PDA

View Full Version : Riders in Advertising

patnicholls
14th July 2007, 19:54
With MotoGP's profile growing, we've recently seen a few riders getting involved with advertising products on TV.

The question is: which of them do you think is the funniest? :D

All of them are on YouTube with a little searching (I don't think we can link to YouTube on this forum).

The Phantom
15th July 2007, 04:12
Nicky Hayden's CBR600RR advert (not listed above) is funny, but not intentionally - he just sounds like a dumb kid!

Will have a look for them on YouTube...

I read that Stoner is being offered endorsement deals from all directions and is saying no to all of them - keeping totally focused on the racing rather than going off doing two day photo shoots etc... while he's not on the sort of money as the likes of Rossi, he did negotiate a performance-based salary, so is probably pretty happy with his income!

tha_jackal
15th July 2007, 04:41
Yer we dont get ANY of those adds here in Aus, but i youtubed and have to go with Rossi ..

AndyRAC
15th July 2007, 12:08
Don't get them here in UK, though saying that we don't get anything motorbike related on TV, not sure why though? I'm sure there is a big enough market.

Mihai
15th July 2007, 16:52
Last year I saw Nicky Hayden in a GAS jeans commercial on Eurosport. I think he is a very marketable rider.

patnicholls
17th July 2007, 22:51
I voted for Marco's first Nolan advert - basically there's a series of shots of him considering a sequence of girls, who lift up their Nolan flip-up helmets to reveal their face and their name appears at the same time.

The last shot he kisses one of them, in a wedding-style shot, and the tag-line is "Nolan - the right choices improve your life". :p

I laughed the first time I saw it. Maybe it worked better in Italian! :D

----------------------

-and, I've seen them all except the Muggas one on British Eurosport, although the Thomas Luthi one hasn't been on much.