PDA

View Full Version : RCR/TAA Website

racing59
13th July 2007, 19:56
Hi all.

It's still very much "Work In Progress", but please have a look at

http://www.robcomptonracing.com

Comments welcome.

(Thrown together in five minutes in a farm shed by me!)

are-jay-enn
13th July 2007, 20:00
Looks good to me Rob. Well done mate.

Henry Cutts
13th July 2007, 22:07
Looks good!

bravheart
13th July 2007, 22:25
Well done Rob! Its really good to have you onboard, keep up the Great work!

racing59
13th July 2007, 22:30
Muchos gracias Amigo!

racing59
17th July 2007, 23:43
Hi all,

It's been updated. More pages added, and most importantly - a Fundraising page where you can get hold of some mega money off vouchers for Domino's.
(useful if you're in Kettering or Wellingborough, or within the delivery range for those stores).

More will be added soon - including a small Garden Shed - courtesy of Wickes!!!!!

Click on the FUNDRAISING link for the details.

Thanks.

Rob.

bravheart
18th July 2007, 23:56
Rob, have you asked if the Air Ambalance could be on display and based at Rockingham at Race Weekends? we use to have an Air Ambalance based their at race weekends, it obiously left when needed else where. but just an idea?

racing59
19th July 2007, 06:34
They are bringing their "dummy shell" along for the August meeting, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Jeff would probably know - but maybe they "paid" for them to be there in the "good ol' days".

racing59
19th July 2007, 21:33
TeamAirAmbulance.Com now live - though it shares the site with robcomptonracing.com (and TeamDangerous.com)!!!!

a.howes700
20th July 2007, 08:02
Dear Rob, I believe you recently allowed a member of the public to sit in your racer at a show. On Sunday 22nd July I am bringing an 18-year-old French girl and a 23-year-old Lithuanian girl to Rockingham. They will be having their first experience of auto racing, as there is no racing worth mentioning in France or Lithuania. Can I persuade you to let them sit in the car? I do not expect it for myself. Thet are both slim so will go through the window easily, and it would spread the word about auto racing in deprived countries. I realise the team may be too busy fettling the car. Would a donation to the team or to a charity help? Cheers, Andrew Howes

Chigley
20th July 2007, 11:45
Andrew, you'll find that virtually all the Pick Up Trucks and SCSA drivers will allow people into their cars as long as they are not too busy. Additionally if you come round to the gantry and introduce yourself whilst there is no track activity you can bring your guests onto the gantry for a look from "The best seat in the house".

Regards
Ian

Nick Brad
20th July 2007, 14:19
I think I can safely say on behalf of Rob that they'll be most welcome to have a sit in the car, just make sure you remember the camera. Oh, and donations to the Air Ambulance charity are always welcome ;)

a.howes700
21st July 2007, 09:22
Dear Ian Chigley and Nick Brad,
Thank you for your posts answering my cheeky request to let two young foreign ladies have a sit in the race car tomorrow. I am thrilled to bits on their behalf. Will bring a donation. I am a fan of SCSA since the beginning and get to every meeting--well I try to, but every year miss one for one reason or another.
This month I put up two big PUT posters at work and one on a public noticeboard in Milton Keynes. I am keen to put up PUT and SCSA posters around the Milton Keynes area, so if any teams or publicity staff read this they should contact me, preferably before tomorrow Sunday, if they can.
Two years ago I was a volunteer sponsor of Skid Carrera, which meant I was allowed to help push the car out to the srarting line-up. I was able to bring an Italian chap and a Swiss chap onto the pitlane, which was a great experience for them. I meet these young foreigners because I am a teacher of English as a foreign language.
I have aleady bought the tickets on behalf of the French girl and the Lithuanian girl, and so we will come to Rockingham even it is a washout.
Many thanks.
Yours in speed,
Andrew Howes

