a dirty Land Rover.

Choice is yours.
I'll have some. Pack them well, so the delivery dogs won't eat them all on the way.

Daniel
17th July 2007, 09:21
I feel sick.

Yesterday we were given about fifty quid's worth of home made cakes, scones, Danish pastries, caramel slices, assorted muffins, brownies, nutty slices and a huge lemon sponge. :facelick:
Cake Lady at market wouldn't take no for an answer, handing us the whole contents of her unsold trays after rain closed the market early. She's always sold out in the past as her stuff is so good.

Cheese scones and Danish pastry for breakfast, strawberry cream cake and lemon sponge for tea .... even I'm over faced by it all now :s

Anyone fancy an extra goo filled caramel slice with cadbury chocolate on top? Yours for the asking :)
I'll take the danish pastries thanks :)

LotusElise
17th July 2007, 09:35
Any caramel slices left? Can collect if it's easier!

slinkster
17th July 2007, 10:55
Does this come with the added fat tax??

Loobylou
17th July 2007, 17:57
Cakes from places like this are so much nicer than store bought. :facelick:

You can't let any go to waste Hazell!! :p :

Hazell B
18th July 2007, 19:42
Cakes from places like this are so much nicer than store bought. :facelick:

You can't let any go to waste Hazell!! :p :

I may just break your heart with this little nugget.

Mick dropped the last 8th of the vast lemon cake. To be honest, I almost felt relief as it hit the deck :mark:

Everything but the two final cheese scones (toasting them later) is now eaten or frozen. It's been a tough slog, but we managed it in the end.

Caramel slices do not a good breakfast make :s :p :

Loobylou
19th July 2007, 12:45
I may just break your heart with this little nugget.

Mick dropped the last 8th of the vast lemon cake.
Caramel slices do not a good breakfast make :s :p :

I'll live, just about. :(

I'm going to do a crumble for tea tonight, so ner :p :.

Rhubarb, home stewed... mmmmmmmmmm.

I've eaten much worse for breakfast. ;)

Hazell B
19th July 2007, 21:44
Found another caramel slice lurking at the back of the fridge. :rolleyes:

Managed to eat half of it after my pepper and mushroom jalfiezi (sp?) before running out of steam. Couldn't face the other half, no matter how I tried.

Luckily, 'im indoors managed to finish it.

Am living in fear the same load will be shoved our way next sunday morning :(

veeten
19th July 2007, 22:59
I'll take a slice, with a cold glass of milk please. :lips: :)

CarlMetro
19th July 2007, 23:32
So we'll be ok for scram at Snetterton then? :D :lips:

Mp3 Astra
19th July 2007, 23:50
Please tell me this was moist lemon cake!

LeonBrooke
20th July 2007, 09:00
I have absolutely no objection to anyone donating fresh baked goods to me if they want ;)

Hazell B
20th July 2007, 19:17
I have absolutely no objection to anyone donating fresh baked goods to me if they want ;)

I felt the same, but after eating so much you soon change view. It's just criminal to bin home baked, perfectly made cakes yet treating your body like a bin is equally stupid. My neighbours are either diabetic (five out of seven houses full!) or not sweet eaters.

It was a dilema I don't want again :p :

Carl, we shall see and await Cake Lady's mood, eh? :)

nicemms
20th July 2007, 21:38
If you don't want any I'll have some. My grandma only lives in Brough so you could drop it off there for me?

LeonBrooke
22nd July 2007, 08:07
I felt the same, but after eating so much you soon change view. It's just criminal to bin home baked, perfectly made cakes yet treating your body like a bin is equally stupid. My neighbours are either diabetic (five out of seven houses full!) or not sweet eaters.

It was a dilema I don't want again :p :

Carl, we shall see and await Cake Lady's mood, eh? :)

It's almost as if you were destined to make yourself sick like that ;)