PDA

View Full Version : Henri Pescarolo is considering in getting a Peugeot 908

harvick#1
14th July 2007, 02:52
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60756

that would be great if he comes to the ALMS

DavePI2
14th July 2007, 16:53
good news for alms(crossing fingers). I hope they do come. Definetley a good sign for alms though. It does appear it is the one series that is growing.

David

grassrootsracer
14th July 2007, 23:18
While it'd be cool to see some Pescarolo-run Peugeots battling Audi on our turf, I hope he comes to the 'States with his own chassis. It seems far more sensible to run his existing car, rather than spend the money on a new 908 (that is if Peugeot even offers the chassis to customers).

What about the chance of Pescarolo developing an LMP2 chassis? Just thought I'd throw that out there. Either way, I've got my fingers crossed for a welcome addition to the ALMS.

Sleeper
17th July 2007, 01:57
While it'd be cool to see some Pescarolo-run Peugeots battling Audi on our turf, I hope he comes to the 'States with his own chassis. It seems far more sensible to run his existing car, rather than spend the money on a new 908 (that is if Peugeot even offers the chassis to customers).

What about the chance of Pescarolo developing an LMP2 chassis? Just thought I'd throw that out there. Either way, I've got my fingers crossed for a welcome addition to the ALMS.
Well, the article did say get a Peugeot OR run his own car in the states. Personally I would like to see him replace the Judd engine with a supply of Pugs engines (either that or the ACO make a real equivelency formula).

I believe there is an LMP2 team in Europe running a Pescarollo in the LMS.

Mark in Oshawa
17th July 2007, 07:54
good news for alms(crossing fingers). I hope they do come. Definetley a good sign for alms though. It does appear it is the one series that is growing.

David

Growing if you look at P2 and GT2. P1 is the Audi's and the odd privateer and GT1 is the "which Pratt and Miller Vette wins this one?"show....

Tom206wrc
24th February 2009, 16:30
Return of the rumour for the 2009 24h of Le Mans !!!! :eek: :eek:

According to Endurance-Info staff members Pescarolo could get a 908 for the race !!!!

Answer this thursday, when entrymlist of 2009 Le Mans published ;)

rob01
25th February 2009, 12:48
Personally I'm not keen on the idea of Henri Pescarolo running a customer 908.

I always root for the independent's who take on the big factory teams, i'd love to see his team develope his cars into winners.

On the other hand if it means Pescarolo's team is going to be racing rather than having to stop because they cant compete, I'm all for it!

Tom206wrc
26th February 2009, 09:02
Today's L'Equipe writes it's 100% official Pesca with the 908 :bounce:

They add it'll be a 2008 spec. with 2009 air-cooled system...and Kolles with the R10s is clearly the aim of Peugeot for having a privateer 908 for the first time :)

About the driver line-up for the Pesca 908 at Le Mans, I'd personally would bet on Jean-Christophe Boullion(with Pescarolo team since 2000), Christophe Tinseau and Joao Barbosa...

Tom206wrc
25th May 2009, 10:03
http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/images/news/2009_LeMans_PeugeotPescarolo.jpg

Today and tomorrow at the Magny-Cours circuit ;)

Simon Pagenaud already discovered the 908 at 1000km of Spa in race condition(+ a 30hours test me thinks)
Jean-Christophe Boullion had a 30hours test recently(last week)
Eric Tréluyet will discover the car during this two-days test

Tom206wrc
25th May 2009, 10:49
And a bit more pics :cool:

http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/actualite-endurance-1331.html

Blue-white-green livery ;)

Tom206wrc
25th May 2009, 18:57
And pics again :p :

http://www.autohebdo.fr/photos.php?u=&id=116

Tom206wrc
27th May 2009, 08:04
A few official pics with the crew :)

http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/actualite-endurance-1341.html

wmcot
29th May 2009, 08:33
A great improvement over the original colors! :)

Tom206wrc
30th September 2009, 13:51
It looks more and more Pescarolo won't have a 908 anymore next year, as his biggest sponsor(and co-owner)told in a newspaper it was out of question for the Pug(too expensive)... :(

But interesting though, Olivier Quesnel said on Endurance-Info that five teams were interested in running the fourth 908 at the 2010 Le Mans race :eek:

Wondering who they are :confused:
My first thought was Charouz Racing System to be one of them...

