Filray
14th July 2007, 10:41
Full video and/or full audio download available
http://www.v8trophy.com/

Regards

JDPower
14th July 2007, 15:55
Full video and/or full audio download available
Of what exactly? A description of what people are are actually paying(?!?!) for would be useful I guess.

Duane
15th July 2007, 09:56
Origionally proposed for the DARKNESS to play, "GREEN GREEN GREEN" was fianally recorded last summer by Norwich based Rock band "RESUME".
The Video was set about by our forum friends Kieth and Sharon of WEEBIT Productions with the final cut being comleted after new series sponsors MAC TOOLS came on board and just in time for the big screen debut at the Abingdon air show.
Finally the hard bit was getting the Sequre payment method done, Richard from Mission Control completed this by using PayPal and was tested friday night.

It is a bit later than we would of liked but at £1.50 GBP we hope to raise money for the 5 charities involved in the series as well as series costs.

Most people on the forum wanted a way to help so please help us to promote this simple way of showing others what the V8's and Rockingham is all about.

it will also be passed around all the charites for them to download thus raising money for themselves and allowing them to see what their Charities are involved in, hopefully it will also generate ticket sales with something visual tempting their taste buds.

Thank you

Duane

Duane
15th July 2007, 10:05
Origionally proposed for the DARKNESS to play, "GREEN GREEN GREEN" was fianally recorded last summer by Norwich based Rock band "RESUME".
The Video was set about by our forum friends Kieth and Sharon of WEEBIT Productions with the final cut being comleted after new series sponsors MAC TOOLS came on board and just in time for the big screen debut at the Abingdon air show.
Finally the hard bit was getting the Sequre payment method done, Richard from Mission Control completed this by using PayPal and was tested friday night.

It is a bit later than we would of liked but at £1.50 GBP we hope to raise money for the 5 charities involved in the series as well as series costs.

Most people on the forum wanted a way to help so please help us to promote this simple way of showing others what the V8's and Rockingham is all about.

it will also be passed around all the charites for them to download thus raising money for themselves and allowing them to see what their Charities are involved in, hopefully it will then also generate more ticket sales with something visual tempting their taste buds.

Thank you all in advance

Duane

Filray
15th July 2007, 10:33
Of what exactly? A description of what people are are actually paying(?!?!) for would be useful I guess.

Yes quite right JDP

I have asked Duane/Richard to add information to the download site to show the content of the video and audio files.

Regards

Duane
16th July 2007, 06:42
it would seem that the download got a bit overloaded yesterday, so thank you if you managed to get it already.

it is being promoted not only here in the UK but in a number of places worldwide, Germany, New Zealand, Austrailia, Spain, Portugal, Brazil and the States to name a few so hopefully any teething problems will be sorted out today.

if you know anyone who would be interested in helping with the fund raising then please let them know.

Cheers

Duane

Abo
16th July 2007, 12:05
Get it on iTunes!

cgs
16th July 2007, 17:07
if anyone has any reviews of the video they would like to post, that would be appreciated! i worked hard on this thing :D

racing59
16th July 2007, 20:33
if anyone has any reviews of the video they would like to post, that would be appreciated! i worked hard on this thing :D

Why for your website temporarily closed?

Have you broken the server? You didn't let Tractor format the hard disks with his best panel beating hammer???

cgs
16th July 2007, 22:20
its some silly thing. the host recons i'm sending spam from the site, (which obviously i am not doing) so they closed it. so i'm having a nice email arguement with them to get it back open!

racing59
16th July 2007, 23:02
Aha, you be a victim of a joe-job then.

That'll be the nice man in Bulgaria that likes doing that. I have his address if you know anyone with a pickaxe handle and a love of kneecaps...

Rob.

Sticker Rub
17th July 2007, 21:27
Aha, you be a victim of a joe-job then.

That'll be the nice man in Bulgaria that likes doing that. I have his address if you know anyone with a pickaxe handle and a love of kneecaps...

Rob.

