Sebastien Bourdois
Sebastien Vettel
Bruno Senna
Nelson Piquet Jnr
Neel Jani
Will Power

And the future superstar of F1 and this guy will surpass even Hamiltons debut

Nico Hulkenburg.

Hulkenburg is really intriguing...Schumacher catching your eye will certainly do that to you...

But, in all honestly, forget about the future mate, F1 is about the here and now...it's practically overflowing with young talent:

Race Drivers:
Raikkonen 27
Massa 25
Alonso 25
Hamilton 22
Kubica 22
Kovalienen 24
Rosberg 22
Sutil 24

Test Drivers:
Vettel 19
Piquet 21

These guys are essentially both stars of the present and the future considering their age...Hiedfeld who's only 29 is probably considered an elder statesman...

Personally I don't see Doornbas or Bourdais being anything more than backmarkers in F1...

waitey
14th July 2007, 02:44
jazeman firhan jaafar. Trust me, this guy is a freak. I was over at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia in June for meetings with the Formula BMW Asia teams about my aims for next season and hung out with him a lot of the weekend, he's going to be a gun. Almost guaranteed to be in Formula One in a few years, still only 14.

By the way, I'm trying to get over for a test next week actualy in Sentul, Indonesia, after the next event this weekend. Am always looking for more sponsorship opportunities for testing this year and the Formula BMW Asia season next season. Anyone that knows anyone that is interested just PM me and i will send you some details.

Cheers.

Back to the topic,

we have many drivers already in f1 that will turn up the heat for a number of years. Hamilton, Kimi, Massa, Kubica, Alonso, Rosberg, Kovalainen even Sutil looks a likely type.

Martin Brundle said he had heard Hamilton say that hamilton thinks kubica could be his biggest threat in a few years if his BMW is a winning car or Kubica is in a winning car.

For up and coming drivers, basically what people have said already...but remember jazeman jaafar, the malaysian wonderkid.

FIA
14th July 2007, 10:30
Future Talent Grid

McLaren:- Alonso & Hamilton W/ Paffett
Renault:- Kovalainen & Piquet W/ Di Grassi
Ferrari:- Massa & Raikkonen W/ Filippi
Honda:- Button & Andretti W/ Jaafar
BMW:- Heidfeld & Kubica W/ Hulkenberg
Toyota:- Nakajima & Sutil W/ Montagny
Red Bull:- Webber & Doornbos W/ Jani
Williams:- Rosberg & Liuzzi W/ Montoya
Toro Rosso:- Bourdais & Vettel W/ Senna
Spyker:- Klien & Glock W/ Kerr
Super Aguri:- Sato & Davidson W/ Yamamoto
Prodrive:- Power & Rossiter W/ Carroll

Now! That's the future.

ChrisS
14th July 2007, 11:42
Paul di Resta is a future F1 talent if he doesnt get stuck in DTM

Ian McC
14th July 2007, 12:13
Paul di Resta is a future F1 talent if he doesnt get stuck in DTM

DTM to F1, it didn't work so well for Paffett

ioan
14th July 2007, 13:27
Future Talent Grid

Now! That's the future.

Webber and Montoya are future F1 Talents?

Stuartf12007
14th July 2007, 13:47
Ioan, Robbie Kerr at Spyker! I have watched Robbie alot in A1 he is a good driver but not fast enough for F1 and you would need to be extra fast for Spyker.

interesting comments from you all so far.

wedge
14th July 2007, 14:53
Sam Bird and Nial Breen! Currently doing good things in Brit F3. They have a better future than the CCWS drivers.

Apart from Seb Bourdais, I can't see those guys in CCWS going anywhere else in F1. The general trend is once you're in America, you stay in America.

FIA
14th July 2007, 15:13
Webber and Montoya are future F1 Talents?

I still Webber having a great season and I wish Montoya was back in F1, as I feel he has unfished business in F1.

And as for Robbie Kerr, I madea mistake Adrian Valles was meant to be there, Sorry!

ioan
14th July 2007, 16:44
Ioan, Robbie Kerr at Spyker! I have watched Robbie alot in A1 he is a good driver but not fast enough for F1 and you would need to be extra fast for Spyker.

I don't know this Kerr guy so I didn't comment on him.
And even if Montoya is a very talented driver he's not anymore a future talent.
As for Webber, he really is to old to spring any surprise anymore.

CCFanatic
14th July 2007, 16:58
Robert Doornbos
Sebastien Bourdais fixed spelling
Sebastien Vettel
Bruno Senna
Nelson Piquet Jnr
Neel Jani
Will Power

And the future superstar of F1 and this guy will surpass even Hamiltons debut

Nico Hulkenburg.

Bourdais- If he moves to a top F1 team or STR ups their cars, he will suceed. Win 10 GP's and have a great life.

Vettel- Your 2010 WDC with Red Bull Racing. Along with teammate Bruno Senna they will dominate F1 for many years.

Bruno- read above. Like alot of drivers with big names he is fast.

Piquet Jnr- If he loses his cockyness, he could and possibly will be a great driver. Not like his father, but a great driver. Like alot of big name drivers he is fast.

Jani- Like Vettel a Red Bull Junior Driver. If RB does not have seat for him in F1, I could see him staying in CCWS. The first Swiss driving star in along time.

Power- age could be an issue for him. He is 5 years older than Hamilton and his only F1 experience was a test with Jordan GP a few years back. I see him staying in CC and winning many races.