Tom206wrc
14th November 2009, 09:32
Very interesting rumour !!!! Henri Pescarolo alone(without his team, that belongs now to sponsor SORA)could associate with Czech team CHAROUZ Racing System and they could run together the 4th Peugeot 908 at the 2010 Le Mans race !!! :D

I repeat: that's rumour and that also may not happen at all ;)

One thing is sure though, Pescarolo, Charouz, and a few other teams are interested in renting the 4th 908 for the Big Race next year :)

In case of Charouz would be chosen(according to L'Equipe Peugeot could chose the team next week), someone on Endurance-Info imagined what the czech livery would look on the 908...I personnally like it :up:
http://www.endurance-info.com/2009_Le_Mans/FantaisiePeugeot2010_01.jpg

Tom206wrc
25th November 2009, 10:19
Crazy and unexpected !!!!! :crazy:
According to today Auto Hebdo, Henri Pescarolo alone(without his team, belonging to Sora Composites now)could partner with mexican team Fernandez Racing and hire the 4th 908 wich would run the 24h of Le Mans with an all mexican drivers line-up :eek: :eek:

But brazilian team de Ferran is also on the short list of "serious" candidates(meaning with enough budget according to Quesnel's conditions) ;)

Tom206wrc
26th November 2009, 15:53
http://forum.automovilismovirtual.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

The project would involve Henri Pescarolo, Sébastien Loeb, Mexico city(tourism for europeans)and Peugeot Mexico...rather exciting :)

chryby
27th November 2009, 10:48
interesting :)

but I still hope 908 (or another diesel car) will be in Antonin Charouz hands ;)

harvick#1
27th November 2009, 16:09
according to mariantic.co.uk/lmp, the deal is not there for Fernandez

I do not know French though, so translate please
http://www.endurance-series.com/peugeot-mexique-quelques-precisions/4785/

Tom206wrc
27th November 2009, 16:26
Endurance-Info today announces that the mexican project and de Ferran Motorsport are gone...

Possibilities remaining:
-Signature
-Oreca
-Pescarolo/Charouz

The official answer soon apparently(perhaps this week-end) ;)

Tom206wrc
9th December 2009, 15:50
Well, well, well, Pescarolo-Sport being bought by Oak Racing(official today), I don't know what it means for Henri himself !!! :mark:

harvick#1
9th December 2009, 16:42
There is a new rumor that the 4th Peugeot is gonna be fielded with Red Bull sponsorship with drivers Loeb, Raikkonen and Coulthard.

AndyRAC
9th December 2009, 21:27
There is a new rumor that the 4th Peugeot is gonna be fielded with Red Bull sponsorship with drivers Loeb, Raikkonen and Coulthard.

I've heard that rumour, it's very 'interesting', to say the least.

Tom206wrc
17th December 2009, 10:49
Finally to ORECA the 4th 908, according to AutoHebdo's latest news(website) ;)

I feel a litlle bit sad for Pescarolo :(
Unless Henri becomes ORECA's team manager alongside Hughes de Chaunac :p :

Tom206wrc
8th January 2010, 13:56
Jean-Christophe Boullion will drive for Rebellion Racing in LMS and Le Mans this season(article on Endurance-Info) !!!!

He was the driver the most comitted to Pescarolo-Sport adventure...I let you conclude the story...

:( :( :(

Tom206wrc
30th April 2010, 16:11
END for Pescarolo-Sport !!!! Sora Composites chief Jean Py failed to attract GENII Capital(Renault F1 owner)and it's now UNLIKELY they can find budget for the 24h of Le Mans !!!!

Disaster !!!! ;( ;(

V12
7th May 2010, 00:58
I heard this too and that's a crying shame, manufacturers are great but they come and go but here was a top-notch private entrant that was not only a mainstay, but was building their own unique car (even if initially based on a Courage) to do so, they'll be a loss.

Tom206wrc
7th May 2010, 18:08
Game over, the two Pescarolos of 2010 Le Mans entrylist, have been retired by ACO today :(

Tom206wrc
15th October 2010, 15:57
PESCAROLO-SPORT's future may be saved today thanks to Jacques Nicolet(Oak Racing)friend of Henri, who BOUGHT all the material which was for sale today at the Technoparc of Le Mans !!!! HURRRRAYYYY :bounce: :bounce:

Nicolet promised Pescarolo will compete in 2011 :)