PDA

View Full Version : McWilliams and Pitt in Ilmor 07

jonny hurlock
19th December 2006, 10:14
Jezza and andy pitt will be in moto gp next year on ilmor x3, i'm pleased to see pitt get a good drive nex year, but, why have they hiring mcwilliams for next season. i know his still fast, but, his going to be another jr (john rennolds), still got the talent, broken bones

tha_jackal
19th December 2006, 12:27
Jezza and andy pitt will be in moto gp next year on ilmor x3, i'm pleased to see pitt get a good drive nex year, but, why have they hiring mcwilliams for next season. i know his still fast, but, his going to be another jr (john rennolds), still got the talent, broken bones

Good to see Pitty score a ride after being given a raw deal by Yamaha WSBK. I think Jezza has been hired purely for his vast experience (being 42 years old) and development ability. Wonder what happened to Gazza McCoy? Maybe he bailed on the Ilmor x3 because its been such a nail compared to the other 800 prototypes in testing. :p :

NinjaMaster
20th December 2006, 10:53
I'm actually gutted for Pitt. I think it's a massive step backwards for him as I see him as a WSB frontrunner who would be mid-pack at best in MotoGP and will sadly be no more than a backmarker on uncompetitive machinery like when he was at Kawasaki MotoGP. Also makes a mockery of Ilmors announcement a while back that they would pick up an experienced rider and a young ex-250 rider. Seeing as Pitt never raced 250's, perhaps McWill lied about his age? :D

neninja
20th December 2006, 15:47
I agree about Pitt. I'd have liked to see him with a top WSB team.

Surprised at the selection of Jeremy McWilliams - they could surely have done better than that. I suppose he was cheaper that Gary McCoy who I heard tends to price himself a bit too high.

stockcar
20th December 2006, 20:31
Jez's certainly one of the best development riders, seems to be very in demand from various manufacturers!!

fatman
20th December 2006, 21:25
I like McCoy so I would have liked to see him get the ride, but considering the Ilmor is a nail compared to the rest of the line up I can understand why they picked McWilliams. Maybe after a couple of years focusing only on development they can get up to speed.

ozrevhead
20th December 2006, 23:51
great stuff from Pitty :D - this makes it three Aussies on the Grid

BRING ON 2007 I say

patnicholls
21st December 2006, 00:11
Agree with the thumbs down on Pitty taking this ride, looks like a massive step backwards for him when in theory he had the pick of the rides for 2007, certainly in WSB.

Can't see this being anything other than a repeat of his time on the Kwak MotoGP bike really.

McWilliams gives it his all on odd bikes (Proton, Aprilia twin, etc) but at 42 he'll be up against it too in terms of fitness as he comes back from his multiple broken bones.

While when we first saw the Ilmor last year some - myself included - thought it was quite nifty, it looks like the big boys have really upped their game with the 800s and the Ilmor will be at the back sadly.

fatman
21st December 2006, 02:03
Ilmor has 2 years to become competitive otherwise they are waisting their time. If Jeremy is a great development rider than his age is a benefit. That said, if he has anymore injuries this year they better have a plan B (mccoy, cough cough)