Hulkenburg- A great, great driver. He will lead Williams back to glory and challenge with Vettel, Senna, and Hamilton for many years to come.

jens
14th July 2007, 17:29
Last year I hoped that Andrew Ranger might be in F1 in the future, but it looks like this is not going to happen and he's going to have a NASCAR-career instead of that. What about Graham Rahal in F1? None of you has mentioned him. Swedish biggest future hope at the moment is Sebastian Hohenthal. Hopefully after Johansson soon comes a day, when a Swede joins F1 again - alas Wirdheim didn't get that far and Danielsson has disappeared to somewhere-nowhere...

There is one more guy that no-one has mentioned and if only money and sponsors weren't problem for him, he would be in F1 in the future - Marko Asmer, from Estonia, currently leading British F3 series. Remember him! :D

About spelling. Nico's surname name is Hülkenberg. :p : And Vettel's first name is Sebastian! :p :

wedge
14th July 2007, 22:41
There is one more guy that no-one has mentioned and if only money and sponsors weren't problem for him, he would be in F1 in the future - Marko Asmer, from Estonia, currently leading British F3 series. Remember him! :D

Who's he? :D

I'm expecting big things from him. He's definitely my tip for GP2 next year. Would love to see him start from the midfield a bit more, but he's do damn quick!

akv89
14th July 2007, 22:54
Get back to me when Hugo Hakkinen and Mick Schumacher are leading the championship :p :

ioan
14th July 2007, 23:11
Get back to me when Hugo Hakkinen and Mick Schumacher are leading the championship :p :

I hope for them that this never happens and they'll just have a happy life.

cy bais
16th July 2007, 01:10
Future Talent Grid

Now! That's the future.

Good grid indeed :)

Cy

Amadeus
16th July 2007, 05:34
Future Talent Grid

Now! That's the future.

There is absolutely no way Doornbos gets the Red Bull drive ahead of Vettel...especially since Seb is in line for the BMW drive for next season...

Also, unfinished business or not, Montoya will not be returning to F1...and I don't think he'll be missed...

Rosberg is already being linked to Ferrari for 2009, so I really don't expect him to stay with Williams beyond his current contract...

Madmonk
16th July 2007, 06:48
I agree, Nico Hulkenberg is the most intriguing young gun who is not yet in Formula One. He's managed by Willi Weber and may test a Renault sometime this year. However, Piquet seems destined for the second race seat. Thus, I predict Hulkenberg will either be a reserve driver in 2008, or he will be placed with an midfield team and achieve midfield results.

Now, if Doornbos wins the Champ Car title in his rookie season, (he is currently in the lead), he could be recalled to Europe for another crack at F1. IMO, he did a great job in his first go around, but one can only do so much with a Minardi. I'd like to see him in a Williams, but I think he's followed Bourdais right off the F1 radar.

Nakajima isn't overburdened with talent, but he could very well race for Toyota or their customer team (currently Williams), oweing to his quasi famous name.

Same can be said for Senna, who hasn't lit the world on fire yet, but could be placed with Toro Rosso sooner rather later.

Andretti is yet another famous name who could grace F1 in the years ahead, but he needs to be more productive in the IRL and then move to Europe if he's serious about making the jump.

Ammermuller dropped off alot of people's radars, but I still rank him pretty highly. I sorta think of him as the second coming of Heinz Harald Frentzen. I just wish we could get some of these good drivers out of the Red Bull program.

Glock might the GP2 Championship, but unless he wants to test drive the BMW or pilot a Spyker, I don't see how he's going to get back on the grid. PROVE ME WRONG TIMO!

My Predictions for 2008:

McLaren - Hamilton & Alonso
Ferrari - Raikkonen & Massa (Badoer)
BMW - Heidfeld & Kubica (Glock)
Renault - Kovalainen & Piquet (Hulkenberg)
Williams - Rosberg & Wurz/Doornbos/Glock/Nakajima?
Toyota - Trulli & Fisichella/Montagny/Nakajima?
Super Aguri - Sato & Rossiter
Honda - Button & Barrichello (Conway)
Red Bull - Coulthard & Webber (Ammermuller)
Toro Rosso - Bourdais & Vettel (Senna)
Spyker - Sutil & Klien (Winklehock)
Prodrive - De La Rosa & Paffett (Davidson)

Hawkmoon
16th July 2007, 07:22
I'd like to see each team bring a third car to each GP so that the test/reserve/third drivers could have a half-distance race as a curtain raiser to the main event.

The teams bring three cars to each race anyway so why not use them to both entertain the crowd and provide a platform for young guys to show their stuff.

OK, some of the teams would use their old test drivers. Ferrari would probably use Badoer and McLaren would use De La Rosa but Renault have Piquet Jnr, BMW have Vettel, Williams have Nakajima, Honda have Klien or Rossiter and Red Bull have a whole stable full of young drivers.

If we had this over the past few years we would have seen the likes of Kovalainen, Kubica and Davidson actually racing F1 machinery, not just testing it. Davidson would not have languished in Honda testing purgatory for so long if could have shown the paddock what he could do with the Honda from a few seasons back.

I don't think this idea would be cost prohibitive as all that's needed to stage a race with third drivers is already at the track anyway doing nothing useful. May as well us it to make F1 more entertaining.

joeswfc
16th July 2007, 12:48
Why not use friday as a proper test day with the third drivers aswell as the racedrivers setting the car up.

raikk
17th July 2007, 09:26
Sean McIntosh to Williams... you heard it here first :p : ;)