Join the queue... :mad: :ninja:

Speedworx
17th July 2007, 23:06

I might have some of them on my pc. Could upload to youtube if that helps.

racing59
17th July 2007, 23:41
That would defeat the object of "downloading it to raise money for the charities".

Please people - don't put it on You Tube. Maybe a clip, just to wet people's appetites... There's an idea for the CGS magic fingers on the editing desk....

Rob.

Duane
18th July 2007, 06:51
yes a clip on you tube or myspace might be a good idea, anything to generate an interest is good.

The Download is a duel purpose tool for our Race weekends, for promotion and Fund raising at the same time, at £1.50 its cheap enough that it will not be missed out of a PayPal account but means that it needs to snowball into tens of thousands to start to make a difference to the series and charities.

if you have ever wanted to explain to a friend what we do on a summer sunday then ask them to have a look, they can be anywhere in the world, we have friends all over the world helping, and as its only £1.50 and they know its helping our associated charities what can hurt in them having a look...... but if they are not told though how can they know too, please let them know .

just to let you know, the idea of the package was to have a purpose made song to fit with how our race goes, the build up of the grid, then the imortal words "Gentlemen start your engine's" and the rift starts slowly for the warm up laps, Green, Green, Green is heard and the instrumental takes off, a lead break signals the first part then back to the rift was meant for pitstops then back to another lead break with it ending on a motorhead style Mac-tools ending.

it was origonally going to be called "Gentleman start your engines" but when people heard the Green part they fell about laughing so much it seemed a more fitting name so "Green Green Green" it became,

we hope it is enjoyed and gets replayed, promotes out sundays and not only raises money but gets more people back at track.

lets see how it builds

Duane

cgs
18th July 2007, 11:49
I might have some of them on my pc. Could upload to youtube if that helps.

what i meant was, review THIS video, the Green Green Green video, not my previous videos!

Chigley
18th July 2007, 12:03
what i meant was, review THIS video, the Green Green Green video, not my previous videos!

The camera shake needs controlling a bit or were you shivering ;)

quorky
18th July 2007, 17:22
downloaded will not play

racing59
18th July 2007, 22:00
What are you using to play it Quorky?

I use either Real Player, or Media Player 10.

Rob.

Filray
19th July 2007, 00:58
downloaded will not play

Hey Quorky, you need something a little more modern than this to play it :)

quorky
19th July 2007, 11:36
What are you using to play it Quorky?

I use either Real Player, or Media Player 10.

Rob.tryed both

quorky
19th July 2007, 11:39
Hey Quorky, you need something a little more modern than this to play it :)
your nic :vader: ked your mums hearing ad again

Duane
19th July 2007, 18:30
Hi All, i was sent the following today from our sponsors, Protex ltd

Hi Duane

Hope you are all prepared for this weekend. We will see you again and cheer the team on!

With reference to the video and sound track on the SCSA website. I felt I should comment...........

The Video
Green, Green, Green, is excellent. excellent. excellent! The video demonstrates to the non Rockingham fan the fun, seriousness and spectacular that oval racing has. It makes Rockingham look like a top USA oval. It also makes the sport look highly professional. It cleverly masks the fact that the grid is smaller than what a NASCAR fans would expect to see.

To demonstrate the power of the video, let me explain what happened when my daughter viewed it. She is a typical 18 year old girl who likes music, make up and clothes (in that order). She has no interest in motorsport at all (despite me trying to brain wash her since the age of 2!). After showing her the video the turned round to me and said:

"Dad, can I come to Rockingham with you next time you go please".

Well done to all! Now please proceed and market it as much as you can!

The MP3 Track
Brilliant. The rock music track is ideally suited to the sport. Shame the darkness did not do it, only because there may have been more media attention, not the quality. Please promote this as much as possible.

Please pass on my humble comments to the relevant people. Post it in the forums if you want.

Again, well done to all.....Impressive.

Regards

Adrian Symons
Systems & Development Manager

Protex Fasteners Ltd