Tiesse
21st July 2007, 18:14
Dear Rob, I believe you recently allowed a member of the public to sit in your racer at a show. On Sunday 22nd July I am bringing an 18-year-old French girl and a 23-year-old Lithuanian girl to Rockingham. They will be having their first experience of auto racing, as there is no racing worth mentioning in France or Lithuania. Can I persuade you to let them sit in the car? I do not expect it for myself. Thet are both slim so will go through the window easily, and it would spread the word about auto racing in deprived countries. I realise the team may be too busy fettling the car. Would a donation to the team or to a charity help? Cheers, Andrew Howes

My Father in law managed it & I wouldn't describe him as slim.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Tiesse68/_MG_1994.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Tiesse68/_MG_19935x7.jpg

racing59
21st July 2007, 22:02
You and your guests will be most welcome (just so long as I'm not sitting in the car at the time!!!)

Come down and see us. No charge!!

Regards

Rob.

EarWig
21st July 2007, 22:15
You and your guests will be most welcome (just so long as I'm not sitting in the car at the time!!!)

Come down and see us. No charge!!

Regards

Rob.

AND
If you make a donation to Team Air Ambulance on Sunday pop down to the 31 pit at garage 3.

MAD Photography will be on hand for a photocall as long as you provide an address for them to send the image to.

Cheers
Ray

a.howes700
5th August 2007, 17:44
Many thanks to the Rob Compton team for allowing my French friend Carole and my Lithuanian friend Aida to sit in the driver's seat of the 79 SCSA at the third 2007 meeting. They were appropriately mind-boggled by such a privilege. I did not get a chance to take them to the gantry, as was also offered. This may have been because I was unclear as to what is meant by the "gantry." Does it mean the spotters' position?
Neither of them had been to an auto race before. Like me, they were not much interested by the wiggly stuff, in fact not at all by the Jedi midget race cars, which should only race on quarter miles I reckon, and barely by the Caterhams. Caterhams are the most competitive class on wiggly tracks, I have noticed, which is not saying much.
Any chance of free access to the pits at an A1GP meeting, such as the one that may clash with next year's opening meet at Rockingham next year?
No, I didn't think so. (It's all right, I wouldn't go to a complete wiggly track meeting if you paid me.)
However, I am not so happy at having been to THREE SCSA meets this year to see just TWO SCSA races and a brief null & void demo.
I have some pics of my friends climbing into the race car and chatting to other helpful race drivers, notably Neil Tressler, Kelly-Jayne Wells, Mark Willis and Simon Carr. I have no idea how to upload these onto this site, so if anyone would like to do this for me they should ciontact me through this forum and I will send them the negatives.
Yours in speed
Andrew Howes
P.S. I hear that someone starting in the front row in the Hungarian grand prix "race" won it. Am I right in thinking that every "race" in that series this year has been won from the front row?

racing59
17th August 2007, 00:38
The Team Air Ambulance / Rob Compton Racing website has had a little update.

Don't forget our raffle this coming weekend. Top prize is a "Bodyflight" - skydiving without aeroplanes!! Proceeds to our friends at the various air ambulance charities, so come and have a go!

As usual, all are welcome to visit the Team Air Ambulance garage.

Rob.

deadsquirrel
17th August 2007, 10:00
Don't forget our raffle this coming weekend. Top prize is a "Bodyflight" - skydiving without aeroplanes!! Proceeds to our friends at the various air ambulance charities, so come and have a go!

Rob.
Put me down for £10 worth of tickets - I'll try and throw the cash at you some time over the weekend. Do you still have that 'shed' - and is it a prize?

racing59
18th August 2007, 05:44
Yes, I still have the shed. The issue of transporting it was always going to be the problem, which is why it didn't go down as a prize. However, should one of your tickets win........ ;)

Rob.

deadsquirrel
20th August 2007, 10:41
Yes, I still have the shed. The issue of transporting it was always going to be the problem, which is why it didn't go down as a prize. However, should one of your tickets win........ ;)

Rob.

Didn't get chance to come down with cash at the weekend - I'm good for it till the next event, unless you want me to post it.